Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) modded BIOS 29+MH + downvolt

Comments

• fredeqfredeq Member Posts: 42
    Jukebox said:

Interesting, someone on claymore thread was

No. V4 uses 1750 strap, vdrop+ uses 1625 strap.

Ah the end of the string differs as well, now I see this.
    So it just comes from the fact that 1750 strap + 2150Mhz is better than 1625 strap + 2080Mhz.

Have you tried 1625 strap + 2150Mhz?
    Thanks for your time :smile:

• JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    fredeq said:

Have you tried 1625 strap + 2150Mhz?

Sure. BSOD is imminent. :)
  • HotmetalHotmetal Member Posts: 13
    Jukebox said:

Hmmm! So which version of your bios should we be using for Zcash mining? v4?

Hotmetal said:

This question is not ivestigated yet. Waiting for stable and not CPU-hungry Windows miner.
  • crazyearnercrazyearner Member Posts: 58
    edited November 2016
    @Jukebox Trying to find what version of bios this is clocks default are 1095/2080 is this v4 of your modded 480 bios as it runs about 75 to 80w
    Uploaded my bios I did make some updates but I have forgotten what one I have flashed can you look at this and tell me if this is your work or another one. Thx in advance.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1NCx1vHOXz3c2tRMnc5cUU1eUU
    Hotmetal said:

Jukebox said:

Been wondering this myself lately.
    Think I will try vdrop+ tonight. V4 gets me around 115 h/s with claymore v5.
  • HotmetalHotmetal Member Posts: 13
    I'm using V4 on my RX480 and getting around 144 sols/s fairly stable. @Jukebox, do your magic.. We need a customized 160 sol/s bios :dizzy:
  • HavaneHavane Member Posts: 12
    With the v4 do you have more or less sol/s than with the stock bios ?
  • 1234xm1234xm Member Posts: 21
    becouse of some problems after i started claymore miner V6. something went wrong with the sofware, so i put bio back from silent mode, updated to crimson 16.9.3 version and start again claymome.
    now it looks ok, but i found out, that with stock bios i had 650h/s (5 cards), with the bios V3 i had 550. But difference was in power consuption, there was almost 300W different (all together).

I found that one guy told, that gpu core clock is also importand in Zcash. So more important then in ETH.

so temporary i am mining with stock setting + i downvolt to -100 mV. Doing around 770 H/s. But i need to downvolt more, becouse power consuption is still big.
    any idea about setiings?

should i just put V4 bios or wait for bios meade for Zcash?

edited November 2016
    Havane said:

Well here are the results with claymore v6
    142 with v4
    152 with stock bios rom.

Don't forget not to stay in silent mode
    Post edited by Havane on
    edited November 2016
    Havane said:

Havane said:

Well here are the results.
    142 with v4
    152 with stock bios rom.

Don't forget not to stay in silent mode
    Hmm so core is more important for zcash than timings, thanks for reporting this, need to switch my rig :smile:

Edit: Actually will have to check the wattage. Its just 10h/s, but the wattage difference can be big.
    Post edited by fredeq on
  • Vishal_MohaanVishal_Mohaan Member Posts: 4
    hi,
    I'm new to mining. I'm trying to download blockchain & use eth miner. I configured geth & got my account key.
    Now do I have to add '0x' to the beginning of this key, next time when I run geth, because my system restart for update quite often.

Your support will be highly appreciated.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Vishal Mohaan
    edited November 2016
    About Zcash.

RX 480 can be clocked up to 1400 MHz on GPU on default voltage (1.15-1.18 Vcore by GPU-Z data) - and make 158-160 h/s with Claymore 6.0.
    But GPU power draw is jumping on 130-170 watt.
    Not worth it at all.

Testing with V4 ROM:
    1150-1175 MHz GPU @ 0.9 Vcore
    2150 MHz Memclk
    ~ 148 H/s

1150-1175 MHz GPU @ 0.9 Vcore
    1100 MHz Memclk
    ~ 120 H/s

So memclock and timings are not very important for Zcash
  • catmandoodomaincatmandoodomain Member Posts: 2
    Is this Hynix or Elpida BIOS?

