[UPDATE]RX480 (Reference) Custom rom: 31+Mh

1111213141517»

Comments

• fojmanfojman Member Posts: 5
    hi guys,
    could you pls share moded bios for xfx rx480 8gb.
  • PanamaxPanamax Member Posts: 8
    +1 i have a XFX RX480 8GB reference card that only mines 21mhs right now... The Memory is Samsung Looking for a working Bios, too
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited March 2017
    Ok guys I'm all for helping new people, but for fucks sake the answer to your questions is in this very thread.

Reference ROMs work on all reference cards. If you have a custom variant like nitro, gtr, msi something, then each card will have it's own ROM. Also, there are a few modding tutorials with everything you need to know to make your own ROM with your voltages and frequencies. Generally modding the bios takes 2 minutes, finding the optimum values will be harder.
    thank you for your reply... and i may can understand you're anger for noob questions...

Having that said, i have tried the last days my best in order to find the way by myself with out bothering anybody...

I have downloaded the 30mhs low power bios tried to flash it on the card and received an error, further i have tried to copy the same settings from the here provided bios into the polaris editor, edited my own bios and reinstalled it with the result that windows boots without loading the drivers.

in the polaris editor i can see that the bios provided here has been for a 4gb card, so i have guessed that this may be the reason why i couldn't flash the bios - plug and play - onto my graphics card.

that has been the reason why i have asked for a 8gb version...

i hope you could understand now a little bit better my position, and maybe you can even help me or guide me to the right solution...

Thank you and have a Wonderfull day :)
  • wonderfullifewonderfullife Member Posts: 103
    edited March 2017
    What driver version are you using? Crimson Relive doesn't work with moded bioses. There's a workaround, but it's just easier to install driver 16.9/11 which allows for moded bioses.

Also, there are a few modding tutorials with everything you need to know to make your own ROM with your voltages and frequencies.

So, as far as i understood modding is - change timing(copy from lower freq to
    higher ones) and downfrequncing GPU rate(and GPU core voltage). Then using any tool applicablle for changing voltage/freq tunning card for higher sol/mhs/etc. under OS...?
    Is my suggestion correct?

i have created a new thread in order to keep is simple... please be invited to have a look over here:
    https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/11625/rx480-reference-8gb-custom-bios-optimization-help/p1?new=1
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    For everyone interested in these kind of things.

Also check out this post.

What this thread here is about, are the simple basics of copy pasting straps.

We have advanced to creating our own timings now.

This is obviously something we do not hand out for free, i have however shared a few basic mods over here.

I still offer custom jobs for anyone who is interested in lowering their power and raising their hash.

As of now, all of my customers have been very satisfied with the results, can check my trust settings here (also click Show ratings under untrusted feedback).

Just send me a pm for more info ;)

Greetings!
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

This is obviously something we do not hand out for free, i have however shared a few basic mods over here.

I still offer custom jobs for anyone who is interested in lowering their power and raising their hash.

As of now, all of my customers have been very satisfied with the results, can check my trust settings here (also click Show ratings under untrusted feedback).

Greetings!

what is the max MH u can get in sapphire nitro 480 8gb samsung mems ?
    how much for the bios modifications ?
    thanks
    edited March 2017
    +1, XFX 480 8GB(Samsung mem), after copiing 1750 to 2000 i've got around 29.5 in solo, but i didnt touch voltage.
    Afterburned just alows to decrese TDP but couldnt get hashes up :neutral:

Heliox said:

Greetings!

what is the max MH u can get in sapphire nitro 480 8gb samsung mems ?
    how much for the bios modifications ?
    thanks
    I'm at 31+Mh, here's the good part, clocks -> 1150 / 2150 :wink:

So a veyr low power usage for sure!

For prices, send me a pm.
  • DutchmultiDutchmulti Member Posts: 6
    After the weekend i gonne use this spec to run it on Ethos.
  • bwickstrombwickstrom Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

When I open my bios in Polaris Bios Editor, under timing I am not getting the same numbers as described in the examples. For example the first line is 26916491. Therefore I do not know which line to copy and past for the modification. I have (6) XFX RX480 8GB Black Edition cards. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

When I open my bios in Polaris Bios Editor, under timing I am not getting the same numbers as described in the examples. For example the first line is 26916491. Therefore I do not know which line to copy and past for the modification. I have (6) XFX RX480 8GB Black Edition cards. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Try this one: https://github.com/datspike/PolarisBiosEditor/blob/master/PolarisBiosEditor.exe
  • karlrobertskarlroberts Member Posts: 8
    Hi can someone help me out i have 6 X asus ROG STRIX RX480 8Gb OC cards and need a custom bios for them. i'll pay someone to edit my original bios. not bother about power consumption. looking for about 29Mhz to 30Mhz Thanks in advance.
  • traderbynitetraderbynite Member Posts: 6

After the weekend i gonne use this spec to run it on Ethos.

did it work for you
  • sirchacalsirchacal Member Posts: 2

Ok guys I'm all for helping new people, but for fucks sake the answer to your questions is in this very thread.

Reference ROMs work on all reference cards. If you have a custom variant like nitro, gtr, msi something, then each card will have it's own ROM. Also, there are a few modding tutorials with everything you need to know to make your own ROM with your voltages and frequencies. Generally modding the bios takes 2 minutes, finding the optimum values will be harder.

pm me i have reference xfx 480 8gb ones , for some reason power consumption its around 140w i have made several bios mod , drivers change , never had a problem with windows 10