ethereumwallet.org

So i decided to setup a wallet at ethereumwallet.org you no its supposed to be safe 2FA login setup anyway I go to login the site its down so after a few hrs try again nothing so just for the heck of it I check my address well guess what 00000000 now 15 hrs ago 1700 eth where all sent from a bunch of address to 0xa744989a3116beb348be2a3c8e8539a2306bd42f so who ever had wallet there you probably have no eth this is the first time i used a web wallet and now the last

Comments

• Dude_xDude_x Member Posts: 40
    Thats really sh.t.
    Site is down to..again
    Never use a webwallet, its just not safe.
  • oakmasteroakmaster Member Posts: 12
    Dude_x said:

Thats really sh.t.
    Site is down to..again
    Never use a webwallet, its just not safe.

usually I don't but it was a nice wallet and was supposed to be secure there was a article on cointelegraph.com about it so I figured it's was safe yeah first time I used a Web wallet and the last is the scumbags like this who give crypto currency a bad rap everyday you read how this was a scam or some exchange lost all your coins
  • randomfaterandomfate Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody heard from the developers?

Also, I checked my account address and verified that all of my ether is still there. Is there any way to move my funds from the etherumwallet.org wallet to a different wallet using the address?
    I have no clue all my eth is gone the 1700 that was taken from me the the other wallets where just move to 0xf7e0628c6f6d7de48cf984b9febc8bad24168511 that has a balance of 10,000 so once a scammer always a scammer
  • sepehrsepehr Member Posts: 14
    It's really strange that someone write an opensource code and be an scammer!
    the really messed up thing is it was a pretty nice wallet that's why i used it I figured it was safe the code was in github you could setup 2fa which I did makes me wonder how secure is 2fa
  • infettatoinfettato Member Posts: 1
    hello I too have a wallet on ethereum.org and has not yet been emptied ...
    I'm trying to recover my ether via ethercamp but the seed provided by them (etherwallet.org) is too long, there are two more characters than the limit set ethercamp. In the few threads on the web I read that others have in my own terms.
    Tips?
    I apologize for the coem I wrote .... I used google translate
  • akropissakropiss Member Posts: 64
    Web wallets are notorious for being unsafe, even if it isn't a scam, it's online and liable to being down, freezing your coin, best to keep it on your rig and if possible backed up on a USB stick, at least this was the case with other currencies.