RX 470 mining

Comments

• masaki1988masaki1988 Member Posts: 13
    s3000s said:

hello..what gpu clock and mv

memery clock and mv

in best ?

best gpu clock memery clock and mv on 470 4g ??

please telle .thankyou

As i know is +1100 core clock and +2000 mem clock/
  • cvekscveks Member Posts: 62

Update:

Turns out Microcenter had listed the 3 PowerColor Red Dragon RX 470's incorrectly. When I went to the store to pick them up, they were Red Devils! So I got 3 Red Devil RX 470's for $189.99 each!!! What a deal (with current availability).

Here's a Screenshot of what my current rig is doing:

That's two MSI Gaming X 470's and three Red Devils. All Mem clocks 1500 and up set to 1500 Strap.

One thing that I have noticed that will effect EVERYONE who is bios modding: ASIC Quality is important - When modding a bios in PolarisBiosEditor, if in the GPU Section you leave voltage (mV) at stock values ie. 65288, volts will scale dynamically based on your asic. If you actually set them with an mV value: ie. 950, it will remain static at that voltage when in the corresponding power state / clock.

Why is this important? If you flash a bunch of cards with a bios that has 950mV set for the max clock, you may get some nasty instability/crashes if some of your cards have low asics.

You should dial in your cards by setting the strap in the edited bios, but leave mV values in the GPU section stock for testing. Take note of where each cards voltages are under load, then hard code/tune as necessary.

One of my cards has an asic of 68.... pretty bad. It needs a boost to keep up with the others.

which bios version you use on MSI RX 470 Gaming X cards?

I assume your MSI RX 470 pulls 28 mh/s ?
  • KoodyKoody Member Posts: 53
    RX 470 Sapphire Nitro+ OC 8gb (GPU 1 and GPU 2)
    ETH = 29.2 Mh/s
    DCR = 409 Mh/s

• luthorluthor Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Koody said:

ETH = 29.2 Mh/s
    DCR = 409 Mh/s

I guess you used the 1500 strap for the 8Gb nitro?
  • disodiumdisodium Member Posts: 31
    edited September 2016
    On Sapphire 470 Nitro 4Gb I copied 1500 straps up and that yielded 25Mh/s. Now when I start pushing up memory clock in WattTool it has zero effect, no further boost. On Powercolor 470 4Gb cards overclocking RAM gets me around 27-28Mh/s. Why my Sapphires do not respond to memory overclocking? I'm sure something like that has been covered, just can't find it.
    Post edited by disodium on
    luthor said:

Koody said:

ETH = 29.2 Mh/s
    DCR = 409 Mh/s

I guess you used the 1500 strap for the 8Gb nitro?
    @luthor @m2itz

Yes, here is my bios for RX 470 Sapphire Nitro+ OC 8GB, my ASIC quality is 84% and 85%, if you have cards with bad asic quality maybe have to work with 1100 Mhz and Mem 1950 Mhz (i use afterburner to set this) and you will get something like that = 28.0mh/s - 28.7mh/s.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    disodium said:

On Sapphire 470 Nitro 4Gb I copied 1500 straps up and that yielded 25Mh/s. Now when I start pushing up memory clock in WattTool it has zero effect, no further boost. On Powercolor 470 4Gb cards overclocking RAM gets me around 27-28Mh/s. Why my Sapphires do not respond to memory overclocking? I'm sure something like that has been covered, just can't find it.

I've read that people are having issues increasing mhs by increasing the mem clock with some 470s, specifically after using the 1500 mem strap bios mod

I think there is a 470 nitro thread but idk if its just for 4gb or 8gb.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    Question regarding flashing Sapphire Nitro cards:

There is a BIOS switch , which is in OC position by default (to the right).
    When flashing, do i need to flash with bios in first position (silent) or OC (to the right). Can someone outline the exact way to do it?
    Later steps are clearer, but my understanding is that I need to save my rom with atiflash, not gpu-z. Right?
    Biodom said:

Question regarding flashing Sapphire Nitro cards:

There is a BIOS switch , which is in OC position by default (to the right).
    When flashing, do i need to flash with bios in first position (silent) or OC (to the right). Can someone outline the exact way to do it?
    Later steps are clearer, but my understanding is that I need to save my rom with atiflash, not gpu-z. Right?

