RX 470 mining

Comments

• CiperyCipery Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys, can anyone hook me up with modded 470 nitro rom? Thanks a lot
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    Zorg33 said:

I couldn't get my ref 470 4gb to work well with mem above 2000, I get 28mhs with 2000 but at 2025 i get 25mhs, any idea what you did differently, do you have 8gb model?

You are near memory crash limit imho, within 3%.
    If you raise memclock a little more BSOD bamm. Try it:)
    I also experienced this on my 480 with tight timings above 2175.

I may try it later, but some others with the 470 (maybe they have 8gb not 4gb?) said they get their ram to 2100 or even some cards 2200. I think Wolf0 said this.

Either way, 2000 seems to be working great, 1950 was just about as good too.
  • quake96321quake96321 Member Posts: 15
    Any care to share a Modified bios for rx 470 nitro+ 8GB version?

Needs to be low in heat/watt. Safe to flash. Moderate core and memory clocks for stability.

zorvalth said:

People here are constantly reporting settings with mem voltage higher then core voltage, am I worng or its impossible?

i have heard its not possible either but i think that may only be for 480s, maybe 470s can have core voltage less than mem voltage. Not sure. Although my 470s have their mem voltage set lower than core voltage, Idk if its working but i think it is.
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174

zorvalth said:

People here are constantly reporting settings with mem voltage higher then core voltage, am I worng or its impossible?

i have heard its not possible either but i think that may only be for 480s, maybe 470s can have core voltage less than mem voltage. Not sure. Although my 470s have their mem voltage set lower than core voltage, Idk if its working but i think it is.
    I have 470 and definetely its not working.
    470 4gb: better watts in gpuz 80-82.5w @ 28mhs dual mining -12.5%(1065)/880mv and 2000/850mv
  • newtechznewtechz Tokyo, JapanMember Posts: 66
    edited September 2016
    I had 6 of 470 4g models. I modded on Wattman. but i could not get hashrate over 21mh.(I got just good power consumption from 100w to under 60w) I think that it is possible to Reference Sapphire 470s?
    newtechz said:

I had 6 of 470 4g models.

I modded on Wattman. but i could not get hashrate over 21mh.(I got just good power consumption from 100w to under 60w) I think that it is possible to Reference Sapphire 470s?
    I don't know about the non-reference cards, but increasing the memory to anything above the default 1750 on the reference 470 4gb didn't increase hashrate at all UNLESS the bios is modded to put the 1500 memory strap timings at the higher ones. So if you overclocked your memory, it may not be making a difference. Interesting that your watts in gpuz are so low with that low core clock
  • c2n14c2n14 Member Posts: 22
    zono said:

!!!! PLEASE HELP !!!!

AMD drivers doesnt load - any1 know whats wrong? How to fix this?
    I'm running them both on mobo (no PCI risers).

I got this message when the integrated graphics was set in my mobo's Bios to init first (I cannot turn the iGPU completely off there). So, I changed the "Primary Graphics Adapter: ONBOARD" setting into "PCI EXPRESS" and the problem's solved :smile:

zorvalth said:

I have 470 and you cannot have the core voltage lower than mem voltage - you can set it like this in Wattman but using GPUZ you will see that the core voltage is the same as of the mem. So, it's like w/ 480's:
    If Mem voltage > Core voltage, Wattman will apply the highest voltage between the two to both Core and Mem.

But you can have higher Core voltage than Mem, no problem.
    c2n14 said:

zorvalth said:

I have 470 and you cannot have the core voltage lower than mem voltage - you can set it like this in Wattman but using GPUZ you will see that the core voltage is the same as of the mem. So, it's like w/ 480's:
    If Mem voltage > Core voltage, Wattman will apply the highest voltage between the two to both Core and Mem.

ah okay thanks
  • cscheatcscheat Member Posts: 147 ✭✭
    c2n14 said:

zorvalth said:

best is to have core & mem voltage at same mv. since GPUZ will only shows the voltages for mem only
    Cipery said:

I would like to create a database of those having 4GB/ 8GB & models at the beginning of this thread.

