Ethereumpool.co - Reliable Mining Pool - 0.8% fee!

Comments

• MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    thiensuxi said:

Oh my ghost !What happens with ethereumpool.co ?

Why not payment? B)

I have no idea.

No payments since yesterday.

A tweet that is now 5+ hours old and still no apparent fix to the problem.

A little more communication would go a long way to help ease already justifiably jittery miners after what happened with etherpool.
  • PansyfaustPansyfaust Member Posts: 29
    Sigh, my 4+ ether are just sitting in limbo it seems.
  • ethereumpoolethereumpool Member Posts: 108
    edited September 2015
    Withdraw will be today, sorry i was sick yesterday, couldn't move from bed. Im currently dealing with issue i have mentioned on twitter. No body lose their hashpower or eth. It was splitting issue caused by geth, Json rpc of geth sometimes return higher balance - no idea why...

Im not sure when i will add automatic withdraws, it's too risky, since sometimes when payouts are made, it miss few transactions even if it returns tx hash and now issue with randomly higher balance.
    all withdraws processed, issue has been fully fixed!

I can confirm -- I have received my full payout and am pointing my miners back to ethereumpool.co.

Thank you for being responsive and solving the issue! This is why I think ethereumpool.co is one of the best pools out there -- pool operator responsiveness and the super low latency.
  • mtbitcoinmtbitcoin Member Posts: 40

Got my payout too. Take care and get well soon

• PansyfaustPansyfaust Member Posts: 29
    So all that time sending hashes to the pool while it was down was for nothing? sigh. Got my payout, will send my hashes back to the pool once I feel it will be stable. Thanks for solving the issue and doing the payout.

So all that time sending hashes to the pool while it was down was for nothing?

I don't think so. He said that there was no lost hashing while the stats were not updating, so everything should have been okay.

edited September 2015
    Pool didn't lose any hashes or ethers. It was only issue caused by geth. You can check stats on higher zoom, sometimes randomly geth returns higher balance. And it messed up block splitting. Only new miners in past 24h may lost some earnings. But everybody mining longer than 24h didn't lose any single hash. Now everything is fixed, temporary while splitting, script takes 1k responses from geth to get valid balance. Perm fix soon.
    edited September 2015
    I have tried move pool to cpp ethereum, but eth seems always return that it's not mining ? Im not sure about this, i wont take risks, i will double check this.
    What is funny, eth does not read any custom keystore, i have tried import geth keystore - ignored, then re-import eth keystore to eth - ingored in result of that tries, 102 ether was locked on eth wallet which is not importable ? In result, i have sent 122 etheres from my another wallet back to pool. Everything back to normal.

122-102 = 20 Due 0.5h problems with mining, i have sent 20 ethers more back to pool to compensate any loses due maintenance work on pool. this 20 ethers was split additionally within few mined blocks.

Thanks for keep staying with me and building great stable pool!
    I have successfully migrated pool to eth cpp from geth. It's now much more efficient. Stale rate has been reduced almost to 0. Revenue should be higher up to 15%. I hope other issues caused by geth will be also gone now. I will be checking this.
  • PaulusPaulus Member Posts: 3
    Can I join mining using a mac?
    edited September 2015
    I have installed Geth.

Can someone explain me how to connect to the pool on a mac?

Im in the terminal, and all things are installed correctly.
    edited September 2015
    Im trying to connect:

> ethminer -G -F http://ethereumpool.co/?
    (anonymous): Line 1:16 Unexpected identifier (and 1 more errors)

Making a mistake?
    Paulus said:

Im trying to connect:

> ethminer -G -F http://ethereumpool.co/?
    (anonymous): Line 1:16 Unexpected identifier (and 1 more errors)

Making a mistake?

If that is really your ethminer command line, then you are close, but still wrong.

It should look like this: ethminer -G -F http://ethereumpool.co/?miner=[HASHRATE IN MHASH]@[YOUR ETHEREUM ADDRESS]
    (without brackets)
    Additional improvements with share processing has been made! Everything now is more efficient!
    I have moved pool back to GETH since eth++ after mining few blocks suddenly stopped solving blocks??? I really have no idea what is wrong with ethereum it self, on this stage of development. Pool logging shows that everything was working fine, shares has been submitted.

Now back to geth, mining works fine!
    Statistics - Issue with randomly higher pool balance has been fixed by fetching balance from independent nodes avoiding side chain blocks!
    Im looking forward to hear what can be improved?
    Does daily payments are fine or split to 4x per day ?
  • greggreg Member Posts: 14
    1. Make it possible for miners to set rig names.
    2. Switch to PPS scheme, like oneether.com or dwarfpool have.
    3. May be give C++ eth another chance?
    1. Generally it's possible to set names as integers similar to hashrate for example machine has 20mhash, so it can be 20.1 in case few machines 20.1 , 20.2 , 20.3 - Rig names will be customized and miner will receive valid share difficulty for own power.
    2. PPS is quite risky for pool, i dont think im going to do this, since PPLNS/PROP is really fair
    3.Now i have fixed few things, also found bypass of any bugs from geth(for example invalid balance), everything works great and stable.

Some folks you should just switch back from other big pools with 30-50% net power :) and give a shoot

Best regards guys
    edited September 2015

2. PPS is quite risky for pool, i dont think im going to do this, since PPLNS/PROP is really fair

@ethereumpool What exactly is the difference between PPS and PPLNS/PROP? Do you mind giving a brief explanation so people can understand better? Thanks.

Edit: Here is one explanation I found of PPS vs PPLNS: etcwiki.org/wiki/Bitcoin:_PPLNS_vs_PPS
    edited September 2015

1. Generally it's possible to set names as integers similar to hashrate for example machine has 20mhash, so it can be 20.1 in case few machines 20.1 , 20.2 , 20.3 - Rig names will be customized and miner will receive valid share difficulty for own power.

