RX 470 mining

Comments

• ftozftoz Member Posts: 13
    with 1375 strap is recommended use lower mem clock, seems 1850 or 1900 is optimal to get good stability
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    latest result

Nitro 4G doing 27Mh x 6 = 162MH per rig. 820w on the wall.

testing for stability
  • dephcondephcon Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2016
    after a few days it seems my bios isn't cutting the mustard once deployed on all my 470s. I picked the one with the lowest ASIC rating for initial testing, yet i'm getting the best results with it compared to my other cards. now dual mining LBC instead of SIA has added more stress to the cards.

Back to the drawing board
    Post edited by dephcon on
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    dephcon said:

after a few days it seems my bios isn't cutting the mustard once deployed on all my 470s. I picked the one with the lowest ASIC rating for initial testing, yet i'm getting the best results with it compared to my other cards. now dual mining LBC instead of SIA has added more stress to the cards.

Back to the drawing board

why lowest ASIC ? my lowest is 61%
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    @Truthchanter so after playing around with the ROM in the editor i landed on 27.2 MH and 272 SIA in Dual (using -dcri 20) mining pulling 320 Watt from the wall on Gold PSU. ~140W per card.

What are your results lads?
  • JohnJJohnJ Member Posts: 14
    cscheat said:

latest result

Nitro 4G doing 27Mh x 6 = 162MH per rig. 820w on the wall.

testing for stability

Thats amazing bro, can you share the bios of that ?
  • zonozono Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Anyone willing to do youtube video tutorial (from start till end) how to flash card and sign driver...?!
  • ciprianptciprianpt Member Posts: 219 ✭✭
    zono said:

Anyone willing to do youtube video tutorial (from start till end) how to flash card and sign driver...?!

I was looking to find such video tutorial :( if someone can do a nice tutorial about this would be great!!
  • lukeonlukeon Member Posts: 7
    If I want to flash bios 5 cards. Should I flash one card by one or I can flash them all and then restart system?
  • JohnJJohnJ Member Posts: 14
    @lukeon you should flash one by one, you cant flash them all at once !
    and my advice to flash only one first and then if its ok flash the others, be careful
  • un4givenun4given Member Posts: 172 ✭✭
    lukeon said:

If I want to flash bios 5 cards. Should I flash one card by one or I can flash them all and then restart system?

U can flash only one by 1. atiflash tool wont recognize all at once. plug one and flash with the BIOS. test the card. if it works and is stable for some time plug it out and do same with another cards. after all flashed playce one after another. dont forget to sign the driver each time u plug in another card.
  • dephcondephcon Member Posts: 39
    edited September 2016
    What kind of results are you guys getting while dual mining? I find solo mining i get very consistent results across my 6 cards but when i dual mine it's a total gong show. My ref 480s are a lot more consistent.
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2016
    using 1500mem strap in 2000 slot. 1065/843.75mv 2000/850mv (using -6.25mv offset on core, so its set to 850mv in wattTool and then subtracts 6.25mv from it) 75-77.5w in gpuz 28-28.5mhs 271sia dcri 19 (also sometimes use dcri 22 which may be slightly better).

Haven't tested the wattage on the wall yet so im curious how much the 75w-77.5w in gpuz actually is. I don't think it was stable at -12.5mv offset. It is definitely stable at 0 offset (850mv)
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    So basically the ABSOLUTE max for the 470 4gb is about 28MH/s.

Only way to get more is to dual mine?

No-one reached 32MH/s or so like with the 480 8gb's?
    adaseb said:

So basically the ABSOLUTE max for the 470 4gb is about 28MH/s.

Only way to get more is to dual mine?

No-one reached 32MH/s or so like with the 480 8gb's?

Well my 470s can get up to 28.5 dual mining, so maybe slightly higher eth only..

Also, mine are at 2000 mem clock, and i've seen some posts of people getting higher than 2000 to work, so if I can figure out a way to do that (i think i need a bios with another mem strap setting of 2125 which I don't know how to do but like @Heliox and @Wolf0 do), i may be able to get higher.
  • LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    @adaseb the Hynix memory of the 4GB simply isn't as capable as the Samsung used on the 8GB, a 15-20% overclock and tightened timings is about all they're capable of.

@Truthchanter It doesn't really work that way. Looser timings for the top 2000 strap would allow for slightly higher clocks, but it would also lower hashrates. Even 2000mhz with tight timings is likely only going to be stable for a portion of cards.
    Anyone knows whats the purpose of that switch? Cant find any official info about it...
    (Its a XFX RX-470P4LFB6 version - http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-400-series/rx-470-rs-4gb-dd-triplex-rx-470p4lfb6)
    I don't think its a dual bios card..or is it?

