RX 470 mining

Comments

• urayuray indonesiaMember Posts: 37
    Yogi said:

@uray can you post your ROM file please ?

here the share link

I shall not be held responsible for any explosion caused by your GPU after using this BIOS, use the file ended with 29MH

• Lokken86Lokken86 Member Posts: 28
    edited August 2016
    EpicNod said:

Zorg33 said:

Someone told me that the memctrl and gpu voltages are connected in a way, that the Vcore is not allowed to go below Vmemctrl. And I tried and it seems true...
    That is new for me, hope it helps some others too.
    You have to decrease both in order to do a proper undervoltage.

Looks like that is true, because when I set Vcore on 800mV and mem on 850mV , GPU-Z reports vcore of 850mV~
    gonna test it now.

BTW something fucked up with the Radeon settings...
    I was mining on undervolted settings for 12Hrs straight. stable and beautiful 126Mh/s @ 120W per card. then I closed the miner to undervolt it little bit more and my pc BSOD'd as soon as I clicked on th radeon setting icon :|
    Happens all the time. Seems like an issue with Radeon settings rather than overclock stability. Its even happened at stock for me.
  • EpicNodEpicNod Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2016
    @uray , do you have there stock settings (frequencies) but improved mem timings? would that improve performance w/o raising memory freq.?
    can I just edit my own bios with your timings?
    I understand the risks of modding bios, that's why I dont want to go higher than the basic settings
  • StreetlightStreetlight Member Posts: 23
    uray said:

Yogi said:

here the share link

I shall not be held responsible for any explosion caused by your GPU after using this BIOS, use the file ended with 29MH

any lower settings? ie 2225mem?

One card letting the system down out of 6. however get the same on a 2 rig system(one letting me down)
    EpicNod said:

@uray , do you have there stock settings (frequencies) but improved mem timings? would that improve performance w/o raising memory freq.?
    can I just edit my own bios with your timings?
    I understand the risks of modding bios, that's why I dont want to go higher than the basic settings

you can just get your stock rom from GPU, open with polaris bios editor and copy 1750mhz timing into your 2000mhz timing and leave rest of the parameters

uray said:

Yogi said:

here the share link

any lower settings? ie 2225mem?

One card letting the system down out of 6. however get the same on a 2 rig system(one letting me down)
    use ...29MH-LowerPower.rom it use 2225

*note : all my bios settings are intended to run on linux (which current driver has bug for causing gpu to stuck at lowest clock) so my bios are forcing it, it doesn't have core/mem stepping, the lowest clock are same or almost same to the max clock
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    @uray very much appreicated! Thanks :)
  • marvykkiomarvykkio Member Posts: 18
    this Rom is good for Win 10 anniversary?
  • Blue1984Blue1984 Member Posts: 45
    edited August 2016
    @uray

Thx 4 the ROM !!

i have tested the
    Sapphire-RX470-8G-113-1E3470U.S4X-ETHMining-29MH-LowerPower
    -> 24 - 30 MHS / 225 Watt

My Card: SAPPHIRE NITRO RADEON RX 470 8G

i think this on is better:

27.6 mhs / 195 Watt Stabil
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46174172/Screenshots/Test21.JPG

lg Martin
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    so what exact changes are you guys making ? I have some 4GB nitros, 8GB and 4GB 470 Msi OC cards are I would like to mod them with the Polaris bios editor, or do we have good biose out there for these cards ?

I also have some reference 470s
    uray said:

Yogi said:

here the share link

Could this rom work on an XFX or 4GB Nitro ?

• LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @Marvell9 You will need BIOSes specific to those cards, or to edit yourself.
    All of the 4GB 470s I've seen are using Hynix memory instead of the Samsung used on the 8GB 480.
    This means a different set of timings, performance quirks, OC capabilities, etc...

PCB shots from reviews show the MSI 8GB 470 using Micron memory, which makes it somewhat unique thus far
    (Sapphire 8GB 470 seem to use Samsung)
    I've pushed my 4GB ASUS 470 (Hynix) up to ~26 mh and the same timings should work on any Hynix-equipped 4GB 470.
    Just stability testing currently, will post an example once I'm sure it's solid.

@uray would you mind editing your post with the link so it lists the precise model and VRAM size for that BIOS?

@Marvell9 You will need BIOSes specific to those cards, or to edit yourself.
    All of the 4GB 470s I've seen are using Hynix memory instead of the Samsung used on the 8GB 480.
    This means a different set of timings, performance quirks, OC capabilities, etc...

PCB shots from reviews show the MSI 8GB 470 using Micron memory, which makes it somewhat unique thus far
    (Sapphire 8GB 470 seem to use Samsung)
    I've pushed my 4GB ASUS 470 (Hynix) up to ~26 mh and the same timings should work on any Hynix-equipped 4GB 470.
    Just stability testing currently, will post an example once I'm sure it's solid.

@uray would you mind editing your post with the link so it lists the precise model and VRAM size for that BIOS?

I have one Asus and a few XFX cards how do you check the ram type again in gpu Z
    @Marvell9 yeah it should list in GPU-Z, if not it's visible when examining a BIOS dump using Polaris BIOS editor.

