Understanding the ethereum trie by Ethan Buchman

Comments

• PoseidonPoseidon OLYMPMember Posts: 5
    Hi, Im new and I would like to ask a n00bish question. So basically mining Ethereum is pointless for someone who doesn't program at all? :D
  • GeorgeHallamGeorgeHallam Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 229 admin
    Not at all! Anyone who uses a computer from day to day will be able to interact with it. Feel free to add me on Skype (george_hallam) and have a chat about it if you'd like :)
  • PonziUnitPonziUnit Member Posts: 15
    I could be wrong but it is my belief that Ethereum will turn more people into programmers all without having to actually learn code. Once ethereum learns enough about people as contracts are added to the blockchain and they establish rankings among their peers (contracts as agents with peers) programming may be as simple as typing in a topic then answering yes or no to a series of questions. Simpler than programming the TV remote perhaps. There will always be a need for hard coders whose advanced skill and opinions remain in high demand.
  • GeorgeHallamGeorgeHallam Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 229 admin
    Hopefully somewhere along the line a plain text based smart-contract language (like Cucumber) will pop up.

This would be both incredibly easy to use and make smart contracts accessible to nearly anyone who can read and write - lawyers too! B)