I WILL NOT MINE ON ANY POOLS THAT HOST ETC MINING.

MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
Pool operators are well within their rights to host whatever mining they see fit. I get it -- it's their pool(s) and their rules.

However, they should also understand that it's my hashrate and I am not willing to support that.

I feel that by supporting a pool that hosts ETC mining, I am indirectly supporting the ETC ecosystem, which is not something I want to do for a variety of reasons.

Thus, I will not mine on any pool that hosts ETC mining.

I just wanted my stance on the matter to be on the record.

Comments

• retherrether Member Posts: 258 ✭✭
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    bitcanuck said:

If you don't want to indirectly support anything unethical, you'll probably have to live off the land in a remote rural area disconnected from the rest of society.
    For example have you ever bought Hanes underwear, or bought clothes at Wal-Mart or JC Penney. If so, you've indirectly supported child labor.
    http://www.law.harvard.edu/programs/lwp/NLC_childlabor.html

Hey! You again. :) Thanks for taking this out in the weeds and somewhere it didn't need to go.

Anyway...

The point is, we ALL have a say in this and we all have options. That's just the way these things work. If enough people vote with their hashrate, then pool operators will have to make a choice one way or the other.

As of right now, the only pool that I know of that isn't trying to make a quick buck off of ETC is Dwarfpool.

Yes, I know they are large. But pick your poison. In this case I'd rather support DP than ETC and that's my prerogative.

For people who have a preference for one chain over the other, they need to realize that by supporting pools that support both chains, they are indirectly supporting the other (non-desired) chain.
    @G416G You could start by growing up. How about that? How about turning off the selective hearing and stop trying put words in my mouth by making things up and stop making wild accusations? Probably too much to ask from someone like you, right?

I never said people who sell as they mine are scum. I said there a some miners who are BTC supporters that don't care at all about Ethereum and instantly dump their mined ETH for BTC. And I never said they were scum, either.

Feel free to educate me on this supposed software engineering 'lingo' you speak of. This ought to be good. I'll be waiting.

In fact, why don't you take your trash talk elsewhere? This is a thread that I started specifically about not support pools that are supporting ETC. If you have a problem with that, I'm not interested in hearing about it.
  • wirelessnet2wirelessnet2 Member Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    k. no one gives a shit

k. no one gives a shit

I'm pretty sure they do, actually. Of course the ETC supporters will be in here crying. Please save it for elsewhere though -- as nobody cares about your crying, either.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    MrYukonC said:

k. no one gives a shit

I'm pretty sure they do, actually. Of course the ETC supporters will be in here crying. Please save it for elsewhere though -- as nobody cares about your crying, either.
    @MrYukonC I feel like it's time to take a break from the forum. Too many trolls and shit throwers. @G416G being one of them. Don't get involved.
    bbcoin said:

MrYukonC said:

k. no one gives a shit

@MrYukonC I feel like it's time to take a break from the forum. Too many trolls and shit throwers. @G416G being one of them. Don't get involved.
    Thanks for the heads up @bbcoin !

I could smell it (the troll stench) from a mile away. Pretty sure I've already blocked him and his threatening attitude elsewhere, as well.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    I, for one, appreciate a clearly taken position by @MrYukonC .
    He is not telling you what to do.
    As VB said: he is not ostracizing ETC, but will work only on ETH.
    If you want to work on ETC, fine.
    I am also 100% mining ETH and that's it.
    @G416G

Whatever brah -- don't care. I won't be talked down to by trolls.

kthxby
  • mjaaaymjaaay Member Posts: 97
    I'm going where the money is, and until ETC is less profitable than ETH, I'll be staying with ETC.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    @MrYukonC I respect your opinions and appreciate your videos. You stated that Dwarfpool is the only one NOT supporting ETC? Really? I currently use Ethpool.org and I don't see any reference to ETC on their front page. I tried Dwarfpool briefly until @work told be that they don't pay as fairly as most other pools so now I'm wondering where to point my hash power.

You probably realize, right, that it's likely that most miners are just doing it for profit and don't really make many ethical considerations? So far I'm just holding my ETH to see where this whole thing goes. I'm interested in what it will be worth in the future of course but I'm also interested in what interesting uses it can be put to.

I hope the whole ETC distraction is over with soon
  • rawmeenrawmeen Member Posts: 79
    @MrYukonC I too watch your videos and really enjoy and appreciate them. However, I kinda like that everyone has a choice and could buy, mine or support whichever coin they wish. I don't support ETC but I don't believe it's my place to say if others (including pools) should or should not support it. I'd feel a lot better supporting ETH without trying to sabotage or punish those who wish to support ETC.
  • bbcoinbbcoin Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    newmz said:

@MrYukonC I respect your opinions and appreciate your videos. You stated that Dwarfpool is the only one NOT supporting ETC? Really? I currently use Ethpool.org and I don't see any reference to ETC on their front page. I tried Dwarfpool briefly until @work told be that they don't pay as fairly as most other pools so now I'm wondering where to point my hash power.

