Noob here, need some clarifications with mining doubts!

I am pretty new to all the mining stuff and the technical aspects pertaining to this too. So I have a few doubts to be clarified. Please help!
1. Is Linux OS based mining faster than that in Windows OS?
Because I think after seeing the posts on the benchmarks discussions Linux OS based mining setups appeared to give much higher level of Mh/s compared
to similar setup in Windows. Is it true or just faulty observation on my part?

2. My setup : Windows 10/ GeForce NVIDIA GTX 850M 8GB.
And the hash rate I get is 2Mh/s at maximum, while lower level GPUs seem to be getting 20Mh/s easily....Am I doing something wrong?

3. Does anyone recommend cloud service mining? Has anyone tried this option? The few internet discussion I came across on this topic were discussing about AWS and its just very slightly profitable.

Comments

• o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    edited March 2016
    @powersource97
    1. Linux is good and you can now purchase plug and play disks with 'ethOS' installed. Not mining windows but have seen plenty of problems in the threads particularly on Win 10
    2. Haven't seen many laptop benchmarks but I would say they're drastically limited by the standard 64Bit DDR3 memory bus whereas GDDR GPU's can run anything from there to 1024 bits wide.
    3. AWS is hell expensive for hashing though it has been done.
  • powersource97powersource97 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks very much for the clarifications!
  • MAGRAOMAGRAO Member Posts: 2
    HELLO, I am WITH A PROBLEM FOR THE SITE mine SUPERNOVA, DO ALL REQUEIRMENTOS certinho BUT ERROR, specifically THAT MISTAKE >> LOOP unroll
    R9 280X GPU