Got a few requests for a six GPU physical build

Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
edited August 2015 in Mining

Comments

  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Nt
    Post edited by Marvell9 on
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Keep in mind there are guides already for the software install , from my experience the Ubuntu guide is so much easier than the Windows guide for more than 4 GPU since all you have to do to add new GPU's to an UBUNTU 14.4 + build is add the physical GPUS connect power and PCI-E cables and re-run the Xorg.conf creation and youre done.

    With windows you have to do stuff with modded drivers etc total waste of time imo.

    First thing you need are the GPU's right ?

    I get most of my hardware on NewEgg - I got these ones on sale because they have external lights that show a multitude of statuses without me having to log into the boxes -


    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202137


    2. You need power supplies -
    go with platinum supplies if you are building a dedicated rig. You can go with 2 850watt PSU's or 2 1000watt PSU's
    I prefer 1000 watt PSU's since if i stop mining with GPUs they can be used to power Antminers or more power hungry Scrypt or
    Bitcoin mining hardware and they have a better resale value.
    -Also with the 1000 watt PSUs with six 280x GPUS that's around 230watts x 6 + the 100 watt of the CPU and MB for a total for 1450 or so watts.
    Now with the two joined 1000 watt GPUs you are at 60% load which provides better efficiency than running at near 90% or over 100% load for a platinum GPU.

    combine the PUS's using somethinng like this

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Power-Supply-Adapter-Card-Similar-to-Add2PSU-Multiple-PSU-Connector-/191111432606?hash=item2c7f21099e

    here is a good PSU on sale now:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182353

    3. motherboard CPU/Ram - I use the cheapest as possible so i get this cpu and motherboard -
    any cheap memory is fine 4-8GB is good for one rig, 16gb if you want to run multiple windows per miner (dumb imo)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117374

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138394

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

    4.Disk , i like any cheap SSD 120GB or so -
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0D9-0006-00089

    I tend to buy all the same type of hardware for each rig to make my build process faster.

    5.Frame and housing - You don't need to build some sexy custom case and wood imo is dangerous
    for a GPU build in-case somehow something catches fire , but using good quality PSU's you should never have that problem.

    use this from home depot with zipties to secure the GPUS -

    http://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-3-Shelf-24-in-W-x-14-in-L-x-30-in-H-Storage-Unit-31424PS-YOW/202353582
    zipties

    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-36-in-Heavy-Duty-Tie-Natural-10-Pack-GT-920HD-10/203531934

    -the key is to either use a pizza box or some sort of stand for the motherboard to sit on and suspend the the gpus above them so when you assemble the rack make sure you are leaving a round 5-6 inches above the motherboard.



    here is the final setup



    now with the motherboard placed under the GPUs


    6.
    connect the GPUs to the the board using powered USB risers :


    http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H1.Xusb+riser.TRS0&_nkw=usb+riser&_sacat=0

    look for 50cm or 60cm (8 inch at least on the USB cables) to allow more slack for connecting the GPUs at the far ends of your frame.


    I'll post final results and the photos of all six GPUs and how to read the LED's on that particular GPU.



    Post edited by Marvell9 on
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    both posts are messed up formatting wise and missing links cant fix them right now but i'll update this post and fix the formatting and links once i get to a machine that can actually edit posts here.
  • sjosephsjoseph Member Posts: 30
    This is great... Thanks Marvell9
    What hashrate do you get with this setup ? And what is the average ether are you able to mine if you are okay with sharing the info.
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Each gpu mines at 24.5 or so mh/s so a combined hash rate of 148 mh/s

    For Average ether rates check etherchain.org the 24 mining stats page shows that info but of course its based on the rng and the global hash rate.

    Ill post picures of a full rig this sunday

    ** Edit back on topic hopefully ***
    here are some more pictures



    Threee b

    Gpus running with lights off ( full bank on lights on the saphires means they are mining/running at full power , two green lights indicates they are on standby , one or no lights usually indicates a power issues)
    --------------






    Top view and also a picture of the 3900 reversible fan I use to exhust heat and also supply air when its cooler. The wiring is temporary , I just installed it a few days ago I plan on connecting it to a thermostat
    to allow for automatic operation based on ambient temps.
    ------------------------------------------







    Post edited by Marvell9 on
  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Stop with the misinformation, the rack frame itself is metal there's no reason for further grounding.

    How about you post the details of you magical version of ethminer rather than trying to get people to click you link?

    Spinning fans create static? I thought id heard it all I guess not.

