Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB (11260-01-20G) modded BIOS 29+MH + downvolt

Comments

• crazyearnercrazyearner Member Posts: 58
    edited October 2016
    How to resolve problem showing o on both clocks flashed bios with modded v 4 successful windows shows card and no errors do i need reinstall my amd drivers again ? as when put new card in showing 0 on both clocks in silent mode as instructed to use for flash? Core clocks and mem clocks on gpu on v 4 rom before and after are only going to 390? whats going on here with this card. Advise needed thx.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

How to resolve problem showing o on both clocks flashed bios with modded v 4 successful windows shows card and no errors do i need reinstall my amd drivers again ? as when put new card in showing 0 on both clocks in silent mode as instructed to use for flash? Core clocks and mem clocks on gpu on v 4 rom before and after are only going to 390? whats going on here with this card. Advise needed thx.

If you see that GPU-Z, Sapphire Trixx or MSI AB shows zero clocks - it just means that you connected your monitor not to the card in primary PCI-E slot.
    So just reconnect your monitor and reboot.

Or - maybe your integrated GPU still active. Disable it in BIOS.
    I am on it and connected into first slot on system my 280x works fine detecting. and my mobo does not have intergrated gpu
  • atorrenteatorrente Member Posts: 47
    Jukebox said:

Please dump it with AtiWinFlash, not GPU-Z

here it is. Now it's 512k but is the same

• TEZTOUZTEZTOUZ Member Posts: 14
    @Jukebox

Hope this finds you well, I had originally ordered 12 RX480's and they were all the same regular bios, I recently received 23 more with the new BIOS.

The V4 rom worked flawlessly with the original batch but with the new batch its a mess, i cant get it stable and for some i have to actually pump +50mv for it to somewhat work.
    Here is my mess

ETH - Total Speed: 110.792 Mh/s, Total Shares: 33, Rejected: 0, Time: 00:07
    ETH: GPU0 29.844 Mh/s, GPU1 15.364 Mh/s, GPU2 3.711 Mh/s, GPU3 29.853 Mh/s, GPU4 32.020 Mh/s

GPU 0 fine = 480 card gpu 1 fine 280x card gpu 2 480 fked up on meth. gpu3 fine gpu 4 fine gpu 3 and 4 are 390s

only 1 card i got probs with is one the 480s reporting 3.711mh how to fix.

Been though all driver relations resolved to where is now and also checked and changed cables earths and making sure good ground and no faults.

Hope can resolve. Also noticed indeed @ TEZTOUZ the new sapphire 480s have a newer bios to them I also seen too.

only 1 card i got probs with is one the 480s reporting 3.711mh how to fix.

Test it alone on 1100/2000 clocks.
    TEZTOUZ said:

@Jukebox

Hope this finds you well, I had originally ordered 12 RX480's and they were all the same regular bios, I recently received 23 more with the new BIOS.

The V4 rom worked flawlessly with the original batch but with the new batch its a mess, i cant get it stable and for some i have to actually pump +50mv for it to somewhat work.

Check carefully, maybe we have new card revision here.
    atorrente said:

here it is. Now it's 512k but is the same

Timings, clocks and other settings seems to be the the same.
    So what is causing the problems then. Think can only wait until test them on their own find out if its due to mix of gpus i know the drivers changed from 4 series now so maybe due to this will have find out later.

So what is causing the problems then. Think can only wait until test them on their own find out if its due to mix of gpus i know the drivers changed from 4 series now so maybe due to this will have find out later.

Think that it just bad luck. Another 480's work fine.
  • ShurikenixShurikenix Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016
    Hello.
    I have Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8G, default 1342 MHz / 1150 mV maximum.
    I changed DPM table in PBE at -75mV. After flashing bios, voltage settings was default (stock, not changed). Why?
    The new settings was applied only after pressing Reset button in MSI Afterburner or Trixx.
    Then if I play with voltage in Trixx, card may be crashed. And after rebooting voltage is default (stock) again!! Why?? What should I do to voltage were always the ones that I setup in DPM?
    Post edited by Shurikenix on
  • m00nspeellm00nspeell Member Posts: 11
    @Jukebox i see also you are on Zcash forum. Any best settings for rx480 nitro? I'm using v4 bios with 1100 gpu 2200 memory and i have 190-200 S/s with genoil miner, voltage default. Any tips for improve the hashrate? Thanx again vor v4 bios, 188 Mh/s for 6 gpu on ethreum! Still i will take you to an expensive restaurant when you will came in Bucharest:))
  • fredeqfredeq Member Posts: 42
    @m00nspeell When mining zec try to add `-k zec zec zec` to genoil config
  • m00nspeellm00nspeell Member Posts: 11
    fredeq said:

@m00nspeell When mining zec try to add `-k zec zec zec` to genoil config

Unfortunately this option doesn't work for me. Same hash. I hear claymore work to an miner with 100 S/s for fury x.
    I think he said 390 ;)
    Doesnt matter that much really. Everyone will switch to new miner and your % of the pie will be the same.
    edited November 2016
    @Jukebox resolved me problems. Found out it was conflicting gpu causing it to fk up so split the cards into 2 machines and works perfect now. Also A good note on the bios am hitting 28.7MH on eth but best part not sure how is am only chugging out 75w too so very impressive.
  • lummujajlummujaj Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2016
    sooo with the mod i can hook up 7gpu (480) together with under 800watt total power supply ?
    I'll be offline for a week or two. Need hospitalization. Nothing serious.

