Mining with Ubuntu 16.04 AMDGPU-PRO. Problems with Remote Access

XenoXeno Member Posts: 58
edited August 2016 in Mining
Hello everyone! Hope all is well.

I'm finally getting my rx 400 series rigs up and running, and I'm mostly going well. After some trial and error, I've finally got one GPU mining (before I plug all the rest in). I start to reach problems when I try to access it remotely.

Following my guide I used to get my 370s running with fglrx on 14.04 with a headless setup, I'm currently using Ubuntu Server 16.04 with AMDGPU-PRO and it's not working the same. I can no longer do the important things like 'sudo aticonfig --adapter=all --initial -f' etc. What alternatives do I have? Also, do I still need the export DISPLAY settings?

When I get to the steps to install xorg and run the command 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure x11-common', I'm getting an error:
'update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults' so I imagine xorg is no longer needed/viable.

And also if I choose to ignore that and attempt to run ethminer anyway, I get a segmentation fault.

Running with a screen plugged into the GPU, everything runs fine, miner included.

Thanks for reading :smile:
Post edited by Xeno on