ASUS and Powercolor 4GB are definitely Hynix. MSI 4GB seems to be as well, mine have not arrived yet to confirm.
  • miner69erminer69er Member Posts: 1

If you need a tester I'm willing to try it out when your ready. I have 5 Asus 470 O4G's and the 6th is pre-ordered from amazon. The asic quality from gpuz 79.80%, 81.50%, 88.70%, 90.30%, and 93.90%, I'm not sure if that matters for what your tweaking.
  • YogiYogi Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    getting some 4gb and 8gb nitros in today guys.
    will post some test results once I've had a chance to get them set-up and running.
  • Lokken86Lokken86 Member Posts: 28
    Is it easy to copy the 1750 timings to 2000? Any guides?
  • quake96321quake96321 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2016
    Any got a driver to recomend for sapphire 470 8GB??
    Have tried 3 diferent versions. They all seems to suck.

my bios file name are using exact model of GPU down to original bios naming from vendor

Sapphire-RX470-8G-113-1E3470U.S4X-ETHMining-29MH-LowerPower.rom

for

Sapphire Radeon RX470 8GB Model 113-1E347U.S4X

what kind of precise model do you need?

@Marvell9 yeah it should list in GPU-Z, if not it's visible when examining a BIOS dump using Polaris BIOS editor.

ASUS and Powercolor 4GB are definitely Hynix. MSI 4GB seems to be as well, mine have not arrived yet to confirm.

MSI 4GB and seem to use micron , i need to check the 8 GB
    @uray That's perfect. I did not realize your filenames contained that detail, I just wanted to make sure people didn't confuse it with the 4GBs.

@Marvell9 Fascinating, what kind of stock & OC hashrates are you seeing off the Micron 4GB and 8GB?
    It's possible there are multiple variants of MSI 470 with diff memory (their early PCB shots used Hynix)

@uray That's perfect. I did not realize your filenames contained that detail, I just wanted to make sure people didn't confuse it with the 4GBs.

@Marvell9 Fascinating, what kind of stock & OC hashrates are you seeing off the Micron 4GB and 8GB?
    It's possible there are multiple variants of MSI 470 with diff memory (their early PCB shots used Hynix)

the 8GB cards i need to verify if they are micron hash at 23.5 mhs stock and 379 sia
    the 4GB units are 21 mhs cant get them higer

OC though wattman does nothing but make these cards unstable which is pretty much the story with all 470s which is why the 470s are in dire need of roms even more than 480s

• HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Marvell9 said:

Same thing, got the same card but 8GB version.

Running at 26.5Mh consuming 70 watt (this time measured it with an Amp Clamp, so no direct reading from GPU-Z. :wink:
  • Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    finally my Sapphire 470 4GB ref...

That is not even the top of it, but somewhere close.
    I know, voltages are not fine tuned yet. I should be able to push it back down to around 80-85W (GPU-Z)

I did not touch anything except memory timings :smiley:
    Zorg33 said:

finally my Sapphire 470 4GB ref...

That is not even the top of it, but somewhere close.
    I know, voltages are not fine tuned yet. I should be able to push it back down to around 80-85W (GPU-Z)

I did not touch anything except memory timings :smiley:

wow looks very nice, if the 4GB 470 sapphire can do 29 the 480 saphires should be closer to 35 when properly tuned I bet. Let us know when you have the voltages figured out. I have a few 470 sapphire ref and a few nitros as well all 4GB.

It might not be even worth it to buy 480s anymore unless they can get tuned up past 30 mhs
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    the only question left to ask, how stable is it. In the screenshots. they have not run passed 5 mins. Also the temp are steadily going up. The fans are not adjusted?
  • kpskps Member Posts: 23
    Does that sapphire card comes in with samsung memory ?
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Heliox said:

Marvell9 said:

Same thing, got the same card but 8GB version.

Running at 26.5Mh consuming 70 watt (this time measured it with an Amp Clamp, so no direct reading from GPU-Z. :wink:
    How much of the power goes thru the PCIe slot? Can you check with your current clamp?

• Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Calivet said:

the only question left to ask, how stable is it. In the screenshots. they have not run passed 5 mins. Also the temp are steadily going up. The fans are not adjusted?

It has been stable for an hour and I shut it down for further adjustments. (No invalid shares)
    I could bring down wattage to around 81W in GPU-Z while maintaining that 28.7Mh/s.

But the sweetspot is around 28.2 Mh where it has been running stable through the whole night at 2025/1100 925/925mV. While GPU-Z showing around 75W.

I set target temp to 70C now, and it is easily maintained @1600rpm (quiet)

One more thing: before sleep I updated Claymore from 6.2 to 6.3 and it shows about 1% slower hashrate for all 4xx cards :(
    28.2->28 mh

update:

Post edited by Zorg33 on
  • CalivetCalivet Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    @Zorg33 Great Work! Very Nice!
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    @Zorg33 stock Sapphire with stock BIOS? how can this be true? ;) did u try dual mining?