[UPDATE]RX480 (Reference) Custom rom: 31+Mh

Comments

• gailogailo Member Posts: 4
    For All goodnight , please help , I 've tried as much as possible in order to flash the bios MODD for my card , but to date, nothing works I 've done during the past week , but to no avail , I ask your help so that I can flash my card , please ..
    This my computer spec :
    Procie . intel core 2 duo 1300
    Mobo . gigabyte
    4 gb ram
    windows. 7 64 bit ultimate
    Card : rx 480 8gb .

is there anything you please help me, I'll give out awards , thanks

Sorry..
  • gailogailo Member Posts: 4
    for all goodnight , please help , I 've tried as much as possible in order to flash the bios MODD for my card , but to date, nothing works I 've done during the past week , but to no avail , I ask your help so that I can flash my card , please ..
    This my computer spec :
    Procie . intel core 2 duo 1300
    Mobo . gigabyte
    4 gb ram
    windows. 7 64 bit ultimate
    Card : rx 480 8gb .

is there anything you please help me, I'll give out awards , thanks

Sorry..
  • nhandonhando Member Posts: 82
    edited September 2016
    Bricked my cards Modding bad ROM. This forum is so damn awesome with people giving great tips to bring it back to life! Whew!
    Post edited by nhando on
  • billcryptokidbillcryptokid Member Posts: 80
    It wasn't a bad rom, it was error in flashing.
  • megax05megax05 Member Posts: 28
    I'v done every step right flashing my reference rx 480 with this 30MH bios but what i get is 25MH while i get the 29MH with the low Energy 29MH bios.

i am using this Rig for casual Gaming and I run rx 480s is there a way to get like 28MH dual mining sia+eth without the need of a modded bios? if so then good if not I can still play with my console.
  • jdetjdet Member Posts: 16
    Anyone successfully flashed RX480 rom under linux?
  • CynicaLimeCynicaLime UKMember Posts: 4
    edited September 2016
    Hi all
    Will the @boysie rom for XFX RX480 ref or heliox's low power reference rom work on this card?

Link: XFX radeon rx480 xxx

I'm asking because it looks very similar to the core/reference models but im unsure whether it will work
  • mpunishermpunisher Member Posts: 19

Hi all
    Will the @boysie rom for XFX RX480 ref or heliox's low power reference rom work on this card?

Link: XFX radeon rx480 xxx

I'm asking because it looks very similar to the core/reference models but im unsure whether it will work

yes it work in all ref cards
  • mitice123mitice123 Member Posts: 41
    So pals i have RX 480 ASUS reference ofc, :D and i am wondering at the moment which is thr best option to flash and at what wattage are ur latest tests?
  • mitice123mitice123 Member Posts: 41
    zorvalth said:

Why dont you just use boyse low power one: https://vgy.me/IPmook.png

70W gpuz, 100-105 on the wall 29mh. 60% fans(2350rpm), 64-65c temp

zorvalth give link of this bios, (inache kazano dai link :D)
  • comeollascomeollas Member Posts: 9
    I tryed 30Mhs version in 480 nitro plus 8GB but i have problems for make it work.

I need to put another GPU (i put one 5850) for start windows and nothing works i tried disable signatures and a lot of things i see in this post.

In device manager i see the RX 480 without exclamation but nothing, claymore and radeon software don't recognize cards.

Anyone used 480 nitro plus 8gb in windows 7 64b?
  • HotmetalHotmetal Member Posts: 13
    comeollas said:

I tryed 30Mhs version in 480 nitro plus 8GB but i have problems for make it work.

I need to put another GPU (i put one 5850) for start windows and nothing works i tried disable signatures and a lot of things i see in this post.

In device manager i see the RX 480 without exclamation but nothing, claymore and radeon software don't recognize cards.

Anyone used 480 nitro plus 8gb in windows 7 64b?

I've been having endless headaches trying to get any custom rom working on my Sapphire RX480 8GB OC cards.. Nothing I try works :/
  • HotmetalHotmetal Member Posts: 13
    Hotmetal said:

I've been having endless headaches trying to get any custom rom working on my Sapphire RX480 8GB OC cards.. Nothing I try works :/

To be more specific.. I flash the new VBIOS, reboot and because the ATI drivers don't like the new bios i get a nice black screen while windows is loading
  • SmbdFrmSmwhrSmbdFrmSmwhr Member Posts: 22
    Hotmetal said:

To be more specific.. I flash the new VBIOS, reboot and because the ATI drivers don't like the new bios i get a nice black screen while windows is loading

Did you manage to find a solution? I'm facing the same problem with one of my HIS Radeon RX 480 GPU. I can't start Win10 if the card with non-original BIOS is in the rig (only safe mode).
  • bpvarsitybpvarsity Member Posts: 92
    edited November 2016
    Heliox said:

Ok guys, posted this over at bitcointalk.

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1584617.0

The download links seem to be broken. I have a xfx 480 8gb and would like to try your ROM. Can you post a new link please.

If any has any links to some roms I'd appreciate it. I can't get about 27 with my tweaks.

