Can someone PLEASE help me set up mining on my MAC I'll pay you ethers/bitcoins!!

coolfunjnxcoolfunjnx Member Posts: 4
I'm not a technical guy and would like someone to just basically set it up for me on my mac, i am very confused after reading the instructions, it seems most are designed for windows and linux anyway. if someone can help me through skype or teamviewer I am happy to pay. please let me know. thank you.

Best Answer

Answers

• PansyfaustPansyfaust Member Posts: 29
    If you are happy to pay, maybe buy some hashing power
  • coolfunjnxcoolfunjnx Member Posts: 4

If you are happy to pay, maybe buy some hashing power

whats the point when i don't even know how to mine
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    You can't mine on a MAC. Get a PC!
  • EpicMinerEpicMiner Member Posts: 2

I'm not a technical guy and would like someone to just basically set it up for me on my mac, i am very confused after reading the instructions, it seems most are designed for windows and linux anyway. if someone can help me through skype or teamviewer I am happy to pay. please let me know. thank you.

I spent all of yesterday getting mining working on my OS X devices. Its not complicated once you figure out the command line & github process. I can help you out.

• blueboxbluebox Member Posts: 181 ✭✭
    A modern iMac with 2-4GB discrete radeon chipset can indeed mine without melting down. Not able to overclock or undervolt like on a PC though, but that's not the point.

Even so, that's why I only mentioned using older Mac towers with pcie slots.
  • CryptuxCryptux Member Posts: 118 ✭✭
    G416G said:

Would have to say the opposite. I'm sure it can mine for a few seconds just like a volvo can compete in daytona 500 for a few miles but you will never ever achieve anything on the imac. The imac is a personal office type commuter with no efficient cooling and not meant to run 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Its a plastic computer with low end components that can't handle the heat. Do the math on current draw and figure out where that goes as its converted to heat and you will see its becomes a melt box. Even if possible it would fall under the silly category.

Well said!

G416G said:

Would have to say the opposite. I'm sure it can mine for a few seconds just like a volvo can compete in daytona 500 for a few miles but you will never ever achieve anything on the imac. The imac is a personal office type commuter with no efficient cooling and not meant to run 24hrs a day 7 days a week. Its a plastic computer with low end components that can't handle the heat. Do the math on current draw and figure out where that goes as its converted to heat and you will see its becomes a melt box. Even if possible it would fall under the silly category.

Wasn't passing judgement on the "silly" factor, simply straightening out that it could be done — without melting down. I've run gpu-intensive apps on many a Mac, including iMacs without issues at all. They're not "plastic computer[s] with low end components", as you seem biased to state, probably not having owned one.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't do it, but that's up to the owner. At $9+/ETH anyone can make a few bucks on just about anything with a gpu these days!
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    Get a REAL computer. MAC's are toys.. :p
    Aren't all computers toys? :D