@Biodom change the bios switch to silent position (near hdmi, dvi out), then use the last version atiflash to save your backup original rom with 512KB, GPU-Z only save rom with 128KB (not work to flashing).
    Then use atiflash to flashing the cards.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    @Koody

Thanks. So, i would be replacing the silent position rom, right, NOT the OC one?
    Then mine with bios at position 1 (silent , replaced by modded)?
  • Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    What really matters is not to f* up both at the same time.
    edited September 2016
    @Biodom yes and yes, you will get 28-29mh/s eth + 400 mh/s on dcr
    now i run with 1100mhz and mem at 1980mh/z.
  • MMKMMK Member Posts: 20
    For Sapphire 8Gb, copy/pasting the 1750 strap to 2000 gives me best results. I let it run now overnight and post results tomorrow, if it is stable.
  • MajestikMajestik Member Posts: 34
    edited September 2016
    @Koody You are saying the 4gb sapphire nitro can easily achieve 28mhs?

So as i understand the general consensus is that the sapphire nitro 4gb is a good-to-go card? Some say that the reference might be better performance-wise. As i see that 8gb should have samsung memory and achieve better results. But the price difference doesnt make it up.
  • HansHans Member Posts: 34
    Guys quick question which one better: Power color rx 470 4gb red devil or Sapphire rx 470 nitro+ 4GB?

I'm going to add 4 more GPU to my rig and i think i'm going to try 470.

(Sorry if my question redundant to previous comment/thread) :):):)

Okay, it did run overnight and this seems to be the best setup for me now.
    Memory straps 1750 -> 2000.
    Power consumption 540W, it is 8h average calculated from my meter.
    I believe its is about 150-160 per card and 80 for the rest of the system.
    Asic quality for all three cards is about 80% each.
    For some reason GPU2 is not stable like the other two, I can't get it better than this MHS/W.
    -dcri setting is 18.

I also run the max test short time, power consumption was then 610-620 W. Lots of tweaking!
    -dcri settings is 14
    I believe that these are the max hash rates for my cards with this setup.

You can get more if you set core higher, I believe 31.5 is achievable.
    This also means that you have to have free electricity :)
    Because I had to tweak so much I don't want to show setup for that.
    First picture is stable and fairly easy to achieve.

• cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    thx MMK ur settings helped drop me about 100-200 watts per rig enough to ad 2-3 more cards per circuit
    basically just noticed ur settings for voltage offset in watt tool, was doing it thru trixx and bios but im not sure trixx was changing the offset to what it said
    i am running about 26-27MH on my saphhires but only running 500-520 watts per 4 cards including cpu/mobo
    didnt really bother checking the other rigs since that dropped so much

on another note i thought the asus 470 were crap but i got mad at mine today cuz of the inconsistent hashrate and dropped the core to 750/824mV and it still hashed at 23Mh, although inconsistent but none more than b4
    gpu-z is saying 52.8 watts, dunno how thats possible but will try to isolate and run on a kill a watt when i head out that way
    should also add cuz of the low clock its running under 50C when the fans actually run lol insane
    Post edited by cidmo on
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    The cooling on the ASUS is crap, lower the mem voltage or core voltage to 900 then you should be able to run core back up at 1000 or so and mem at 1925
    cidmo
    Nice to hear that power save. That GPU2 drove me mad too. I could not believe how worse it is and how many system crashes I occured whit that :neutral:
  • s3000ss3000s Member Posts: 14

s3000s said:

hello..what gpu clock and mv

memery clock and mv

in best ?

best gpu clock memery clock and mv on 470 4g ??

please telle .thankyou

As i know is +1100 core clock and +2000 mem clock/
    oh .my 470 4gb ,set to 1100 and 2000 ...after 20 hour ,system halted;

.how to best long time run >? thank you
  • s3000ss3000s Member Posts: 14
    MMK said:

For some reason GPU2 is not stable like the other two, I can't get it better than this MHS/W.
    -dcri setting is 18.