Thanks
  • jenia1jenia1 Member Posts: 18
    after some more testing it seems that when the sappgire ref cards get too hot the MH/s drops from around 31.5 or 30 (depends on card) to around 27-22MH/s and keeps on throttelling and jumping all around the place.

since now its winter here in germany, this isnt such a big problem for me, but i plan to take the rig with me to a much hotter country in the summer and im afraid this will be far from ideal setup.

also im currently using some XFX rx 480 8gb RS, where i just copied a memory strap. they seem to run stable at 28mh/s even when the sapphire cards start to throttle. so i believe they will be the right choise for me for the long run. also im about to get one sapphire NITRO+ 480 8gb card and try to flash and OC it like some guy on youtube did to get like 30.5 MH/s.

question is, any of you guys are living in hot climate regions or simply run your rig in a hot poorly ventilated place? i would be interested to know what you think about the optimal setup for such places Roll Eyes
  • rnahlawirnahlawi Member Posts: 6
    Hi,
    I was mining normal with 4x Sapphire RX480 Nitro+ (8gb) and PSU 850. I decided to upgrade to latest AMD driver (Crimson Relive 16.12.1) and things went crazy!
    The new driver cannot detect cards with moded bios, I couldnt go back to old driver! ? I figured to switch back to gaming mode, and cards got detected :)
    Running the Miner on default bios (or gaming mode) crashes the rig due to high power usage than my PSU could handle (GPU clock is 1300)!
    I got mixed up between posts here trying to find a fix. Would someone be kind to post a fresh start guide for installing AMD drivers and posting a stable mod for bios for those cards?
  • tmobile911tmobile911 Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2016
    hi all, can i power up 2 gigabytes rx480 with 1x 600w psu? and can anyone help with custom rom foe ellesmere rx480 please.
    Post edited by tmobile911 on
  • prodigy2006prodigy2006 Member Posts: 15
    @rnahlawi use amdcleanup utility from amd website or ddu to properly clean after uninstalling drivers on windows then install older drivers. switch back to modded bios and mine.

@ManabeThulani you should be able to run if your your psu is a better quality one, preferably with at least 80+ bronze certified.
  • tmobile911tmobile911 Member Posts: 4
    @prodigy2006 thanks a lot, is there anyone who can help me with cutom ROM for gigabyte (Ellesmere) rx 480 -8gb.
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    i have got 31.8 ~ 32 MH for 1330 core 2265 mem but after 2 hours always Hangs and need to reboot
  • prodigy2006prodigy2006 Member Posts: 15
    yeah, your way overclocked...
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    @midoprince that's some extreme memory overclock. Probably need to bring it down for stability.

Edit: post #2000. Woot. I can retire now.
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    work said:

@midoprince that's some extreme memory overclock. Probably need to bring it down for stability.

Edit: post #2000. Woot. I can retire now.

i got sapphire nitro rx 480 8gb comes overclocked to 1342 core by default
    tried V2 bios on it but it only get 29.5 MH speed and unstable
    can u help in this to get 31 mh ?
    original bios on attach
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Heliox said:

Ok guys, posted this over at bitcointalk.

Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1584617.0

Open for discussions in here though :tongue:

Short overview:

Results.

First run (no mod): 24Mh+ : Core clock 1275, Mem Clock 2000
    https://s10.postimg.org/4rbj8v2m1/Stock_Test_Run.png

Second run (modded): 28Mh : Same clocks, so: 1275, 2000
    https://s9.postimg.org/byc2sahgf/mem_Edit_Testrun1.png

Next run (still modded): 30.5 - 31Mh : Lowered core to 1192 and raised memory to the (for now) max of 2250.
    https://s9.postimg.org/4azgwfo27/mem_Edit_Testrun_Final.png

Then, for my final(for now) run: 31.5-32Mh : Raised core to 1220 and raised memory to 2275
    https://s10.postimg.org/vqo4i0m2x/mem_Edit_Testrun_Final2.png

Will be doing more tests later, i'm sure i'll be able to go over 32Mh.
    Great thing about this, when i ran the first testrun with stock clocks, card was at around 60 degrees and no abnormal fan speed.

Overall, awesome card Smiley

Power usage tests will follow later when i'm done tweaking my rom to the sweet spot Smiley

Greetings!

Is there a way to put these roms on ethos?
  • toothalicioustoothalicious Member Posts: 37
    I'm not sure how long I should continuously mine before I consider everything stable? I'm new to mining and literally just built a 5 gpu MSI rx 480 rig tonight and flashed all their ROMs... they're workin great and temps are all hovering around 80 degrees celsius, however I'm noticing a lot artifacts show up on the screen and not sure what that could mean? Theyre all humming nicely and mining at a nice consistent hashrate though and have been for about 1.5 hours
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    what settings/clocks are being used for the low power one? It only goes up to 15 mh/s for me?
  • BusDeathBusDeath Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2017
    I'm using the RX480Mod.rom on 4 gpu's (28 mh/s). It works for the first time very well (24h). But after this time I have system freezes all few hours.

Does exists a mod-version without undervolting?

I'm using a ASRock Z270 with the following bios settings:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz71Pt83Tc5wUDh6UEJTTHFZYTQ/view?usp=drivesdk
  • tvktvk Member Posts: 3
    hello

will it work with a MSI 480 8Gb ?$

thx
  • brian_elizondobrian_elizondo Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone

Very interesting this article on RX 480, but I have some questions that I would like to help me respond.

I have two Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480 4GB (Elpida) card that I would like to update the ROM so that they can mine faster in ethereum. Which file do you recommend that I should download to update the ROM of my cards?

They are installed on a Win10 system with AMD Crimson 16.9.2 driver, for me this is the best version to mine.

Thank you all for all the help you can give me!