    And I dont oc my cards its better to un them stock at 25 mh than risk damaging them for an extra 1 mh/s
  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Stop with the misinformation, the rack frame itself is metal there's no reason for further grounding.

    How about you post the details of you magical version of ethminer rather than trying to get people to click you link?

    Spinning fans create static? I thought id heard it all I guess not.

    And I dont oc my cards its better to un them stock at 25 mh than risk damaging them for an extra 1 mh/s
    Metal covered in Plastic coating = insulation lol if your wearing nylon socks on carpet have you not given anyone a static shock before ..... just air passing caused static !

    NEVER sit your motherboard on Plastic while its running ! thats a NOOB mistake = fire

    Slight overclock ...lol you do realise all cards with the came GPu runs at different speeds.... so whats the harm in bumming them up to still within specs... lol there is overclocking then there is uneducated overclocking.

    There is no info on the version of ethminer on that website, it clearly mentions above its for hardware, I mentioned it as there is a lot of crap floating about which leads to misinformation and wasting time, its why that website is there, to help people see through the crap online posted by wanna be's who have no technical background.

    Genoil knows what version I am talking about, if you were to actually read the "Cuda Mining " post you will see its version 0.9.4.0

    As for your uneducated attack its not warranted nor welcome, is this forum not for sharing and helping instead of negative uneducated attacks and misleading attacks.

    My comment on your rig was not negative, just pointing out that noobs beware of static and now I see how your running the mother board is a big worry, many many rigs have burnt down !!!

    First seek to understand before .............

    Sharing is caring.......
    Post edited by Ozdigger on
  • risimrisim Member Posts: 1
    here is my 6 gpu setup
    mining about 160 mhs


    using latest amd drivers, with patch for 6 gpus..
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Ozdigger said:

    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Stop with the misinformation, the rack frame itself is metal there's no reason for further grounding.

    How about you post the details of you magical version of ethminer rather than trying to get people to click you link?

    Spinning fans create static? I thought id heard it all I guess not.

    And I dont oc my cards its better to un them stock at 25 mh than risk damaging them for an extra 1 mh/s
    Metal covered in Plastic coating = insulation
    There is no info on the version of ethminer on that website, it clearly mentions above its for hardware !

    Genoil knows what version I am talking about, if you were to actually read the "Cuda Mining " post you will see its version 0.9.4.0

    As for your uneducated attack its not warranted nor welcome, is this forum not for sharing and helping instead of negative uneducated attacks.

    Sharing is caring.......
    These are amd gpus what does cudaminer have to do with anything here , if you wanted to help post a link to the ethminer version and the settings but you're too cool to do that.

    You came onto my post talking nonsense about static fan issues and lack of grounding basically non issues

    And you expect me to let it go?

    This post was provided to help ppl who were interested get started on an easy way to put together a six gpu build nothing more.

    No one is interested in any epeen dick waving contest.

  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Stop with the misinformation, the rack frame itself is metal there's no reason for further grounding.

    How about you post the details of you magical version of ethminer rather than trying to get people to click you link?

    Spinning fans create static? I thought id heard it all I guess not.

    And I dont oc my cards its better to un them stock at 25 mh than risk damaging them for an extra 1 mh/s
    Metal covered in Plastic coating = insulation
    There is no info on the version of ethminer on that website, it clearly mentions above its for hardware !

    Genoil knows what version I am talking about, if you were to actually read the "Cuda Mining " post you will see its version 0.9.4.0

    As for your uneducated attack its not warranted nor welcome, is this forum not for sharing and helping instead of negative uneducated attacks.

    Sharing is caring.......
    These are amd gpus what does cudaminer have to do with anything here , if you wanted to help post a link to the ethminer version and the settings but you're too cool to do that.

    You came onto my post talking nonsense about static fan issues and lack of grounding basically non issues

    And you expect me to let it go?

    This post was provided to help ppl who were interested get started on an easy way to put together a six gpu build nothing more.

    No one is interested in any epeen dick waving contest.


    haha...... your the only one waving..... no wait I cant see if it is your dick due to no magnifying glasses..

    LEARN about static !
    Learn about running a motherboard on plastic
    Learn about metal covered with plastic = insulation
    as for your cuda comment....... off track again........

    You expected me to allow you to bully me with your misleading reply and state I cant let go when you trash talking....

    you must be about 15 years old........ btw your speaking to an electronics engineer......



