Fundraising

SirAlanSirAlan Member Posts: 7
edited February 2014 in Ether Sale
Hey folks,

Hope i am not asking questions already answered. But say i want to be a backer of ethereum: Where do i apply? Where do i get an eth address? I have checked the home page and the forum and couldn't find any relevant info in sight.

Thanks,
Alan.
Post edited by StephanTual on

Comments

• Dagger75Dagger75 Member Posts: 3
    I too find this to be an interesting project and am also interested in contributing some Bitcoin for the Fundraising.

Please post or PM any relevant Info. Thanks.
  • MarioMario Member Posts: 7
    I personally will be presenting at the Bitcoin conference in Miami on Jan 25-26. Soon after that, on February 1, the fundraiser will begin, at which point anyone will be able to obtain some of the initial pre-allocated ether (Ethereum's internal currency) at a rate of 1000-2000 ether for 1 BTC by going to http://fund.ethereum.org. The fundraiser will run throughout February and March, and early funders will get higher rewards; anyone who sends money in the first seven days will receive the full 2000 ether, then 1980 ether on the 8th day, 1960 on the 9th day, and so forth until the baseline rate of 1000 ether per BTC is retained for the last three days of the fundraiser.
    blog.ethereum.org/?p=53/ethereum-now-going-public
  • SirAlanSirAlan Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys, so when can we buy some Eth? In 5 hours or so?
  • CosmicVCosmicV Member Posts: 1
    I'm waiting on the same information... the fund.ethereum.org doesn't work. The blog isn't responding either!
  • ddink7ddink7 Member Posts: 49
    The IPO has been delayed.
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    moved to -> investment
  • diaobanxiandiaobanxian Member Posts: 16
    @Ursium
    where is investment ? could you give me the link?
  • diaobanxiandiaobanxian Member Posts: 16
  • HammerHammer Member Posts: 20
    - We will structure the event so that there is no need to 'rush'. <--- so no more early investors incentives ? damn !
    @Hammer there will still be incentives of course, just that we'll make sure everyone has plenty of time to get access to them (by making the 2x period last 7 days for example)
  • HammerHammer Member Posts: 20
    yeah i liked the 2x thing, hope it stays !
  • Dagger75Dagger75 Member Posts: 3
    Looking forward to getting in on the 2X period myself. =)
  • myethereummyethereum Member Posts: 2
    how can we invest. what's the bitcoin address? how does the ipo works.
  • RickMarroRickMarro Member Posts: 7
    Please give me the best explanation you can for Ether and how you reconcile the Paper Boy Paradox:

A paper boy in 2009 could conceivably have heard of BTC and taken 50% of his weekly pay to purchase BTC. So lets say the paper boy made $80 per week for delivering news papers and bought $40 each week worth of BTC @ a price of $0.40 per BTC, he would be acquiring 100 BTC per week. At the end of 2009, let's assume the paper boy has possession of 5,000 BTC. Then he gets hit by a bus while delivering his papers. IF he is dead the BTC is out of circulation forever, hence worthless. Let's assume he survives, but in a comma until November 2013, he wakes up and logs into his BTC wallet to find that his 5,000 BTC are "worth" $5,000,000 US Dollars in purchasing power.
    In 5 years his purchasing power goes from $2,000 to $5,000,000 how does one justify this paper boys purchasing power, relative to his contribution to society ? ? This makes no sense at all, he has brought no value to humanity, society, or the BTC community, yet because of the hype while in his comma - his 50 weeks of news paper delivering has afforded him the purchasing power of $5,000,000 ? ? How does one reconcile that with, the doctor who studied for 12 years and saved the life of the paper boy and has monitored him through his comma ?? Over the same period of time the doctor amasses a purchasing power of $500,000 from practicing medicine for those 5 years and helping people all along the way. How can one justify this ??

If the doctor wished to purchase the paper boys bitcoins in November 2013, he would need $5,000,000 to do so? ? The doctor would need to perform $5,000,000 worth of service to society to purchase the same bitcoins that the paper boy acquired with $2,000 worth of service to society.

In closing BTC won't be the digital currency adopted by the world, because it transfers all the wealth from the people who get on board late Directly to the people who got in early, for nothing more than having got in early.

_____end of Paper Boy Paradox_____

It seems Ether is modeled on the same premise as BTC - - I would love to hear your thoughts
  • mpolaviejampolavieja Member Posts: 20
    RickMarro, there is no paradox at all. The reason of the paperboy reward is taking risk. If there were no early adopters we wouldn´t be talking about BTC today.
  • CoinerCoiner Member Posts: 17
    @RickMarro: if you've see the Margin Call: the boss there says that there are 2 ways of making money: being fast, being smart, or cheating. The paper box was fast.
  • SirAlanSirAlan Member Posts: 7
    Any news guys? When will we be able to buy some eth?