Those who wish to contribute please fill in the form here

https://goo.gl/forms/GDN4MxVgZuav136G3
    cscheat said:

Cipery said:

I would like to create a database of those having 4GB/ 8GB & models at the beginning of this thread.

i made and input, but mine was a reference model sapphire so i picked some other random model and made a comment about it, i might make another if i update anything. I may add my 480 info tomo
    edited September 2016

cscheat said:

Cipery said:

i made and input, but mine was a reference model sapphire so i picked some other random model and made a comment about it, i might make another if i update anything. I may add my 480 info tomo
    thanks for the input ! Just added in sapphire reference too. @Truthchanter can you key in again ???
    Post edited by cscheat on
    I modded bios to my 470 card(HS-470R4LTNR). but dose not work with this error.
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) ...

I can make othere card. Of course same process to do that. How do i fix it?
    newtechz said:

boot in safe mode, patch the amd file, the restart with option 7 (win10)
  • OakheartOakheart Member Posts: 10

@Truthchanter I couldn't get my ref 470 4gb to work well with mem above 2000, I get 28mhs with 2000 but at 2025 i get 25mhs, any idea what you did differently, do you have 8gb model?

I raised the power limits in the bios editor. It was costing me 200 watts more at the wall for an extra 3 MH/s. I am now using your settings. Thanks for posting those!
    dephcon said:

@dephcon I'll have to compare yours to mine once i get my power meter, your clock voltages are really aggressive. what were you able to achieve with -drci 20+?

I think the Ethereum MH/s really dropped off over -dcri 20.

Has anyone tried using timing straps from below 1500?

cscheat said:

newtechz said:

Is this correct? still showing same errror code 43.
    1. boot in safe mode
    2. patch the atikmdag
    3. restart with option 7.
    4. Check device manager, showing error.
    cscheat said:

Done.

I suggest to include an ASIC Quality value because it has the biggest impact on someone's card power efficiency.
    I include it myself in the Comments.

Another missing value, IMHO, is the Power Limit from WattMan - I put it myself in the same line w/ the Core/Mem settings.
  • XenoXeno Member Posts: 58
    Sorry for cross posting, but both 470 threads are in full conversation on the topic I want to bring up.

I'm currently trying my first attempt at flashing. I finally wrote a ROM, created a bootable MS-DOS image (using Rufus) and extracted Atiflash 2.74 onto it with the custom ROM.

Problem is, when I plug the USB into my ubuntu rig, boot into MS-DOS and run 'atiflash -i', I'm getting 'this program cannot run in dos mode'.

Any ideas?? :\

@c2n14 added ASIC quality & power limit
    Xeno said:

Sorry for cross posting, but both 470 threads are in full conversation on the topic I want to bring up.

I'm currently trying my first attempt at flashing. I finally wrote a ROM, created a bootable MS-DOS image (using Rufus) and extracted Atiflash 2.74 onto it with the custom ROM.

Problem is, when I plug the USB into my ubuntu rig, boot into MS-DOS and run 'atiflash -i', I'm getting 'this program cannot run in dos mode'.

Any ideas?? :\

actually u could open CMD in windows, then CD to the atiflash folder. then try atiflash -i

• zonozono Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    newtechz said:

cscheat said:

newtechz said:

1. boot in safe mode
    2. patch the atikmdag
    Any1 willing to do a tutorial video on youtube for us dumbheads?!
    I don't get how to patch atikmdag (where is that file?), what is the meaning "restart with option 7"....??
  • XenoXeno Member Posts: 58
    @cscheat unfortunately I don't have windows. My rigs are on Ubuntu, hence the MS-DOS bootable USB.
    edited September 2016
    @Xeno I never tried ubuntu before
    edited September 2016
    zono said:

newtechz said:

cscheat said:

newtechz said:

1. boot in safe mode
    2. patch the atikmdag
    Any1 willing to do a tutorial video on youtube for us dumbheads?!
    I don't get how to patch atikmdag (where is that file?), what is the meaning "restart with option 7"....??
    here how to do override driver properly in windows.
    but i did not make to patch modded bios. had error code 43 everytime.

Step 1 : Download the modded AMD Driver file here

@RavinderDhillon Why do i have to replace original atikmdag.sys with the patched one?
    Post edited by newtechz on
    cscheat said:

@c2n14 added ASIC quality & power limit

Thanks. Do I need to fill the form again?
  • patrik2patrik2 Member Posts: 156 ✭✭
    I'm looking for a low energy custom ROM for Sapphire RX 470 4GB reference, model with 1 fan. Any help please?
  • zonozono Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    What tha fuck just happened? I followed steps and now this???