Radeon rx 470 hashrate

12346»

Comments

• manotrollmanotroll Member Posts: 21
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    rx 470 4gb ref OC and rx 470 4gb Nitro have been discussed over and over in some of these threads. Do your homework. It pays. they are reporting 27 to 28 mh/s
  • nisanisa Member Posts: 8
    27-28 ? How much power consumtion @wall ?
  • Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited September 2016
    27.5Mh [email protected] with ~90% eff PSU (~75W in GPU-Z)
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    some people suggest to do the search, but I found so many roms and opinions that it is difficult to make a decision, so my question would be only to those who did mods of sapphire 4gb Nitro RX 470 and sapphire 8gb Nitro RX 470.

the question is: would the simple procedure of copying 1500 straps for 1625, 1750 and all the way to 2000 work on these cards on not? If yes, please post and if not, then what works as far as straps are concerned. i don't want to change voltage in rom since I can do it in trixx later.

Thanks.

The procedure that I mentioned ^^^ seems to work on sapphire RX 470 4gb OC (platinum) and MSI 4gb 470 as far as I know, based on youtube video by imineblocks and comments to it.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    Biodom said:

some people suggest to do the search, but I found so many roms and opinions that it is difficult to make a decision, so my question would be only to those who did mods of sapphire 4gb Nitro RX 470 and sapphire 8gb Nitro RX 470.

the question is: would the simple procedure of copying 1500 straps for 1625, 1750 and all the way to 2000 work on these cards on not? If yes, please post and if not, then what works as far as straps are concerned. i don't want to change voltage in rom since I can do it in trixx later.

Thanks.

The procedure that I mentioned ^^^ seems to work on sapphire RX 470 4gb OC (platinum) and MSI 4gb 470 as far as I know, based on youtube video by imineblocks and comments to it.

Yes I copied the 1500 strap and pasted it to 1625, 1750, and 2000

What voltages and mem clocks are you guys using for ref 4gbs btw? Some of mine are stable at 850mv but some seem to need 875mv (and this is 1060-1080 core clock).

For mem clock some seem stable at 2000 but some need to be less it seems like 1950
  • h311m4nh311m4n Member Posts: 30
    Biodom said:

Thanks.

For Sapphire 8Gb, simply copy/pasting the 1750 strap to 2000 already yields a few mega-hashes from the test I did some time ago. Then it's all about fine tuning really...
  • MMKMMK Member Posts: 20
    For Sapphire 8Gb, copy/pasting the 1750 strap to 2000 gives me best results. I let it run now overnight and post results if it is stable tomorrow.
  • guntisvitolinsguntisvitolins Member Posts: 24
    This is what happens when you BIOS Flash your MSI RX 470 4gb graphic cards... 168mh/s
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    thanks for the video ^^^.
    168 mh/s for a rig with six MSI Rx 470 is very good.
    My question is: how stable is this setup?
    Does it spontaneously restart or stable for multiple days?
    Second, Do you use typical molex to sata connectors or some other?
    You probably have approx 144W/card.
  • AggressionsAggressions United StatesMember Posts: 11
    So I just tried two cards sapphire nitro+ rx470 oc 8g and it's currently givene 20.5 mh/s stock configuration on ethos
  • hvalentinohvalentino Member Posts: 105
    edited November 2016
    mitice123 said:

I can help u flash, whats ur Skype?

Please help me... I mod the bios on my RX470 with polaris and backup my original ROM with GPUZ and now I can't get back to my original ROM and I did it with all 5 of them, and now when I boot from ETHOS it says Invalid PCI ROM header signature: expected 0xaa55, got 0xffff and when I tried with windows miner is always crashed... please help me guys!

this is my card btw SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 470 100407-4GOCL 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP
  • Ehab_wahbaEhab_wahba Member Posts: 47

So I just tried two cards sapphire nitro+ rx470 oc 8g and it's currently givene 20.5 mh/s stock configuration on ethos

This is my exact situation now

Was u able to rise it to 25 each ??
  • artvandelayartvandelay Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting about ~27Mh/s at 1019core/2000mem wattage is high at 350watts system and 125watt per card. I've tried different timings with mixed results at almost 30 Mh/s at my high end. The Sapphire Nitro (not plus) RX470 4GB Samsung memory in EthOS.

Anyone have suggestions on lowering the power usage in Linux? I'm trying to balance speed with power and I've seen much lower wattage from Windows users.

• mujuujmujuuj Member Posts: 2
    Hello guys,

for Sapphire nitro+ 470 4gb
    temp 77c, fan~60%

is it normal?
  • gazchegazche Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2017
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭

I'm getting about ~27Mh/s at 1019core/2000mem wattage is high at 350watts system and 125watt per card. I've tried different timings with mixed results at almost 30 Mh/s at my high end. The Sapphire Nitro (not plus) RX470 4GB Samsung memory in EthOS.

Anyone have suggestions on lowering the power usage in Linux? I'm trying to balance speed with power and I've seen much lower wattage from Windows users.

with windows were using a program that lets us set the voltage offset after we start the miner called watt tool
    its not stable if the miner stops mining for the most part, unless u set the offsets back to 0 or close to it
    but as long as its mining its solid
    essentially dropping the volts that much isnt enough for DAG gen or some startup procedure with certain miners
    when im mining solo claymores miner will kill some rigs with the devfee
  • StrugusStrugus Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys,
    I just got a 470 4gb Red Dragon Single Fan with samsung ram
    Played around with 1375/1500/1625 straps
    Dual Mining ETH/DCR my best results were with 1625 straps 28,2/700 with temps at 70° and fans at 60%
    Do you think I can get a little more with other straps? Clock rates were pretty much maxed with 1100/2000 @850mv
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    I can NEVER understand why people set fans so LOWWWWW.... Really, think about it! Whats cheaper to replace a fan or GPU? Set it higher guys, there is such thing as heat throttle ( I've helped so many people out and that was issue )
  • Flight87Flight87 Member Posts: 4
    jstefanop said:

...Mem is rated at 1650 on these so max will be around 23.

How do you calculate that? I want to know how core clock, mem clock, memory size etc are related to the hashrate. And does the mainboard has anything to do with hashrate/s? Does a rx 480 give same mh/s on intel PDC and core i7?