  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Ozdigger said:

    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Marvell9 said:

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Ozdigger said:

    Hi Guys, for rig building and the do's and donts its all on this site.

    www.miningcryptocurrency.com.au

    Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! not only take if you remove the power cables then the card is not earthed ( protected ) which is fine if your using a static band etc.

    7970/280x 4 with a slight overclock will give you 103mh
    1 card to 3 cards is 26mh.

    There is a version of ethminer that works better.

    be warned that because the local hash rate looks awsome it dont mean its awsome in a pool ! check the pools against local hash rates, ! my 103mh rig actually gets 115 to 150mh constant online !

    Stop with the misinformation, the rack frame itself is metal there's no reason for further grounding.

    How about you post the details of you magical version of ethminer rather than trying to get people to click you link?

    Spinning fans create static? I thought id heard it all I guess not.

    And I dont oc my cards its better to un them stock at 25 mh than risk damaging them for an extra 1 mh/s
    Metal covered in Plastic coating = insulation
    There is no info on the version of ethminer on that website, it clearly mentions above its for hardware !

    Genoil knows what version I am talking about, if you were to actually read the "Cuda Mining " post you will see its version 0.9.4.0

    As for your uneducated attack its not warranted nor welcome, is this forum not for sharing and helping instead of negative uneducated attacks.

    Sharing is caring.......
    These are amd gpus what does cudaminer have to do with anything here , if you wanted to help post a link to the ethminer version and the settings but you're too cool to do that.

    You came onto my post talking nonsense about static fan issues and lack of grounding basically non issues

    And you expect me to let it go?

    This post was provided to help ppl who were interested get started on an easy way to put together a six gpu build nothing more.

    No one is interested in any epeen dick waving contest.


    haha...... your the only one waving..... no wait I cant see if it is your dick due to no magnifying glasses..

    LEARN about static !
    Learn about running a motherboard on plastic
    Learn about metal covered with plastic = insulation
    as for your cuda comment....... off track again........

    You expected me to allow you to bully me with your misleading reply and state I cant let go when you trash talking....

    you must be about 15 years old........ btw your speaking to an electronics engineer......



    Your a god dam idiot, I dont see you complaining about folks running rigs on wood.

    My racks are metal dumbass I'm not going to waste any more Time trying to educate a wana be know it all fake engineer

    No one cares about your fake credentials, I run 4 rigs based on this setup and have been running similar setups for years you chose the wrong thread to derail ...

    I suggest you find something else to do before you get blocked.

    I know your type I see them all the time at work ..overgenieering products to the point where by the time thier done they are too late to market.

    I'm still laughing about your static and grounding concerns, for a metal framed rig connected to two metal power supplies what a hoot
  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    funny....... you made it personal and are still ...... I am only trying to state facts so I cant see why I will be blocked.

    facts are facts and it only takes people to google to get the truth.

    here is some schooling for you as your google dont work.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

    Discuss the facts ( and your world is not the real world) not your view.

    Funny how you take it personal when I only pointed out the risk of static as many Noobs will be reading and following your setup could lead to problems.

    Your so far off its just not funny, hope others are reading this as your destroying any credentials you have, of course you will have to attack again.

    Discuss the details not your perception of how you see it as your so far off centre its not funny, see the link on static and you will be educated and hopefully stop speaking misleading comments, you still dont understand the metal frame your using is plastic coated ! just rubbing a nylon shirt across it will create static ! wood dont have that problem and it has a lot higher flash point than PLASTIC sheeting under a motherboard! all boards should be raised anyway for airflow.

    I guess the Facts ONLINE and not my perception will show the way.




  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    @Ozdigger like I said its funny you post this meaningless garbage about about static ignoring builds that use wooden frames and the such, you're a joke.

    Its a GPU rig genius not some wonderful feat of engineering that requires folks to measure stuff like static pressure CFM etc, you're just trying to confuse the issue brining in items that have no bearing for the average GPU builder. Like I said I know your type. You don't contribute anything really meaningful you just blab and blab and blab and derail.

    You talk about others being newbs like your not the biggest newb here, have you ever even run a GPU farm ?

    My build is the easiest/best/safest build I have seen out there on these forums you have zero credibility because you have not done anything to deserve it except post links to other sites and meaningless articles that have nothing to do with GPU mining builds.

    This is my last response , I have far more important stuff to do like maybe ... run my 1.5 GH gpu farm
    while you play with yourself on these forums.
  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    haha....

    Just ignore the science and physics......short cuts do catch up, maybe not today ...