I know that. But that "integer names" are not convenient. When I see two rigs, for example, "69" and "70", in my head I can't connect those names to real rigs at a glance, I need to remember which is which, and that is bad. We need an option to give rigs ANY desired name, to be able to evaluate our farms' state just from one quick look on the stats. "Integer names" don't help with that, if there are similar rigs with similar speeds.

3.Now i have fixed few things, also found bypass of any bugs from geth(for example invalid balance), everything works great and stable.

But what about that "+15% efficiency when switched to C++" ? :)

OK, let it be, not a big deal. :) BUT! Just tried to give your pool another shot, switched from suprnova. Here are the problems, I was lucky enough to catch them on one screen right one after another: http://prntscr.com/8kjxx4
    1) "Failed to submit hashrate" message. Happens often!
    2) Shares ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT ALL. Even after DAG regeneration several times. Even on different rigs! Cards are running cool, other pools (nanopool, suprnova, dwarfpool) accept my shares perfectly.
    So, I can't use your pool at all, because it is not functional for me right now, and I don't know why.
    Environment info: Win7x64, ethminer 0.9.41, 20 Mbit/s Internet connection (cable), geographically far far from Europe and USA (middle of Russia, middle of Siberia - Krasnoyarsk city).

I like your frontend, your graphs, your transparency and simplicity, but your backend definitely have some problems needed to be solved.
    edited September 2015
    1. I have added optional rig names, i thought it may be useless, But if at least one miner need it, here it is
    ethminer -G -F http://ethereumpool.co/?miner=[HASHRATE IN MHASH]@[ADDRESS]@[OPTIONAL RIG NAME]

Last parm is not necessary, if someone do not need this he can continue mine with
    ethminer -G -F http://ethereumpool.co/?miner=[HASHRATE IN MHASH]@[ADDRESS]

Then all rights will be names as 'rig'
    But what about that "+15% efficiency when switched to C++" ? :)
    Currently after some additional changes pool has 3-5% stale rate, which is quite low. I think c++ version was misleading with 0% stale rate due not implemented functions :)

"ARE NOT ACCEPTED AT ALL" - do you mean you get very high invalid shares? You can check this in you stats page, if possible paste here your mining address so i can check or if you dont want show your address publicly, just email me or pm.

Does submit_hashrate issue and share issue still occur?

Pool has problems within last night (GMT 0), someone was attacking us with DOS - it's fixed now.
    edited September 2015
    Rig names are working, thanks!

And both problems are gone now. Just gone. Must be that DDOS was causing them? Mining working fine at the moment. Welcome my 400 MH to your pool :)

By the way, it looks like even with rig names, we still cannot use same speed, right? I've tried to specify two rigs with same speed but different names - in stats only one of them was showing up at the same time. Waited for about 10 minutes, then stopped one of rigs, changed speed in .bat file, restarted - and now both of them show up.

Also, a question about calculators. Badmofo's for 400 MH/s shows 23.7 eth per day and 711 per month. And yours (on stats page) for my 400 MH/s shows 17.6 per day and 423 per month. It is very large difference... I suppose that is because your calc takes into account difficulty growth? I'm not sure that is a good thing for miners - many people can be scared by that calc, even if your payouts are completely OK. It's psychology, you know. May be place there two columns - "simple (current)" and "including diff growth"?

And one more thing, small one. When I switched over from your pool to others several days ago, my MH in stats somehow became 'frozen' on one level and didn't go to 0 ever. There were no shares from me, no earnings - just a number "166 MH" stuck in place on graphs and in "current speed" field. Weird :)
    Post edited by greg on
    And both problems are gone now. Just gone. Must be that DDOS was causing them? Mining working fine at the moment. Welcome my 400 MH to your pool :)
    Exactly.
    By the way, it looks like even with rig names, we still cannot use same speed, right? I've tried to specify two rigs with same speed but different names - in stats only one of them was showing up at the same time. Waited for about 10 minutes, then stopped one of rigs, changed speed in .bat file, restarted - and now both of them show up.
    Yes, just put xx.1 xx.2 etc. I couldn't change this since many people runs on old parm.
    Also, a question about calculators. Badmofo's for 400 MH/s shows 23.7 eth per day and 711 per month. And yours (on stats page) for my 400 MH/s shows 17.6 per day and 423 per month. It is very large difference... I suppose that is because your calc takes into account difficulty growth? I'm not sure that is a good thing for miners - many people can be scared by that calc, even if your payouts are completely OK. It's psychology, you know. May be place there two columns - "simple (current)" and "including diff growth"?

Yes - including diff grwoth, badmofos calculator will never show valid results, It's very hard to write predictable calculator for ethereum and generally fast block times.

Currently i have reversed general diff growth in calculator, currently it will show revenue based on last 128 blocks

And one more thing, small one. When I switched over from your pool to others several days ago, my MH in stats somehow became 'frozen' on one level and didn't go to 0 ever. There were no shares from me, no earnings - just a number "166 MH" stuck in place on graphs and in "current speed" field. Weird :)
    I guess i was making changes then. If currently everything work fine for you, thats great :)
    @ethereumpool may be change payouts schedule to twice a day? Every 12 hours. I'd like that - more smooth income.
    Since GETH currently works fine with mass payments after issue report i will introduce this soon.
    Payment per 12h when balance higher than 0.5eth
    Pool has been open sourced, feel free to contribute or just start own!
    https://github.com/karek314/Ethereumpool.co---Ethereum-Mining-Pool-Full-Source