The difficulty growth in the last 5 days was just nuts....

13»

Comments

• mjaaaymjaaay Member Posts: 97
    i'm sure anyone who's entering mining has done their research into POS and difficulty, right?
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Month and a half goes by and network hashrate up by 30%.

2152000MHs added so about ~75000 new RX470/480.

Highly doubt people are buying the older gen GPUs
  • MadpacketMadpacket Member Posts: 25
    Probably a number of new 1060/1070 Geforce cards joining in as well. I feel bad for anyone new to the game who built a dedicated mining rig. Unless you gamble and wait for the price of ether to rise up or get free hydro you're not going to ROI.
  • blackwolfblackwolf EarthMember Posts: 86
    edited October 2016
    adaseb said:

etheremine went up from just over 9000 workers a month ago (30 + days ago) to now 16915 and sometimes over 17000... yet I am still earning the same ETH... I know payout at ethermine is one of the best... but my earnings/hash has not really gone down.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are just fear mongering in an attempt to stop more new miners.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    2 months later..........

45% difficulty gain!

15% price decline!

How in the world did 100,000 GPUs suddenly go online!
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    AMD soon to change name to Advanced Mining Devices. C'mon guys what are you going to do at 120 ?
  • BasementRotBasementRot Member Posts: 17
    blackwolf said:

adaseb said:

etheremine went up from just over 9000 workers a month ago (30 + days ago) to now 16915 and sometimes over 17000... yet I am still earning the same ETH... I know payout at ethermine is one of the best... but my earnings/hash has not really gone down.

I feel like a lot of people in this thread are just fear mongering in an attempt to stop more new miners.
    If your hashrate stayed the same, then your earnings have gone down significantly over that 30 day period.

A lot of people apparently still think its fear mongering but a ~$2800 rig will make you about $200/mo now IF you have really cheap electric prices.

Now it just seems like people jumping on a sinking ship, making it sink even faster.
  • t_ct_c Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2016
    If you pay 18cents US (24cents AUD) a kw, I estimate about 20 days left before mining ether is no longer profitable, might have to look into zcash?
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    Diff at 84. I wonder how much this is gonna last..
  • kristofferjonkristofferjon Sagittarius AMember Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Let's hope that difficulty keeps going down once more Zcash GPU miners are working.