OnePool's 2 minute challenge.

OneEtherOneEther Member Posts: 7
OnePool's releasing a 2 minute challenge.

We're about 1 GH/s right now, and growing fast.

Here's our two minute challenge to the Ethereum mining community.

We've released anonymous mining at OnePool, capable of supporting up to 255 machines on each address. We take care of all the optimization for you so that you make more money.

Mining's dead easy:

Point your miner(s) to http://oneether.com:8080?miner=ADDRESS
See your stats at http://oneether.com/pool/ADDRESS
What makes us different is that you see your shares displayed in front of your face, and your balance goes up in front of your eyes.

You'll be able to tell within 2 minutes whether you're making more money from us than your current pool. Give us a try, and leave if you're making less. We (almost) guarantee that you won't.

As per One's release document, we plan to open source on September 29th, 2015.

Comments

• greggreg Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2015
    Connection to your pool is constantly lost. It is impossible to mine on it. Fix it ASAP or you'll lose all miners.
    Post edited by greg on
  • farwarefarware Member Posts: 116
    greg said:

Connection to your pool is constantly lost. It is impossible to mine on it. Fix it ASAP or you'll lose all miners.

I'll second that. JSON RPC problem .. looks like you've got some work to do

Also how often do you pay out

• OneEtherOneEther Member Posts: 7
    edited September 2015
    farware said:

greg said:

I'll second that. JSON RPC problem .. looks like you've got some work to do

Also how often do you pay out

The JSON RPC problem should now be fixed.

Heres a quick postmortem on the issue:
    Our pool was periodically (~once every 4m) recording miner statistics in a mongodb table, various things like total shares, online time, etc. This thread contained a global pool lock to prevent stale data.
    At the same time, another process on our server was crawling the block chain and storing new data in a different table. To make the web interface easier, we stored addresses with all of their transactions in a single mongo record. This, for 99% of the cases was fine, but for a very small number of ethereum addresses it created a hugely bloated structure. Whenever one of these addresses would be updated (mined a block, participated in a transaction), mongo would struggle updating their info and stall any other connections until finished.
    So, if our miner statistic update happened while a whale address was stalling mongo, the pool would lock, stall on mongo and any incoming connections that (however briefly) required the pool lock would also stall. This, in the end, would timeout certain incoming messages or anything that required the global lock.
    This issue had been getting worse the larger these whale addresses became. Last night, the largest of the whales reached the mongo record size limit and caused some especially nasty problems. We've pushed a fix and have been testing and auditing since. 'json disconnect' should now be history.

Give us another try and let use know if you have any other issues!

The issue will make a bit more sense if you read through our backend yourself when we release the source code on September 29th!

As for payouts, we pay every 12h.

TLDR: it was all nanopool's fault ;) And some design choices made for web availability in a separate program caused timeouts by mutex contention.
    RPC problem seems to be fixed but hashrate is being underreported by about 50 MH/s .. I connected 140 MH/s for testing purposes and it constantly reports 94 MH/s after a while (started out with 140).

Could be another issue but hashrate reporting is never accurate at this point, not even when I use my own geth instance
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    farware said:

RPC problem seems to be fixed but hashrate is being underreported by about 50 MH/s .. I connected 140 MH/s for testing purposes and it constantly reports 94 MH/s after a while (started out with 140).

Could be another issue but hashrate reporting is never accurate at this point, not even when I use my own geth instance

@farware My observations have been exactly the opposite. So far, oneether.com reports my hashrate pretty much exactly the same as my own eth node reports it. Note, I run cpp-etherem -- not geth.

When I start up the miners it may take a minute or two for them to fully sync up with the remote node and for the node to start reporting the full hashrate, but that will be the case with any pool, not just oneether.com.
    Yea definitely underreporting and not giving me a high enough difficulty and reward me accordingly to my hashrate.

Ill check again when its fixed
    edited September 2015
    farware said:

Yea definitely underreporting and not giving me a high enough difficulty and reward me accordingly to my hashrate.

