Quick Start Guide To Mine Ethereum

Comments

• DjithBitDjithBit Member Posts: 40

Please i need help, i need AMD rx 470 , it is not available

Dont know where you are located .. in france it is en stock..

http://www.materiel.net/carte-graphique/sapphire-radeon-rx-470-4-go-uefi-oem-144367.html
  • mikeomikeo Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    tanoosh said:

where to find a current ethminer for win10, gtx1070 rig?

I'm totally new as well, and gotten as far as starting the miner, which failed because of parms on the given list as provided by pool site (ethermine.org):

ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eu1.ethermine.org:4444 -FS us1.ethermine.org:4444 -O .

the unacceptable parm was "-FS". removing it was also unacceptable. removing the fallover site was also unacceptable. Removing the offending parms one by one, let the miner run to it's next point of failure - database link failure.

the miner I download was genoil's 0.9.41 - 1.0.5
    every other miner I've found is rejected FORCEFULLY by Norton, and indeed I see posts articulating caution about the safety of dl's on genoils list. I've removed the Mining folder from norton's scan list, but feel a need for a friendly pointer to safe, working miner.

I pray if this is the WRONG place to post this question, please direct me to the RIGHT place to post the question.

Claymore v9.7 works well for me on nanopool.
  • ckailianckailian Member Posts: 28
    I'm with Zotac GTX 1060 with only 18mh/s after oc. Any suggestion to further improves it?
  • benetherbenether Member Posts: 20
    ckailian said:

I'm with Zotac GTX 1060 with only 18mh/s after oc. Any suggestion to further improves it?

Hi, I just post an howto for efficient mining with win10 / nvidia GPU

I've got 21 Mhs with my GTX 970, i think you can have more with your 1060.
  • zonozono Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Any1 running rig with multiple GPUs on old lga775 boards?

Every time I plug riser into pcie x16 slot, the system won't start.
    What could be the reason for that?
    when pluged only pcie x1 works normal.
    I tried changing video setting in bios (onboard, pcie...)
  • Kr3udr0Kr3udr0 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2017
    Greetings fellow forumites! I'm quite new to the mining rig business, but after a couple of months of research, i've decided to build my own rig, and to buy a couple of GPUs. The thing is, not really being that tech savy, i don't exactly know the main differences between these GPUs so i was wondering if someone could help. Which one of the following is better in terms of MH/s and consumption ratio?

Radeon RX 480 Dual 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Dual OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Armor OC 2xHDMI 2xDP 4GB
    Radeon RX 480 Red Dragon HDMI 3xDP 4GB

And if it's a wise decision or not to buy 4 of the same type. Or should i buy 1 of each?

Also, is it possible for DDR5 GPUs to work on a DDR4 motherboard?
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited August 2017
    Kr3udr0 said:

Greetings fellow forumites! I'm quite new to the mining rig business, but after a couple of months of research, i've decided to build my own rig, and to buy a couple of GPUs. The thing is, not really being that tech savy, i don't exactly know the main differences between these GPUs so i was wondering if someone could help. Which one of the following is better in terms of MH/s and consumption ratio?

And if it's a wise decision or not to buy 4 of the same type. Or should i buy 1 of each?

Are you flying solo in this business? Or you have a partner that has advanced knowledge in PC building and configuration?

Reason i'm asking is that mining isn't exactly something you jump in if you have couple hundred grand to spend on a business - and doing research is exactly a good thing. Mining requires very advanced computer hardware knowledge and debugging, as buying parts and putting them up is the easy part, the config and troubleshooting that comes after is the one that'll kill you.

But to answer your question, those four cards aren't so different exactly, just comes from different AIB partners of AMD and could only differ by a few hundred Mhz in core clocks.

Also, using DDR5 GPUs doesn't correlate with using a DDR4 mobo as graphics card will work as long as they're plugged in to the correct PCIe port. It would care less if you're using a DDR3 or DDR4 ram.
  • amkoamko Member Posts: 17
    Hi,
    I am mining with claymore.

