Building geth on Debian Wheezy (Bananian)

Hi,
at first thank you for your work!

Second: I think I installed all requirements. Finally I wanted to "make geth". But unfortunately it produces the following error:
build/env.sh go install -v -ldflags '-X main.gitCommit fc79d32dd38afca6bca90c3b1cba453783fb6eb2' ./cmd/geth
/usr/local/go/bin/go: 1: /usr/local/go/bin/go: Syntax error: end of file unexpected (expecting ")")
make: *** [geth] Error 2
I can’t figure out what this means. I followed the instructions here and here.

The only thing I could not follow was:

0x676f

You also need to add git to PATH
Thank you!

Comments

• kvbkvb Member Posts: 12
    hi, did you install go 1.4.2 ?

I don't know how you followed the instruction on Installing-Go
    it's written there:
    If you are getting 'error 2' when building Geth or 'expected target' errors, it's because you compiled geth while using Go 1.3.x. Run 'make clean' in the go-ethereum folder then run 'make geth' again to solve the issue.
    I followed the instruction on the section "Other Distros" I just downloaded the go1.4.2.linux-amd64.tar.gz file instead of go1.4.1.linux-amd64.tar.gz

you have to install the 1.4.2 version because on wheezy the go version is 1.3
  • Captain_PlanetCaptain_Planet Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much for your response!

I had 1.4.1 installed. As I use Bananian on a Banana Pi no version of "go" was installed before. Because of you comment I deleted go 1.4.1 and tried 1.4.2 with the same results. "make clean" did help either.

I’ll stop trying on this machine.