    Yep you know everything...... when presented with facts you just attack to take the focus off your lack of understanding of basic science, very dangerous.

    Its all in your head as you cant accept I only made a point of view, but you took it as criticism, for that I feel sorry for you.

    Question how to you get 1.5gh farm on 4 rigs??? thats the problem its hard to keep lies up, shows more about who you are let alone why lies.

    Facts are facts and that farm above is a Fire hazard, Plastic under a Motherboard that is highly flammable at low temps and not even anti static ( so two issues)... YOU JUST DONT DO IT.... no discussion... end of story.

    In just a few posts expressing your aggressive attacks you cant even see you have destroyed any credibility you may have....

    If you asked my view on your farm above, yes its a good cheap rig...... except for the fire and static issues, Great....... I have no issue with what your trying to do and I thought I was helping.

    Maybe you should have looked at that web site to see the cheap rigs from different materials, and big warnings on overloading power supplies and static.

    How about we delete the follow on from my first post.... as its only to your undoing, I cant stand misguided details so I will always try to correct them.



    Post edited by Ozdigger on
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @Ozdigger, there is no static issue that wouldn't be there in any other build. Cards are earthed through 'ground' lines on their normal power circuitry as you can easily test with your multimeter showing continuity between GPU brackets. Even though the plastic fins on fans 'may' theoretically build up static, the fact that there is no engineered mitigation on any GPU's to ground fins, tells me that real electronics engineers don't consider it a problem. In fact, you can get a pretty good idea of just how insignificant the problem is by imagining how many fans have been running on the billions of electric devices for these last 50 years or so.....
  • OzdiggerOzdigger Member Posts: 25
    edited August 2015
    @o0ragman0o.

    Thats not the point, he claimed its a metal frame, its actually epoxy coated, all the millions of fans on cards your referring to are earth to metal frames, not swinging in the breeze.

    It was just a "general comment" to watch out for, he just took offense and attacked me, ignored Facts and tells us its fine to sit a motherboard on foam and run it and thats safe !
    then he tells lies 1.5gb farm when only has 3 rigs, big mouthing and attacking me for no reason except to make himself look good.

    As I said above sure you will get away with some things, is it really worth the risk in burning down your house let alone telling everyone its fine to do!

    You can eve see in the above vent fan, exposed AC wires.....



  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    /agrree @o0ragman0o thats what I was trying to get through to him, static pressure from GPU fans is like last thing i would be worried about and he goes on an on basically trying to prove a point that is not even worth debating. Now hes moving on to the case build and foam under the Mother boards etc etc hes just a troll...

    Dont feed the troll , eventually he will go away when no one buys his products , that's what hes really here for trying to sell stuff and promote his own site/agenda.

    You dont know how many rigs i have , i just showed my newer rigs but you have a habit of making things up as you go along i see.

    And in regards to the fan I stated that its not even hooked up yet and was just testing it to make sure it works : its on its own breaker which is off until i have the fan properly installed and secured into the wall.

    @Ozdigger The only person that cares about looking good is you which is evident since you spend so much time bumping this thread . i could care less how "I look"

    Like i said i wont respond to you anymore since you don't know what you are talking about in any case, I was responding to @o0ragman0o

    no


  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    Ozdigger said:

    ...Also the rig shown above that has cards suspended ! that worries me as you have no metal frame contact on the cards, spinning fans create static ! ...

    ... Even though the plastic fins on fans 'may' theoretically build up static, the fact that there is no engineered mitigation on any GPU's to ground fins, tells me that real electronics engineers don't consider it a problem......

    Ozdigger said:

    @o0ragman0o.

    Thats not the point, he claimed its a metal frame, its actually epoxy coated, all the millions of fans on cards your referring to are earth to metal frames, not swinging in the breeze....

    @Ozdigger, you should probably stop flapping, you're blowing your own goal posts away. It would do your life some good to be honest about things you are ignorant of instead of claiming fake engineering credentials. It would mean you can actually identify what need to learn properly.

    Now, how do you suppose static build up on a plastic fan fins gets earthed? It is by definition 'static'. You're talking nonsense. I don't know how much more obvious I can make it for you.

    No GPU, mobo or any electronic circuitry is 'earthed' to a metal case or frame. They are all 'bonded', including the case, and grounded through the power supply, mains cable and ultimately to an earth stake in the ground itself. That is what the 'ground' plane power circuitry is all about.



Sign In or Register to comment.