5 GPU's on Windows 7?

GEBGEB Member Posts: 14
have 5 AMD R9 380
Windows 7
ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77

Trying to get the 5th GPU to work no joy.
Found this link in forum but not much discussion about it after it was posted?
https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU_mod.html

Any help or advice would be great thanks,

Comments

• SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    That's what I used and it worked great! I downloaded the 15.11 drivers from AMD, ran the fix, rebooted and it worked. I think I forced the registry changes as well, but I would have to look.
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    what error are you getting? Im having issues with Code 12 (this device does not have enough free resources it can use)
  • GEBGEB Member Posts: 14
    so I installed the mod "https://lbr.id.lv/6xgpu_mod/6xGPU_mod.html" still nothing.
    They system doesn't even see the 5th card.

I'm running windows 7
    plenty of ram
    ASUS SABERTOOTH 77z
    2-R9-390x both working
    2-R9-280 both working
    trying to add one more R9-280 no luck?

Is it mob or operating system?

Thanks for the help
  • pbo_uapbo_ua Member Posts: 4
    win7 does not support 5 cards, try to install 8
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    I ran 4 x 7990s (which is 8 GPUs in device manager) and it ran perfectly fine under Windows 7.
    edited March 2016

I have 6 installed just fine on Windows 7 Pro. @GEB, @wirelessnet2 - When you guys ran the 6xGPUMod did you check "Force", "Modify Registry" and "Reboot After" boxes? The first time I ran it I just clicked "Mod", rebooted and it didn't work. I had to click those boxes. Hope this helps.
  • muerethemuerethe Member Posts: 16
    At the link below (page 4) someone claims that Windows 10 supports 8 gpu out of the box so try upgrading to 10 and see what happens. The quickest way to upgrade to 10 is use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. You can always downgrade back to Win7 after then go to Win8 and follow these instructions. The only pc I have using 10 was an upgrade from 8 so I can't verify an out of the box version of Windows 10.

Upgrade to Win8 then install 14.4 drivers and follow the 14.4 mod v3 instructions from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=712228.0 . For me upgrading drivers caused problems seeing the 6th gpu so stay on 14.4 unless you can get Windows 10. Last week I upgraded to Windows 10 and mining away with 6 gpu using Crimson 15.12 driver. Keep the Display Driver Uninstaller from guru3d.com handy if you want to try your luck with other driver versions.
    I don't see what the huge problem is. If you have to go to Windows 8, then do it. Install Crimson 15.12, let it detect all 6 GPUs. You will get one card with an exclamation mark, and an error code 43. Then just run 6xGPU mod, tick "Modify Registry", and click Mod button. Restart computer. Done. Finished. I've done these steps on 3 rigs now. No problems whatsoever.
    Thanks when I get home will check the force mod check box. Also what the preferred AMD Driver?
    Use Crimson 15.12 - it works perfectly. Don't use version 16, it will slow down your hash rate
    anyone have a link for Crimson 15.12 can only find 16 on AMD website.

Thanks,
    Manually look up your card and when it displays the latest driver look on the right hand side of the screen... Should say something like "Previous versions" or something like that.
    Okay want to thank everyone. I went home uninstalled all AMD drives. I also turn off the UAC "User Account Control" in the window control panel, ran the GPU mod like SIRacer09 suggested then rebooted. Installed crimson 15.12 drivers and it was working.
    5 GPUs on window 7.

Thanks again.
    Nice. Glad it worked for you! Happy mining!
  • bdon22bdon22 Member Posts: 37
    Bumping an old thread because I'm a noob and tried to search for my answer.

Does anyone know if this patcher will still work with Crimson ReLive 17.5.1 / Radeon Software 1.7.4.4?

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, currently maxing out at 4 GPU's per rig. I have 5 rigs total running 4 cards each so if I could get this to work it would be sweeeeeeet since it would mean I don't have to buy Windows 10 five times.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    bdon22 said:

Does anyone know if this patcher will still work with Crimson ReLive 17.5.1 / Radeon Software 1.7.4.4?

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, currently maxing out at 4 GPU's per rig. I have 5 rigs total running 4 cards each so if I could get this to work it would be sweeeeeeet since it would mean I don't have to buy Windows 10 five times.

you don't need to buy windows 10 at all...you can install it and use it without activating it. For free.
  • bdon22bdon22 Member Posts: 37
    agent412 said:

bdon22 said:

you don't need to buy windows 10 at all...you can install it and use it without activating it. For free.
    Really? Which version? I downloaded a copy and it asked me for a cd key while installing.