I have one RX480 performing terribly (15sol/s)whereas the others can do 50sol/s with SA5.
  • catmandoodomaincatmandoodomain Member Posts: 2

@Jukebox resolved me problems. Found out it was conflicting gpu causing it to fk up so split the cards into 2 machines and works perfect now. Also A good note on the bios am hitting 28.7MH on eth but best part not sure how is am only chugging out 75w too so very impressive.

Similar issue here. When I took one of my RX480 home out of my main rig, I found it would only do 15sol/s. WTF. Tweaking PCI-E in BIOS nothing so far.

The main rig is a 2011v3 board and this one is a 2011v1 board. Same card flies in the main miner. Same OS, new install on both. Not sure what's up.

Is this Hynix or Elpida BIOS?

I have one RX480 performing terribly (15sol/s)whereas the others can do 50sol/s with SA5.

No, there is Samsung memory.
    :)
    Just simples questions : when you flash your bios, do you flash both silent and normal bios mode ? Why do every body advice to flash in silent mode ?
    Havane said:

Just simples questions : when you flash your bios, do you flash both silent and normal bios mode ? Why do every body advice to flash in silent mode ?

Not both, just one that set by BIOS jumper.

You can feel free to flash "silent" or "default" - no any technical difference.

But it's better to keep "default" BIOS unmodified - just to have mistake-proof 100% working rom.
    Very useful if you flash somethind wrong to "silent" (alien, badly modified or extremely overtuned/overclocked ROM) - you can boot safely on "default".
    Jukebox said:

Very useful if you flash somethind wrong to "silent" (alien, badly modified or extremely overtuned/overclocked ROM) - you can boot safely on "default".

you can also boot safely on silent, then flash back default ?
    Havane said:

you can also boot safely on silent, then flash back default ?

Sure if you keep it unmodified.
    i have a rig with 5 rx 480 GPUs on ASROCK BTC H81. Is possible ,that i put another GPU on this motherbard and it will work stable? a saw a lot of peopel using 6 gpu per tig, but i saw also, that can be a problem with stability? i ill buy the same GPUs. I am using windos 10 if this is imporant. Linux maybe better?

thx for helping.
    I flashed v4 rom. it takes a little long time, becouse i do mostly from remote.

146 h/s per card , 630w at the wall and 45-48 temp at 50-75% fan with lates CM miner V6.

also one more question. I am on remote, and i will like to ut away LCD. But problem is, when computer restart, it goes to resolution 600*400 (LCD monitor is HD). any infos, how i can make defoult resoluton also w/o connected monitor.
    thx
  • andrewakaandrewaka Member Posts: 3
    hi everyone. yesterday i flashed my rx480 rig to v4 bios. with stock bios each card gives 24-25mhs, but after flashing only 23. i dont tune voltage on gpu, as u reccomended. so the question is: how can i do it on ethos?
    edited November 2016
    1234xm said:

also one more question. I am on remote, and i will like to ut away LCD. But problem is, when computer restart, it goes to resolution 600*400 (LCD monitor is HD). any infos, how i can make defoult resoluton also w/o connected monitor.
    thx

Waiting for HDMI-to-VGA converter from aliexpress to deal with this.
    Will post when receive.

hi everyone. yesterday i flashed my rx480 rig to v4 bios. with stock bios each card gives 24-25mhs, but after flashing only 23

Run miner, run GPU-Z, post GPU-Z sensors tab here.
  • joyrexjoyrex Member Posts: 1
    Jukebox

Is this BIOS valid for Sapphire Radeon RX480 8 Gb to?
    joyrex said:

Jukebox

Is this BIOS valid for Sapphire Radeon RX480 8 Gb to?

Strange question. Exact part number present in name of this topic.
    For nitro not for stock
    one question. temporary i mining zcash with V4 version (flashed few days ago). But i tried to start clayminer, but it show CDM for a second and when it should start, CMD closed. i try with all version of clamore miner. latest 7.3
    With V3 was all good,stable. ok, between then and now is also a new driver, crimson 16.11.3 if this can be the caouse.

any reason why i cannot start clayminer?
    reason is not V4, but it has to be or latest rimson driver or any other softwere, becouse i try on standard bios (stock) and it still did not work. i will dowgrade driver version tommorow and i will see if it will work.
    In polaris bios editor, where do you undervolt the gpu, for exemple to 900mv ?