Is there any command which will reconnect and continue mining after an internet break?
    Maybe the router goes off or something.. is it possible to let it continie mining?

After power loss its easier.. AC on power loss and. bat in autostart = done...

Thanks!
  • BikuyBikuy Member Posts: 36

Kr3udr0 said:

Are you flying solo in this business? Or you have a partner that has advanced knowledge in PC building and configuration?

Reason i'm asking is that mining isn't exactly something you jump in if you have couple hundred grand to spend on a business - and doing research is exactly a good thing. Mining requires very advanced computer hardware knowledge and debugging, as buying parts and putting them up is the easy part, the config and troubleshooting that comes after is the one that'll kill you.

But to answer your question, those four cards aren't so different exactly, just comes from different AIB partners of AMD and could only differ by a few hundred Mhz in core clocks.

Also, using DDR5 GPUs doesn't correlate with using a DDR4 mobo as graphics card will work as long as they're plugged in to the correct PCIe port. It would care less if you're using a DDR3 or DDR4 ram.
    Really, really well explained. You have to really treat this stuff as a business venture and not just a hobby. It requires advanced computer knowledge and also lots of risk assessment and finance knowledge!
  • erstwealerstweal MidwestMember Posts: 122 ✭✭
    amko said:

Hi,
    I am mining with claymore.

Is there any command which will reconnect and continue mining after an internet break?
    Maybe the router goes off or something.. is it possible to let it continie mining?

After power loss its easier.. AC on power loss and. bat in autostart = done...

Thanks!

This is a great question, and I hope you get an answer. Even more interesting to me would be how to stop mining in the case of an internet break. I wouldn't want to expend all the electricity if my internet went out for some length of time and mining effort was being wasted. I'm thinking that both solutions would be similar.
  • PandaMiner_PandaMiner_ Member Posts: 1
    If you want to start mining now, buy PandaMiner to save people from all the troublesome procedures to buy separate part , deploy and maintain mining hardware.
  • TahityTahity Member Posts: 3
    the most easiest way to start mining not only for ethereum but for any other coins is using https://perfectmine.io
  • sammy_richrichsammy_richrich Member Posts: 2
    so i haven't read anything about genesismining in the comments, anyone have thoughts about it? should i mine using this service or look into the ones already mentioned in this thread?
  • Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
    @sammy_richrich cloud mining is terrible. No where near as profitable as mining yourself and actually 99% of them are out right fraudulent ponzi schemes (worst case with no mining ops at all) or best case a fractional reserve ponzi (where they sell more hash than they actually have). Not to mention how clueless Genesis is selling 2 year Ethereum mining contracts when mining will be done by then as its moved to staking.
  • LucyGLucyG Member Posts: 12
    There was a quick start guide here before but i cannot find it anymore it had a link to hw comparison site too :/
  • vahidmoezvahidmoez Member Posts: 3
    Dear all
    first i sorry for my bad English.
    I'm new in mining
    I have a place the cost of power is 0.0075$ kw/h
    My beginning rig is :

M.B: Biostar TB250-BTC PRO
    CPU: Intel Pentium G4400 3.3
    RAM: 8GB GSkill 2400
    H.D.D: ADATA Premier SP550 SSD 120
    PSU: Green GP1200B-OC-Plus x2pcs
    GPU: RX 580 4gb or 8gb x12pcs

ETH+DCR or ETH+LBC or ..... please help me in this option
    i don't have any plan for pool and exchanging my coin.
    i want change my ETH and other coin (DCR-SIA-LBC) to Bitcoin , where can i do that safely ?
  • Dan_NolaDan_Nola Member Posts: 12
    can you guys help with bios file for powercolor rx580, i cant get 31mh/s on my rig. thanks
  • cjclm7cjclm7 Member Posts: 77
    not realy... is very shallow text...
  • ZachxolanZachxolan Member Posts: 1
    Please my miner after loading for a while says no AMD or NVIDIA GPU detected and my AMD card is already connected!
  • themigeothemigeo Member Posts: 3
    Here is another Beginner's Guide for Ethereum Mining which might help you!
    https://www.tokens24.com/cryptopedia/ethereum-mining-basics/
  • LucyGLucyG Member Posts: 12

