480 vs 470 and ref vs nonref

TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
Now that we've been flashing both cards and getting them optimized, which of the two is recommended? also considering best mhs / power consumption. Also can the nonreference cards be flashed just as easily? (flashing to change the memory timings mainly)

Comments

• un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    Have the same question. Who has what experience with RX 470 cards? For RX 480 Stock is the best way to go.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    un4given said:

Have the same question. Who has what experience with RX 470 cards? For RX 480 Stock is the best way to go.

stock? heliox or boysies modded roms are definitely worth it increasing mhs. 470 works well, I modded my own bios to put the 1500 memory straps at the rest of the higher ones and im getting 28mhs+ with about the same power consumption as 480s, haven't done an exact comparison though
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭

un4given said:

stock? heliox or boysies modded roms are definitely worth it increasing mhs. 470 works well, I modded my own bios to put the 1500 memory straps at the rest of the higher ones and im getting 28mhs+ with about the same power consumption as 480s, haven't done an exact comparison though
    so u r using RX 470 in reference? the one from sapphire. can't decide between stock and XFX Black edition, 15€ difference per card.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    un4given said:

un4given said:

so u r using RX 470 in reference? the one from sapphire. can't decide between stock and XFX Black edition, 15€ difference per card.
    yea my 470 4gbs are reference, however i think the non reference 470s could be just as easily flashed. You don't need someone to make a bios, it is easy for newbs like me to download the Polaris Bios Editor and make a new bios with the changed memory timings (straps from 1500 copied into (1625, 1750, and 2000)