The coins I bought from the pre-sale are not in my json wallet

The coins I bought from the Ether pre-sale are not in my json wallet. When I purchased the coins during the pre-sale, I made the btc payment and got an address. But I was not able to download my wallet during the buying process for some reasons.

I contacted the help desk regarding my problem of not getting the wallet. The help desk emailed me back and gave me an instruction to ask me to re-register and try to download the wallet again (I saved all the email exchanges). I followed the instruction and got the wallet which has a different address than the first one.

The help desk asked me to send the wallet I downloaded in the second time back to them and promise to assign my coins to the second address instead of the first one.

After so many months I have forgot the difference between my first address and my wallet. After Ether distributed the coins, I checked my first address and saw my coins were there. I even sent two testing transactions to it to test the prefix of 0x. But only recently when I tried to upload my wallet onto the online client I found that there was no coin in it and realized and they sent my coins to the wrong address.

I have contacted the help desk three times and have not heard anything back. Are they still operating the help desk? Have tried the [email protected] and the forum mod. No answers from them either. How do I get some help?

Comments

• panpan Member Posts: 27
    Have you tried anything involving your private key, or do you need a wallet for one?
  • gs02xzzgs02xzz Member Posts: 10
    edited September 2015
    Buyers did not get the private keys for the pre-sale. Only the json wallets and passwords are the keys to access the coins. If a buyer paid btc but could not download the json wallet, he/she had to try again without making a real payment just for getting a wallet which will have a new address as well.

The below is one email instruction I got from the help desk at Ethereum during the pre-sale.

In order to resolve your issue:

1. Please go onto the sale web site and start to make a purchase by clicking "Buy Ether"
    2. Enter an amount to purchase (it does not matter what amount), email and password.
    3. BE SURE TO SECURELY SAVE AND BACK-UP YOUR PASSWORD.
    4. Download a wallet.
    5. BE SURE TO SECURELY SAVE AND BACK-UP YOUR WALLET.
    6. Stop and leave the sale page. DON NOT SEND any BTC.
    7. Email us the wallet as an attachment from this email address. (Do not email us the password.)

We will assign your ether to the new wallet address and not assign any ether to the old wallet address.
    In a later email, the help desk confirmed that they received the wallet I sent to them and insured me that they would send my coins to it.

It seems that there is no one from Ethereum to respond a legit business request and dispute. This is not good for a market place.
    Post edited by gs02xzz on
  • literarydeviceliterarydevice TorontoMember Posts: 13
    @gs02xzz: We've sent you a message through help-desk to help resolve this issue.
  • gs02xzzgs02xzz Member Posts: 10
    Problem is resolved. Thanks very much!