@farware What's your mining setup? Are you overclocking your cards? Is it possible that one or more cards are crashing due to too much overclock?

That is where the ethminer output is really lacking. I wish it would give more useful info like sgminer/cgminer -- with each individual card's indicated hashrate, etc. And I'm not even talking about things like temps, etc. -- I think per card hashrate would be the most beneficial thing at this point in time.
    MrYukonC said:

farware said:

@farware What's your mining setup? Are you overclocking your cards? Is it possible that one or more cards are crashing due to too much overclock?

That is where the ethminer output is really lacking. I wish it would give more useful info like sgminer/cgminer -- with each individual card's indicated hashrate, etc. And I'm not even talking about things like temps, etc. -- I think per card hashrate would be the most beneficial thing at this point in time.
    Mining setup: ethminer on Win10, runs smoothly, mined about 30 blocks

Nope they are not crashing I verified they run correctly and when I run my own geth instance I have a much higher output (140Mh/s)

It may not even be an issue on your side (although possible) but I am not willing to take that risk.
    edited September 2015
    farware said:

MrYukonC said:

farware said:

Mining setup: ethminer on Win10, runs smoothly, mined about 30 blocks

Nope they are not crashing I verified they run correctly and when I run my own geth instance I have a much higher output (140Mh/s)

It may not even be an issue on your side (although possible) but I am not willing to take that risk.
    Well, so far I haven't observed anything out of the ordinary regarding my reported hashrate on the pool.

The opposite has been the case for me regarding solo mining. Had another stretch from 8 am yesterday to 8 am today with 0 blocks mined. That's the 2nd time in a week and a half that has happend with 215 MH/s.

As I said before -- that just seems wrong / broken to me, especially when the various online estimate calculators indicate that 215 MH/s should be mining about 2-3 blocks per day. :|
    I confirm that there is some problem with underreporting hashrate: it shows about 10-14 MH for my rig running on 27 real MH. And it shows about 30 MH for my rig with real speed of 110 MH! DAG regeneration doesn't help. Other pools (suprnova, nanopool, dwarfpool) work perfect.
    greg said:

Other pools (suprnova, nanopool, dwarfpool) work perfect.

@greg Really? I've found nanopool's reported hashrate is all over the place! Usually something significantly less than the actual hashrate and rarely ever higher than the actual hashrate.
    @MrYukonC Really. Most precise in terms of reported hashrate are dwarfpool and ethereumpool, followed by suprnova and nanopool. Last two's reports are not so accurate, but average reported speed is perfectly fine, and often 5-10% more that actual.
    Oneether's reports were accurate several days ago, but then troubles came - first with JSON RPC, now with hashrate reporting.
    @greg Well, you're in Russia, right? Nanopool and suprnova are both physically closer to you -- their servers are somewhere in Europe. I think dwarfpool is somewhere in Russia, so they should have very low latency for you. I think Ethereumpool in now serving out of France? So they should be decent too.

I think Oneether is serving out of the US, so their latency may be a bit higher for you and very good for me (I'm in the US). I believe the underlying issue related to nearly all inaccurate hashrate reports across all pools, is latency. The higher the latency (ping) the more inaccurate their perceived hashrate will be.

Being off a little in either direction (higher or lower) should not be too big of a deal. However, if it's say 25% or more off, then I could see that starting to affect things, because I believe shares are handed out to workers based on perceived (or manually reported in Etherumpool's case) hashrates.
    Actually, I've just discovered that problem with OneEther was on my side - (accidentally) I've used old .bat with ethminer 0.9.40, and looks like that was exactly the reason. Now on ethminer 0.9.41 everything runs nice and smooth, reported speed is ok. Balance ticking on :)

Latency is important for Ethereum mining, but not to that extent as you've described - even in Russia we can mine fine ^_^ and btw, dwarfpool have several servers, one of them in Russia, others in EU and US. That guy rocks.
    @OneEther Are you still planning on releasing source for your various backends today?
    edited September 2015
    Yes, we just released the source code! Check it out here: https://github.com/OneEther/OneBackend

join our pool, or try out our dice at http://www.oneether.com

If you would like to donate to the open source effort, please send donations to: 0x329a2da2753351f9b5d7a7c9ac51664278b3b817 or try out our other services on our site!

