Fiance is telling me I'm insane, after showing her my proposed mining blueprint(rant)

LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
But that's what we get. Anyone who does anything revolutionary, throughout the course of history, suffers blowback from their loved ones. But that is a small price to pay. It is the ones who tread onward with their chins down and follow their goal who will succeed. History repeats itself, I take a look back at those old Bitcoin threads from 2011 and I feel that sense of drive and urgency to hit the ground with both feet running.

"But what if it tanks, but what if it tanks" - they say. If it takes, I will sell the cards I have and get out. It's a risk I'm willing to take. Life is risk, I tell them. Al Pacino said it best in the Devil's Advocate - "You can get killed walkin' your doggie" - Life is too short to sit and wait around for the next train to jump on, as I sit on these BTC exchange sites exchanging bitcoin after bitcoin for a meager 4 or 500 bucks a week washing 12 grand back and forth dealing with bs from bank after bank, I look down at my Ubuntu notes and study them. I'm tired of worrying about if a guy will do a chargeback on a big cash deposit to my bank, and dealing with photos of uploaded receipts.....

I'm wiring a damn 220 to my outdoor shed, I'm tired of all of this.

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @Lagniappe You didn't come to this life to live it for another; you're here to live it for YOU. That may sound selfish, but unless you love yourself fully, you can't fully love another. To thine own self be true ... A life that demands certainty is a life not fully lived. Do what serves you best.
  • LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
    @dlehenky true words of wisdom right there, sir
  • 5w00p5w00p Member Posts: 7
    If regular people understood new things worth a shit, they wouldn't be regular fuckin' people anymore. Fuck 'em. Build it and they will come.
  • KoSoVaRKoSoVaR Member Posts: 10
    I used to think like you.

Until I went in about 150k on a GPU farm in March 2014.

Wish I had that now...

• LagniappeLagniappe Dirty SouthMember Posts: 136 ✭✭
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Lagniappe said:

But that's what we get. Anyone who does anything revolutionary, throughout the course of history, suffers blowback from their loved ones. But that is a small price to pay. It is the ones who tread onward with their chins down and follow their goal who will succeed. History repeats itself, I take a look back at those old Bitcoin threads from 2011 and I feel that sense of drive and urgency to hit the ground with both feet running.

"But what if it tanks, but what if it tanks" - they say. If it takes, I will sell the cards I have and get out. It's a risk I'm willing to take. Life is risk, I tell them. Al Pacino said it best in the Devil's Advocate - "You can get killed walkin' your doggie" - Life is too short to sit and wait around for the next train to jump on, as I sit on these BTC exchange sites exchanging bitcoin after bitcoin for a meager 4 or 500 bucks a week washing 12 grand back and forth dealing with bs from bank after bank, I look down at my Ubuntu notes and study them. I'm tired of worrying about if a guy will do a chargeback on a big cash deposit to my bank, and dealing with photos of uploaded receipts.....

I'm wiring a damn 220 to my outdoor shed, I'm tired of all of this.

smart move, i wired 240 V last year and 6 240 v outlets in my basement and its the best move i made last year
    endless power
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    KoSoVaR said:

I used to think like you.

Until I went in about 150k on a GPU farm in March 2014.

Wish I had that now...

150k is too much, if you spent that much it means you were buying when AMD jacked up the prices of 280x and 290s bascially all R9s by 60%

I remeber an R9 290 was $499 at that time jesus and the X cards were close to 600.

Right now its good to build a farm becase the prices of GPU's are retail not jacked up yet but best belive in 2-3 months prices will shoot up as the stock begins to fall.