Yeah the most I can get is 28.5mh/s with the 2000 strap.

I tried 2050,2100 and it eventually slowed down. I didn't want to raise the memory voltage any higher than the stock 1.0V.

MSI 4GB 470
    zono said:

Anyone knows whats the purpose of that switch? Cant find any official info about it...
    (Its a XFX RX-470P4LFB6 version - http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-400-series/rx-470-rs-4gb-dd-triplex-rx-470p4lfb6)
    I don't think its a dual bios card..or is it?

dual bios switch
  • OrangeBubblegumOrangeBubblegum Member Posts: 52
    @zono Dual bios switch as @adaseb said.

Im not having much success with the XFX 470s and the 1500 strap. Max Ive gotten is about 23.5 MH/s per card.

Anyone else having better luck?

@zono Dual bios switch as @adaseb said.

Im not having much success with the XFX 470s and the 1500 strap. Max Ive gotten is about 23.5 MH/s per card.

Anyone else having better luck?

I have 22mh stock bios, underclocked 1050, undervolted 925
  • rubiorubio Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2016
    -
    Post edited by rubio on
  • jdetjdet Member Posts: 16
    Any success flashing under linux guys?
    edited September 2016
    Here are some discoveries regarding the PCIe slot power draw. When using the 2000Mhz strap at 950mV. The slot uses about 55 Watts whether you are ETH solo, ETH+SIA dual mining, or even Undervolted Engine Core. The slot ALWAYS uses the same amount of power. Only the power draw from the 8 Pin connector changes. I think the memory is powered by the slot and indepedant of anything else. So don't connect these to a SATA connector or use more than 1 connected to a molex connector.

• woodaxewoodaxe Member Posts: 6
    hi all this is very new to me im hoping to be able to learn enough to flash my own cards i have 3 sapphire rx 470 nitro +oc 8 gig
    running stock atm 25.9 m/hs eth 350 m/hs sia not sure of the wattage atm.
    i dont know enough yet to flash them yet

if i flash the cards on one pc and signature them will i have problems when i put them into the rig im working on.

my first post so hope ive put it in the right place and still learning the forum protocol
  • TinuTinu Member Posts: 8
    Windows 10 here : the problem I had flashing the bios for the nitro+ 4gb is that atiflash doesn't work anymore in dos mode for the latest version that recognizes polaris cards. I did it with Atiwinflash (and also did the atikdmg.sys thingy or something like that), but of course I killed my BIOS and I don't know if I can salvage it (I did it only because I have dual BIOS). I guess I have to do it using a bootable USB key like explained earlier in this thread?
    adaseb said:

Here are some discoveries regarding the PCIe slot power draw. When using the 2000Mhz strap at 950mV. The slot uses about 55 Watts whether you are ETH solo, ETH+SIA dual mining, or even Undervolted Engine Core. The slot ALWAYS uses the same amount of power. Only the power draw from the 8 Pin connector changes. I think the memory is powered by the slot and indepedant of anything else. So don't connect these to a SATA connector or use more than 1 connected to a molex connector.

so you recommend going the dual psu route for a rig with 6 of these? or are there any psus with 6 individual moles strings?

Actually, it seems like even if i went dual PSU, some of the molex strings would have to have 2 risers connected, unless i could find a psu with 3 individual molex strings (seems most have 2?)

adaseb said:

so you recommend going the dual psu route for a rig with 6 of these? or are there any psus with 6 individual moles strings?

Actually, it seems like even if i went dual PSU, some of the molex strings would have to have 2 risers connected, unless i could find a psu with 3 individual molex strings (seems most have 2?)
    Iread on the corsair website that there sata cables have a thinker wire and i theory can take 150w i cannot find the article again to link it
    but from toms hardware
    SATA power connectors has a total of 15 pins of which 9 are power pins (3 x 3.3V, 3 x 5V, 3 x 12V). Each pin can carry 1.5Amps for a total of 13.5Amps. BUT as there is as yet no use for the 3.3V pins the effective power available to drives is only 9Amps.

9 amps is 108watts
    im running 2 x 290 gpus from one sata atm with no problems
  • RiderRider JapanMember Posts: 81
    woodaxe said:

rx 470 nitro +oc 8 gig

@woodaxe what driver version and OS?
    Rider said:

woodaxe said:

rx 470 nitro +oc 8 gig

@woodaxe what driver version and OS?
    windows 7 driver 16.8.3