ethminer isn't reporting the hashing rate

ramviramvi Member Posts: 10
It only says "workLoop 1 ..." without reporting the actual hashrate, like this: https://gist.github.com/ramvi/95e28d1e62ff2214bdfb , instead of like it should be.

Any ideas to as of why? Thanks!

Comments

• rpmxrpmx Member Posts: 21
    More recent versions of ethminer don't report the hashrate anymore, so this is normal. Even setting the verbosity to the highest level (9, I believe) doesn't get the program to display messages like the older versions; for me, it didn't seem to change anything.
  • ramviramvi Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply rpmx! That puts me at ease.

So the question now is, how do I get it back?
  • rpmxrpmx Member Posts: 21
    The only way I know of would be to revert to an earlier version, which will give you an ethminer that reports the hashrate. If you're on Windows, the way to do that would be to uninstall the current version, then download Ethereum++ v. 0.9.41 by clicking here, and launch the .exe, which is an installer.

If you're running another OS, I'm sorry, I've only been mining in Windows and don't have instructions for doing this in Linux or OS X.

And of course, I'd try keeping the latest version, but I'm not an expert on cpp-ethereum or IT in general for that matter, so maybe the older version would work fine too.