MSI RX 480 8GB. One card is hashing less than the other 4?

ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70
edited September 2016 in Mining
Does anyone have any insight into this issue? I just added two more cards to my 3 card rig and now one of the cards is hashing lower than the other 4. I've tried everything I can think of when troubleshooting the rig. This issue does seem to jump around. One start up gpu 3 was hashing slower, now gpu 1 is the slow one.

I appreciate any ideas.

Thank you.

Edit: Fixed, I changed which riser goes in which slot and for some ethereal reason, it worked.
Post edited by ceddycakes on

Answers

• billcryptokidbillcryptokid Member Posts: 80
    not all mem is equal. Also, Ive noticed that my drivers will do that alot, Some need more power, some need more vddc and VDIN. Also, intensity for that one may be too much for it to handle. Check to see if equal shares are found by it or not. Is this just an issue with the card taht is using a monitor?
  • ceddycakesceddycakes Member Posts: 70

not all mem is equal. Also, Ive noticed that my drivers will do that alot, Some need more power, some need more vddc and VDIN. Also, intensity for that one may be too much for it to handle. Check to see if equal shares are found by it or not. Is this just an issue with the card taht is using a monitor?

How would I be able to adjust the memory, just default the settings in Wattman? (All the cards are at stock settings.) And the card that is currently having the issue is not the card with the monitor.
  • billcryptokidbillcryptokid Member Posts: 80
    look into flashing with atiflash. create some stability.
  • toothalicioustoothalicious Member Posts: 37
    I have this same problem when overclocking my cards... I have 6 rx 480 8gb and when I clock them too high, for some reason 5 of them will be rock solid stable at like 30-31 mh/s but the other one at around 20 mh/s... so dumb.. and it also slowly creeps lower until the mining software says 'GPU[X] failed need to restart miner'