Question on GUI Wallet on Windows

Pei13Pei13 Member Posts: 32
I just downloaded the GUI wallet for windows but it gets stuck on "Ethereum node needs to sync please wait." I'm stuck on block 420,616 are the blocks large in terms of data? I'm trying to get access to the Ether that I got from participating in the presale last year. I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about it and would appreciate any help.

Comments

• oliverkxoliverkx Member Posts: 85
    I have not played with the wallet yet. Do you (or anyone) know if it is using the geth client, the eth client, or its own client? If it is using the geth client, then I would first download the latest version of geth and use it to synchronize with the block-chain. Then, once you're all caught up, launch the wallet. Same thing if it is using the C++ eth client (my understanding is that the local storage for the block-chain isn't compatible between both clients).
  • roseleeroselee Member Posts: 6
    i have some presale ether too and would apriciate it if you post it if you get that wallet running. i am just a normal user and not so confident ( especialy with all this warnings on the ether page)
    be so kind and share your findouts thanks
  • aerohornyaerohorny Member Posts: 2
    Where i can download this GUI wallet??
  • Pei13Pei13 Member Posts: 32
    roselee said:

i have some presale ether too and would apriciate it if you post it if you get that wallet running. i am just a normal user and not so confident ( especialy with all this warnings on the ether page)
    be so kind and share your findouts thanks

I just used the command line to create an account. Got it working. Just follow the instructions from ethereum.org