Lost all ether after system crash

Just downloaded the version_003 binary for OSX today. After mining for about 6 hours my system locked up and I had to do a hard reboot. Upon rebooting and restarting my AlethZero client, it seemed to start over at 0 finney. Shouldn't it be able to look at the existing blocks and see that I've done some mining already?

Comments

• gonzokawasakigonzokawasaki LondonMember Posts: 11
    i have had the same problem on windows. windows update forced a restart in the middle of the night and the wallet balances dissappeared when i reboot it. i backed up the wallet dat deleted them and then restarted. I havent managed to recover the balance. i cant see how to import private keys etc.
  • JasperJasper ✭✭✭ Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Obviously test net ether isnt worth anything. However an issue do deal with here. Did it lose the private(&public) keys? Barring they reset the blockchain somehow, the coins should stilll be under the address.
  • JasperJasper ✭✭✭ Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Read somewhere else that the whole blockchain is restarted against scammers pretending to sell ether.
  • StephanTualStephanTual mod London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    edited March 2014
    "As of PoC-3 [... ] a new network protocol (meaning older peers cannot connect and share their blocks) and automatic deletion of any existing blocks when the network protocol changes."

In order to get more Ether between versions to try out contracts without having to mine, try the IRC faucet Caktux has setup on #ethereum (freenode). You can also post your address as a PM to me on IRC, not here (assuming you're running POC3.11 alethzero) and I'll automatically assume you want Ether and will send you some when I check my messages.