Geforce 1070 Windows 10 Anniversary Update Guide?

MadpacketMadpacket Member Posts: 25
Hello Ethereum community.

I'm a regular Radeon Ether miner (running just over 1Gh in total) but recently decided to buy a Gigabyte ITX Geforce 1070 for my HTPC. I understand Geforce cards aren't as straight forward as Radeons to get mining but I'm hoping someone here can list a few steps to get me going? I'm familiar with Claymore (which I use for my RX480's) and mine on Windows 10 mainly for the voltage control flexibility. I'm not allergic to Linux but given this system will be for my HTPC / Steam box I will need to stick with Windows 10.

For the Geforce 1070 all I know so far is you need the Anniversary update and or the newer WDDM 2.1 which I've verified. I downloaded the latest Claymore miner and copied my batch file from my Radeon miners over and ran it. It failed stating something about OpenCL missing (I thought Geforce cards use CUDA?).

Anyways I would really appreciate it if someone could help get me going here. Once I have everything running I will write up a more detailed guide (unless there already is one) and share with others (I did this for the RX480's). Bonus points for settings that allow me to watch HD movies and mine at the same time :)

Thank you!