Tomorrow, we will be launching One Thousand. The first 1000 Ether raffle. Be sure to stay tuned for the launch announcement!
  • ethfanethfan Member Posts: 458 ✭✭✭
    Is oneether.com down? First tried last nite with good results but can't seem to connect to site at all tonight.
    Should be back up!
  • LordPalceLordPalce Member Posts: 1
    hello. i mined on your pool 2 days ago, but yesterday pool was down. today pool i up but my ether coins are not send to my address. Why? I have 5.6 ETH on pool, but i can see how to withdraw manualy
  • MarekzMarekz IrelandMember Posts: 9
    LordPalce said:

hello. i mined on your pool 2 days ago, but yesterday pool was down. today pool i up but my ether coins are not send to my address. Why? I have 5.6 ETH on pool, but i can see how to withdraw manualy

I have the same problem and I also noticed that the pool has released the last payout 3 days ago and has not released any more since then.

Does anyone have any update for the long delay to release the payouts?
    Marekz said:

LordPalce said:

I have the same problem and I also noticed that the pool has released the last payout 3 days ago and has not released any more since then.

Does anyone have any update for the long delay to release the payouts?
    @Marekz I mined there for a while with no issues. I'm not sure what is going on with the pool, but it looks dead now -- it only has 4 miners on it for a total of 97 MH/s :neutral: The pool address also has an Ether balance of 110.419.

To their credit, the guy who runs it has been pretty responsive -- you could try messaging him directly either on here or Reddit.
    @MrYukonC cheers mate! I have already checked the same status you sent me. I sent him a message as you suggested through this forum and I hope I get a response. We never know what might have happened on the other side.
    @Marekz I also sent him a private message on Reddit to see if everything is okay. Told him there are some people over here that are concerned about no payout and whatnot for a few days. Hopefully we hear something.
  • Sterkey25Sterkey25 Member Posts: 8
    He is usually very responsive so this troubles me as well, I'm going to switch back to supernova for the time being until payouts start to happen again. Let me know if you get a response.
    I still have not received any response since then.

This afternoon I have accessed the website to check if the payout was released, but a few minutes ago, I tried to access their website to use their currency converter and... boom!!!!!

The website is down.

Is it happening with you guys? Is it a possible scam? I don't want to start any speculation, but I don't have their wallet address to see if their balance is still climbing. Does anyone have it to double check?

Cheers,
    edited October 2015
    Marekz said:

I still have not received any response since then.

This afternoon I have accessed the website to check if the payout was released, but a few minutes ago, I tried to access their website to use their currency converter and... boom!!!!!

The website is down.

Is it happening with you guys? Is it a possible scam? I don't want to start any speculation, but I don't have their wallet address to see if their balance is still climbing. Does anyone have it to double check?

Cheers,

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call scam on this one.

The page is indeed down.

Here is the link to their original pool Ethereum address:
    https://etherchain.org/account/0x329a2da2753351f9b5d7a7c9ac51664278b3b817

Please note that the remaining pool balance of 143.55423654686445 Ether was transferred 34 minutes ago (as of the time of this post) to the following account (which appears to be a newly created account):
    https://etherchain.org/account/0x21440d9a3062a2c8332e91c229b7986a1c8c14eb

It was then sent from that account to Poloniex:
    https://etherchain.org/account/0x32be343b94f860124dc4fee278fdcbd38c102d88

Edit: You may want to go ahead and post this up on Reddit. Oneether has had more than enough time to respond to the original inquiry (almost 2 weeks at this point). Not to mention the rather suspicious transaction activity that occurred just today.
    Post edited by MrYukonC on
    edited October 2015
    @Marekz I went ahead and made a post on Reddit about this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/3ol2ql/oneethercom_another_scam

It's really important that people are careful so they do not continue to get scammed and ripped off.
    @MrYukonC Thank you for explaining that to me and also for posting on Reddit.