You probably realize, right, that it's likely that most miners are just doing it for profit and don't really make many ethical considerations? So far I'm just holding my ETH to see where this whole thing goes. I'm interested in what it will be worth in the future of course but I'm also interested in what interesting uses it can be put to.

I hope the whole ETC distraction is over with soon

Ethpool and ethermine belong to @dr_pra and just opened doors for ETC.
    newmz said:

@MrYukonC I respect your opinions and appreciate your videos. You stated that Dwarfpool is the only one NOT supporting ETC? Really?

I did NOT say that. I said AS FAR AS I KNOW, Dwarfpool is the only LARGER pool currently not supporting ETC. Please actually listen guys if you're going to provide feedback...thanks.

Thanks to @work pointing it out, I am moving over to Alpereum -- they are a 0% fee ETH-only pool.
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    MrYukonC said:

newmz said:

@MrYukonC I respect your opinions and appreciate your videos. You stated that Dwarfpool is the only one NOT supporting ETC? Really?

Alpereum -- they are a 0% fee ETH-only pool.
    thx for pointing it out. seems to be a very good pool. gonna switch today from ethermine
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174
    @MrYukonC do you sell on exchanges which hosts etc?
    zorvalth said:

@MrYukonC do you sell on exchanges which hosts etc?

No, I do not. GDAX does not have anything to do with ETC. Thanks. ;)
  • XereoXereo Member Posts: 55
    i'm with you MrYukonC.. Keep up the videos
  • DividesByZeroDividesByZero Member Posts: 58
    edited August 2016
    @MrYukonC I liked all the extra ETH I was mining while people dinking around on ETC. People are jump the ETC ship today and are back on ETH. Network hashrate went up very quickly.
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    Just moved my 1Ghs from ethpool over to AlpEreum...can't wait till the dump happens with ETC so this chapter can finally be closed.
    I'm waiting for my next block payout from Ethpool.org and then I will try Alpereum too. Maybe @MrYukonC should be getting a commision from Alpereum for all this business! ;)
    Just got my block payout from ethpool.org and switched over to alpereum.
    Hey @MrYukonC have you let the pool you left know why you did? And have you told Alpereum why you moved to them? I did. I also noticed in their stats that Alpereum have had a big spike in hashrate over the last few days, I wonder how much of it is due to this issue?
    @thesmokingman
    Great to hear! Thanks for supporting this!

@newmz
    I haven't bothered to tell the old pool why I left, but I think he's probably heard the noise by now. :)

I haven't yet told Alpereum why I joined, but will shoot them a message today letting them know.

And yeah, I noticed that their overall hashrate has increased by ~50% - 60% over the past few days. :)

Keep up the good work guys and let all of your miner friends know as well. Thanks!
    edited August 2016
    @MrYukonC - I guess I got in at an interesting time for Alpereum. Their hashrate and miners figures seem to have gone way up but it's been 9 hours when I last checked since they got a block! I guess it's all down to luck and it can be bad luck sometimes but I would have thought that all that extra hashpower would mean more blocks more quickly. I hope it isn't because their infrastructure couldn't cope with the upsurge.

UPDATE: they just got a block! woohoo!. My payout was pretty tiny.
    Post edited by newmz on
    newmz said:

@MrYukonC - I guess I got in at an interesting time for Alpereum. Their hashrate and miners figures seem to have gone way up but it's been 9 hours when I last checked since they got a block! I guess it's all down to luck and it can be bad luck sometimes but I would have thought that all that extra hashpower would mean more blocks more quickly. I hope it isn't because their infrastructure couldn't cope with the upsurge.

I noticed the same -- I'm about to send them a message asking what's up. 10+ hrs @ 15 GH/s with no block seems like maybe something is wrong.
    @MrYukonC I sent them a message just after I wrote that post, and I sent other unrelated messages earlier today but got no response. I hope they haven't burst into flames from all the extra hash power they have ;)
    newmz said:

@MrYukonC I sent them a message just after I wrote that post, and I sent other unrelated messages earlier today but got no response. I hope they haven't burst into flames from all the extra hash power they have ;)

I sent them one too write after I replied to you on here. Oh, and they just mined a block. :)
    newmz said:

https://www.alpereum.ch is up over 15+ GH/s again today and has mined a number of blocks since this morning. I've already received 7 payments since this morning.

Anyone looking to support ETH-only pools should come join us over there!
  • Dragonez2012Dragonez2012 Member Posts: 6
    I tried alpereum over last night but after having all my rigs pointed to it for over 8 hours and no payout I couldn't really justify keeping them there. Ill give it another go later today.