I also run the max test short time, power consumption was then 610-620 W. Lots of tweaking!
    -dcri settings is 14

hello .you card is 4gb or 8gb ?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    s3000s said:

MMK said:

-dcri setting is 18.

-dcri settings is 14

hello .you card is 4gb or 8gb ?
    Must be 8gb. The 4gb rarely seem to work well over 2000mem clock from what i've seen.

4gb = usually hynix mem
    8gb = usually samsung mem
    Yes, all three Sapphire 8 gb.
  • charles2kcharles2k Member Posts: 22
    Koody said:

ETH = 29.2 Mh/s
    DCR = 409 Mh/s

I tried your firmware (the same card Sapphire Nitro 470 8G, Win10, Crimson 16.9.2) but it hash only 24,2eth and 364 sia. It is far away from your numbers. Why?

• gailogailo Member Posts: 4
    cidmo said:

thx MMK ur settings helped drop me about 100-200 watts per rig enough to ad 2-3 more cards per circuit
    basically just noticed ur settings for voltage offset in watt tool, was doing it thru trixx and bios but im not sure trixx was changing the offset to what it said
    i am running about 26-27MH on my saphhires but only running 500-520 watts per 4 cards including cpu/mobo
    didnt really bother checking the other rigs since that dropped so much

on another note i thought the asus 470 were crap but i got mad at mine today cuz of the inconsistent hashrate and dropped the core to 750/824mV and it still hashed at 23Mh, although inconsistent but none more than b4
    gpu-z is saying 52.8 watts, dunno how thats possible but will try to isolate and run on a kill a watt when i head out that way
    should also add cuz of the low clock its running under 50C when the fans actually run lol insane

Hallo MMK, This setting saphire 470 8 Gb Refference or 470 8gb nitro? thanks you
    charles2k said:

Koody said:

ETH = 29.2 Mh/s
    DCR = 409 Mh/s

I tried your firmware (the same card Sapphire Nitro 470 8G, Win10, Crimson 16.9.2) but it hash only 24,2eth and 364 sia. It is far away from your numbers. Why?

@ charles2k
    My config:
    Windows 8.1 64
    driver 16.9.1
    Claymore v4.6 = intensity ethi 16 / dcri 28
    1100mhz and mem at 1980mhz
    my ASIC quality is 84% and 85%, check it.

Majestik said:

@Koody You are saying the 4gb sapphire nitro can easily achieve 28mhs?

So as i understand the general consensus is that the sapphire nitro 4gb is a good-to-go card? Some say that the reference might be better performance-wise. As i see that 8gb should have samsung memory and achieve better results. But the price difference doesnt make it up.

@Majestik
    My card is sapphire nitro 8gb not 4gb, but it's possible get 28mh/s with 4gb model.
    rx 470 = gpu 2 on print
    ETH = 31.6 mh/s
    DCR = 316 mh/s
    GPU power draw 75w (by GPU-Z)
    Now i will test if it is stable.

• cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    @Marvell9 @MMK took ur advice and applied it to some other cards, thx again
    msi 470 4gb gpu2, still got some room to go on this card but this profile runs on all the msi 470 4gs i got

gpu3 is a msi 480 8gb
    gpu4 is a sapphire 470 8gb

gpu0 and1 are a 7950 and a 280x im playing with too
  • cvekscveks Member Posts: 62
    What about MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4GB GDDR5 ?

Is it good as Sapphire RX 470?

Can it achieve 28 mhash/s?