How to configure 3 GPU on windows for mining

one1upone1up Member Posts: 2
edited July 2016 in Mining
Hello mates i'm new to ETH Mining and i already earning 0.3 ETH since July 28 i have 1 GPU Sapphire R9 380 can mine 14-20 MH/s can earn 0.14 ETH/day, now im planning to buy again 2 more GPU, but i have no Idea how to configure it , can someone help me on this

thank you!

Comments

• indytimindytim Member Posts: 123
    Why don't you start by listing your current configuration. What is your motherboard and OS? How is your current GPU connected to your motherboard? Do you have a case, or an open chassis?

When you say "configure" what do you mean? If you have a motherboard that supports multiple GPUs, you should be able to add the GPUs and they will be discovered and just run. However, you need to have enough power, and you probably need risers to add the cards to your board, so they physically have room and have enough space around them to cool.
  • one1upone1up Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your help man!

my Mobo can handle up to 5 GPU , what i mean configure is do i need to code something on my start.bat file? or just hit run and it will automatically detect my GPU's ? this is my batch file code im using 1 gpu only

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    setx GPU_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

ethminer.exe --farm-recheck 200 -G -S eu1.nanopool.org:9999 -O 0x9cb60d8a24d9634cd519d6f1e72ea276170d310f/ETH_MINER1
  • indytimindytim Member Posts: 123
    It should just detect your gpus.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    Are you aware that you probably need risers for the cards? You don't want to just plug them straight into the slot