CUDA miner

Comments

• blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    dominus said:

But the problem is that nvidia-smi tool does not allow me to change clocks with those drivers. Any workaround or other method for forcing the P0 state?

Please check out my post here: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/25198/#Comment_25198
    Remember the nvidia-smi command for setting compute state (P0) needs to be run in admin mode console.
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @Genoil How does the --failover-retries work? Let's say my computer with the proxy running restarts and I have --failover-retries 4. Will my miners start mining on my -FF indefinitely assuming they try to reach the proxy 4 times and are unable to? If I use --failover-retries with no value will my miners mine on my FF pool and constantly look for the proxy while they are mining away? Thanks.

I'm also curious how to enable stratum support within the miner.

edit: I couldn't get the -FF to work. Is this the right format:

-FF http://somepool.com --failover-retries 4

Can it even use pools or does it have to be a proxy?
    Post edited by ImAMiner? on
  • DPS50DPS50 Member Posts: 79
    DPS50 said:

I want to run 2 AMD cards with the CUDA miner and a 3rd AMD card with a separate CUDA miner in a new command window.
    How can i do that ?

Thanks in advance :smile:

So
    ethminer.exe -G --opencl-devices 0 1 -F ...
    ethminer.exe -G --opencl-devices 2 -R C:\DAG -F ...

which are the full commands in order to run 2 GPU's in one pool and 1 GPU in an other pool ?
    ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8332/username.workername:workerpassword
  • GenoilGenoil 0xeb9310b185455f863f526dab3d245809f6854b4dMember Posts: 769 ✭✭✭
    @ImAMiner? Retries is just the amount of reconnection attempts to the active farm URL (F or FF) before it switches to the alternative. There's 3 secondes between reconnects. To test if it works, set both F and FF and change 1 letter to the F URL. Then it should end up mining against the FF URL after retries.
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Genoil said:

@ImAMiner? Retries is just the amount of reconnection attempts to the active farm URL (F or FF) before it switches to the alternative. There's 3 secondes between reconnects. To test if it works, set both F and FF and change 1 letter to the F URL. Then it should end up mining against the FF URL after retries.

My problem was that ethminer would quit right away with the -FF setting. Deleted -FF and --failover-retries and it worked. I should tried to run -FF without --failover-retries to see if that was the problem. Unfortunately I can't test it, maybe later.

• Bensam123Bensam123 Member Posts: 62
    So... using the -R old option, it now uses twice as much diskspace. The old files are kept inside the ethereum mining directory and there are two still in ethash in app data. Not sure why this is the case. When it generates a new one you can literally delete the old ones while it's doing it.
  • dominusdominus Member Posts: 36
    bluebox said:

dominus said:

But the problem is that nvidia-smi tool does not allow me to change clocks with those drivers. Any workaround or other method for forcing the P0 state?

Please check out my post here: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/comment/25198/#Comment_25198
    Remember the nvidia-smi command for setting compute state (P0) needs to be run in admin mode console.
    I know how to use nvidia-smi. I'm just saying it doesn't work in win10x64 + nvidia 347.xx win7x64 drivers.

I also know the second best option - the nvidia inspector. It allows only rising mem clocks up to 3505(in P2) which are the default P0 clocks. Better than nothing but still not perfect.
    @dominus Well, Win10... I haven't "downgraded" to it for many reasons, this may be another. :/
  • chrizzochrizzo GermanyMember Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Hello, i have 2 rigs with GTX 970 and want to mine with them. What i have to do?
    bluebox said:

@dominus Well, Win10... I haven't "downgraded" to it for many reasons, this may be another. :/

Offcourse ;) I have just my working pc in the office running win10. I would always chose win7 or some light linux distro for mining.
    dominus said:

my working pc in the office

@dominus Self-employed? Or no ethics concerns... :o
    Bensam123 said:

So... using the -R old option, it now uses twice as much diskspace. The old files are kept inside the ethereum mining directory and there are two still in ethash in app data. Not sure why this is the case. When it generates a new one you can literally delete the old ones while it's doing it.

-R old implies that you want to store Dag files in ./old directory. It has nothing to do with cleanup. Use -E old for that. It will then keep the current dag directory (default or specified via -R) clean, but always keeps the latest two dags (current and upcoming)
    bluebox said:

dominus said:

my working pc in the office

@dominus Self-employed? Or no ethics concerns... :o
    What about a third option? The 970 is mine. It is very well used during the working hours and it is mining when the pc is free ;) The only reason I have it in my work pc is that it is very usefull for my job and not because of the free power. I would be doing some more profit having it home beside my other mining gpus(because it would be mining all the time). At least since eth mining became so profitable.
    btw the power is quite cheap here ~0.12EUR/kWh

• newkidONdablocknewkidONdablock interwebzMember Posts: 121
    0.12eur ain't cheap
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @dominus and @newkidONdablock ya; quite expensive really. That's 2.25x my cost for power.
  • BiteTheCoinBiteTheCoin Member Posts: 6
    I should probably start using the built in proxy instead of the 3rd party one I assume? Seems like that would be less "latency" in having to report to an external program, then the pool.
    What command line do you recommend using currently on a g2.2 EC instance? I realize it's not profitable, but with just one instance running not really expensive either to try.
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Can you use the '-s' stratum option in tandem with '-FF' to failover from the primary (built-in) stratum connection to a separate eth-proxy process? If so, how (please)?
    @dlehenky nope, not possible. To make it possible, it would require a bit of restructuring of the miner frontend. So I'll put this on the 1.1.x wishlist ;)
    @Genoil Ok, thanks. Bummer, though. Lack of failover is the major reason I don't use qtminer. I guess I'll stick with eth-proxy for a while longer. I run a proxy per rig, so at least the polling is local to the machine. Seems to work reasonably well.
    @dlehenky failover from stratum to stratum would be simpler to make.
    @genoil -SS option for a second stratum server? That would be huge.
  • BeneKikiBeneKiki Member Posts: 17
    Which is the best display driver version for 980 Ti to mine, in windows 10?
    edited March 2016
    @Genoil That would be great! I'd just like to failover between two of ethpool's US servers. Btw, I wouldn't think of starting to use your miner without making a donation. I applaud the work you've put into it.
  • restlessrestless Member Posts: 80
    Is there 1.0.6 build?
    Reading last 2 pages I see "stratum: being mentioned as supported - looks like I missed this feature, does that mean that if mining to dwarfpool/coinotron etc (wchich use stratum proxies), I can directly use Genoil's ethminer?!
    See no mention in help/release info :/

edited March 2016
    @restless latest from genoil is 1.06b2 - it's on genoil's github under the mutli-devices branch. Direct stratum support using -S is available since 1.05 (if I recall correctly, didn't double check).
    @work I took it out of beta, so it's in master already
    @genoil you the man =] much appreciation for your work.
  • sikuntsikunt Member Posts: 13
    will the DAG ever go over 3gb? i was going to get some old 7950's but not sure if they will last the length.
    dominus said:

What about a third option? The 970 is mine.

The pc, electric, and infrastructure (network i/o) is not. Trust me, most employers with any policy (which one's don't have one?) would not see it your way. Tread carefully, wouldn't want to lose a job over a few extra ETH. ;)
  • restlessrestless Member Posts: 80
    2 questions:
    - Which stratum servers are supported? Dwarfpool @ 8008 doesn't connect
    - is failover compatible with stratum?

Any example how and where stratum can be used ?