hi all

hope everyone had a lovely xmas :)

im hoping for some advice please if someone has some spare time

I am getting 350 (350.000)hashes per second per gpu but i dont know how to work out how much mega hashes that is?? in total i am getting about 1700 hashes per second for all gpus together.
    as everyone here talks in mega hashes not hashes like im getting
    in the mining pool i am getting about 2000 sols for my miner but it goes up sometimes to

I really confused can't seem to figure this out

• GrooveGroove Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Hello there. New miner here, Groove.

ATM I'm with Asus Z270-P, 4GB 2133Mhz, G3930 and 2 x Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8GB Special Edition.

I'm driving this with stock settings and got 21,2MH/s with around 130W power consumption. Running Win10 Pro.

Got some questions now:
    - Stable BIOS/settings to go with, let's say about 29MH/s.
    - I'm waiting Sapphire RX580 Pulse 4GB, 4 pieces to arrive in a week. Question is, there will be any conflict with RX580 8GB N+, or?
    - Also one more, if I combine Sapphire RX470 N+ 8GB, 2xRX580 N+ 8GB and 3xRX580 Pulse 4GB, will be any problems or?

Edit: I forgot to mention, I got Micron BIOS.

Thanks, Groove.
    Post edited by Groove on
  • moh1366moh1366 Member Posts: 2
    what is the best coin to min with gpu
  • moh1366moh1366 Member Posts: 2
    which graphic card has the best performance/price for mining
  • ivanmarivanmar Member Posts: 8
    Guys, better go for setup when you can mine whatever, not only ethereum. Just like someone suggested above - install Perfectmine and in 10 minutes you are gonna be mining.
  • jamesrayjamesray Member Posts: 1
    @agent412, please edit this post to say that buying a mining rig is unlikely to be economical, since you may not get a return on your investment before proof-of-stake is implemented.

Additionally, with Ethminer, you can apparently just download it, extract it and run it.
  • Thor1400Thor1400 somewhere over the rainbowMember Posts: 1
    Why does the Nicehash GUI miner not support the ethash algorithm and btw why does the Memory manufacturer affect mining performance? I've heard that it depends on latency and that's why the GDDR5X memory on the 1080 isn't ideal but I get about 23MH/s with my 1080 (Micron) and my brothers 1060 (Hynix) gets only about 22MH/s when using Claymore's dual miner on Windows 10 with the following OC for both cards:
    boost clock +100MHz
    memory clock +950MHz
    power target at 65%

and some people report a bit higher hashrates of at least 24MH/s...
  • EthergrabEthergrab Member Posts: 15
    Thor1400 said:

Why does the Nicehash GUI miner not support the ethash algorithm and btw why does the Memory manufacturer affect mining performance? I've heard that it depends on latency and that's why the GDDR5X memory on the 1080 isn't ideal but I get about 23MH/s with my 1080 (Micron) and my brothers 1060 (Hynix) gets only about 22MH/s when using Claymore's dual miner on Windows 10 with the following OC for both cards:
    boost clock +100MHz
    memory clock +950MHz
    power target at 65%

and some people report a bit higher hashrates of at least 24MH/s...

Someone correct me if i am wrong but in Nicehash Dagger-Hashimoto = Ethash algo.

EtherGrab.us
  • maxshah912maxshah912 Member Posts: 15
    Got question
    How many memory error are acceptable error per hour on HWiNFO64. I am getting approximately 25 error hour is that okay ?
    My hash rate on cards drop after hour but my effective hash on pool is above my current hash.

Also we’re can I find custom moded bios for few different model of RX 580 includes memory speed and power so I don’t have to OC using afterburner. Or Wattman. My pc freezes so hard to open those stuff.