edited November 2016
    @Jukebox Hope you getwel soon and hospital no good before Christmas hope recover fast looking forward to your return hope come bearing gifts :expressionless:
  • SvchostSvchost Member Posts: 7
    Hello

I have Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4G Any good room
  • Jon_PitchforkJon_Pitchfork Member Posts: 3
    I am going crazy trying to find a way to do the same or similar mod to a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 OC 4GB.
    I bought some before finding that they don't perform very well out of the box and use a shed load of power.
    Am pointer or help massively appreciated. I am able to use Polaris and AtiFlash if I can determine what to change exactly.
    :)
  • RiderRider JapanMember Posts: 81
    @Jon_Pitchfork I read somewhere that Plaris BIOS Editor can't be used for cards with certain type of mamory (Elpida?). That might be what you have...
    @Rider Yes I have Polaris etc. I have watched a few video's and read any information I have found yet but the most useful seems to relate to the 8GB cards. I read out the rom from my card but unfortunately the elements that people have changed on the 8GB cards don't relate clearly what I'm seeing in the 4GB card.
    My goal is to find the optimum speed V's power consumption for this card but any improvement would be very help as it is much worse than expected 'out of the box'. Cryptocompare does not make this clear.
  • SvchostSvchost Member Posts: 7
    Hello

I have Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 4G Any good room
  • voidwalkervoidwalker Member Posts: 9
    Hello. I tried to flash my sapphire rx 470 4gb cards ( non-nitro) with the 1500 timings tweak. All went well until atiwinflash said fail on one card instead of write sucessful. I removed the drivers so I can boot windows with it (otherwise it would hang), and tried to flash it from the command line.
    C:\Users\sgm\Desktop\atiwinflash>atiflash -f -newbios -p 0 470_4gb_hynix_stock.rom Old SSID: E349 New SSID: E349 Old DeviceID: 67DF New DeviceID: 67DF Old Product Name: D00003 Polaris10 PRO A1 GDDR5 128Mx32 4GB 300e/300m New Product Name: D00003 Polaris10 PRO A1 GDDR5 128Mx32 4GB 300e/300m Old BIOS Version: 015.050.000.000.000000 New BIOS Version: 015.050.000.000.000000 Flash type: GD25Q41B Write fail 80000/80000h bytes programmed 20000/80000h bytes verified Restart System To Complete VBIOS Update. ERROR: 0FL01 C:\Users\sgm\Desktop\atiwinflash>

As you can see it didn't work. Do you think it might be a bad bios chip ? I tried to dump the bios from the card and compare to original, at one poin it cuts off compared to the original bios content, and also has two bytes different in two places.

What else should I try ? The shorting pins on the bios chip method, or try to get another bios chip for it ? Where would I find anything like that ? Thanks
    4 GB cards built on Hynix and Elpida RAM.
    They have different ROM's, not cross-compatible.
    You can modify Hynix ROM's with PBE, but don't do it with Elpida ROM's - you'll brick your card.

Elpida ROM's - only manual HEX editing.
    Jukebox said:

You can modify Hynix ROM's with PBE, but don't do it with Elpida ROM's - you'll brick your card.

Thanks Jukebox, top advice. For anyone else with the SAME card, I solved the problem here- https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/10570/bios-for-sapphire-nitro-rx480-4gb-elpida

Make certain your card is EXACTLY the same before using this though! and always backup your BIOS first and use the second ROM in your card.
  • draxydraxy Member Posts: 6

@Jukebox i see also you are on Zcash forum. Any best settings for rx480 nitro? I'm using v4 bios with 1100 gpu 2200 memory and i have 190-200 S/s with genoil miner, voltage default. Any tips for improve the hashrate? Thanx again vor v4 bios, 188 Mh/s for 6 gpu on ethreum! Still i will take you to an expensive restaurant when you will came in Bucharest:))

With claymore zcash miner I am getting with jukebox's v4 bios around 75 h/s per gpu using 1150 gpu 2150 mem
    edited November 2016
    Jukebox said:

Welcome back, hope you are ok :smile:
    Interesting, someone on claymore thread was claming that he used PBE on elipda rams.

Been waiting to ask two questions.
    1) How is it possible that v4 has greater speed than your vdrop+ bios?
    As far as I can see v4 uses default strap for 2000Mhz and vdrop+ used the one from 1500.

2) Not bios related this one. Is there any difference in getting 4gb vs 8gb of 470?
    Looks like they both operate the same, at least on zcash.
    Interesting, someone on claymore thread was claming that he used PBE on elipda rams.

Some ROMs contain only one clock table, some - up to 3 and even 4. It depends on number of memory vendors used on certain card.

You can edit only one table or all of them. PBE works only with samsung and hynix.
    So that guy possibly edited only sams/hynix table, but elpida table still stay unmodified.

1) How is it possible that v4 has greater speed than your vdrop+ bios?
    As far as I can see v4 uses default strap for 2000Mhz and vdrop+ used the one from 1500.

No. V4 uses 1750 strap, vdrop+ uses 1625 strap.

2) Not bios related this one. Is there any difference in getting 4gb vs 8gb of 470?
    Looks like they both operate the same, at least on zcash.

Do not have any 470, so can't say.