Ethereum Classic POOL - Project Continues on the Original Chain

2»

Comments

• SIRacer09SIRacer09 Member Posts: 246 ✭✭
    Thanks @kilo17 Ill steer clear
  • shutfushutfu Member Posts: 320 ✭✭
    so this pool is a bust?

you might want to update the first post @greenuser so no one is getting scammed until this pool starts paying out
  • greenusergreenuser 50.8862°N 4.5537°WMember Posts: 439 ✭✭
    shutfu said:

so this pool is a bust?

you might want to update the first post @greenuser so no one is getting scammed until this pool starts paying out

How do you change a post older than 24h? I'm sure investors/mines practice "Due diligence". If not, then it is obviously money they can afford to lose.
    Time will tell.

For those interested https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559630.0
    So has anyone used the other pool http://ethc.epool.io/ ? Is it paying out?
    edited July 2016
    https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
    kilo17 said:

The site is whoisguard protected. There are scam links on Reddit also about this pool

@kilo17 & @SIRacer09 More info here https://ethereumclassic.github.io/
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50
    You can mine ETC (Ethereum Classic) on >> https://ethc.coin-miners.info/
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    SIRacer09 said:

So has anyone used the other pool http://ethc.epool.io/ ? Is it paying out?

yes they pay out, but I can not recommend it. For my ~1 hour test run at Ethereumclassic I earned ~5 ETC yesterday. For my ~8 hour test run at Epool.io last night I earned only 2.55 ETC, which is lousy.

In the meantime Ethereumclassic pool has allegedly enabled payouts, but for the next days only manually. Somehow still curious why they make such drama with their payouts? They allready lost many miners since yesterday.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a losing fork block explorer that actually tracks transactions?

I want to see where the DAO funds went.

(In case you didn't know, the attacker drained TheDarkDAO already: http://gastracker.io/addr/0x304a554a310c7e546dfe434669c62820b7d83490 . Only left 11 Wei behind).
    @work Haha! I bet ETC is in for a huge drop...
  • snowcap420snowcap420 Member Posts: 19
    I tried the eth classic pool for just an hour or two and I did notice I got paid not much but I just tried it out.I got paid yesterday so check your addresses for any payments.I mined straight to polo which is the worst exchange ever but I had no choice.I fucking hate poloniex.
  • therightguytherightguy Member Posts: 2
    dlehenky said:

@greenuser I maintain that, if you are disillusioned by the ETH hard fork, you'd be better off supporting Expanse. They've had a community voting mechanism, blockchain-based, in place since the beginning, i.e. it's not driven by the devs. It's is supported on a number of larger exchanges, including Poloniex. It's is a fork of the ETH github code, but they are free to take or leave whatever changes the mainline code makes, e.g. PoS, if that's what they decide, and I think they will. Since all changes are subject to the community voting mechanism, rather than the devs will, I doubt that a change to implement PoS would receive the necessary support. :) Just sayin'.

SRY all I'm new in here, but hope to stay for the long run to world freedom!

For all i have read in my opinion if they go PoS anythime in the next years, they will have missed the boat.

1-they need to reach a way higher critical mass "miners/validators" to make this really "the tech that can change the way everything is done" if they centralize the tech just a bit the big players will dominate it, and the force pushing the tech (us) will leave for the next tech that will give the power to the people.

This is a game changer tech that will only survive if the community stays, if the community leaves, the ETH will die and the next one will come (expanse).

so I agree with what you are saying, and expanse looks like the evolution of Ethereum.
  • taz002devtaz002dev 0x26ff3ed5c5025b5a3c288b9139d0396f9de5891fMember Posts: 47
    Polo was quite alright because at a certain point in time credited ETC to the address which was correct. I have ETH on Kraken and for the moment they have my ETC. They said nothing about it. and I guess since Polo is the only one doing the ETC trading Kraken trades on Polo my ETC :-))). I hope Kraken will pay some interest on it.
    Update mining for 3 hours no change in stats but I got another deposit that has yet to show up in my wallet.Ive already switched another rig off eth to another pool to what I see as a better operation and 0% fee so far and stats show up asap and same prop payment system.

https://ethc.coin-miners.info/#/
    Ive only been on for last hour stats seem like there working no payout yet but suppose to be every two hours so we'll see.They grown from 6gh when I signed on to 8.8gh in last hour.
  • markus1234markus1234 Member Posts: 7

Update mining for 3 hours no change in stats but I got another deposit that has yet to show up in my wallet.Ive already switched another rig off eth to another pool to what I see as a better operation and 0% fee so far and stats show up asap and same prop payment system.

https://ethc.coin-miners.info/#/
    Ive only been on for last hour stats seem like there working no payout yet but suppose to be every two hours so we'll see.They grown from 6gh when I signed on to 8.8gh in last hour.

I'm using them and u can use claymore's miner.

Stay away from this pool total scam there not paying close to what what is fair.Try these guys very fair so far https://ethc.coin-miners.info/#/
    Classic Ethereum mining is working fine for me at https://etc.nanopool.org
    min payout is currently set at 1.0 ETC and payouts are at 4:00 AM, 10:00 AM, 4:00 PM, 10:00 PM (New York time zone).
    @greenuser why mine ETC? It's a lot less profitable.
    edited July 2016
    I don't think price is a consideration at this moment in tme. It's about making sure the coin can be maintained.
    We need to fork classic soon to fix the exponential difficulty rise.
    That is something ethereum-Dao_forked will have to live with until January
    Also i don't think there is any consensus for PoS so we need a road-map to outline our way ahead.

Why mine Classic? The Dao ”hacker” played by the rules, it's just the rules were badly made.
    I bought into ethereum on the basis of immutability.

"We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted - by anyone."

This is the “value add” that ethereum-Dao_forked does not have anymore.

I invested in Ethereum with my time and hardware because I believe in these values. I still do.
    I will live with the short term loss because this will be the making of Ethereum Classic
    @greenuser The Eth chain is much more immutable the ETC chain... and Eth never violated immutability. Nothing was removed from the blockchain, so nothing was immuted.

The DAO hacker definitely didn't play by the rules. A significantly modified node was required, which makes it an exploit. You are basically condoning theft by exploit. I'm glad most of the world doesn't think like you.

But, have fun buying into the blockstream propaganda (if you really haven't realized they are largely behind ethclassic, then *facepalm*). Hopefully you'll eventually realize that supporting the losing fork serves only to damage all Ethereum chain's potential futures. Several devs who have stepped up to support classic can be quoted not long ago saying that ethereum is a terrible idea, they would never support it, etc. Now that there is the potential to divide the network and suddenly they like ethereum? Hint: no.

As for forking to remove the mining ice age... lol, good luck not creating a third chain and coin, because at this rate that is more likely. You really think a group of people bent on splitting Ethereum are going to agree to a smooth hard-fork enmass? You have an interesting thought process there. Not to mention ether classic has no core dev team, it is geth's code and chain basically. Until ETC forks, it cannot even be considered its own chain.

Just look at the world "bail-out" in what you just quoted. There was no capital injection and therefore no bailout by definition. Good job quoting poorly written propaganda.
    @G416G I don't see how that's what Polo adding ETC pairs and others following suggests at all. It suggests what Polo adding any shit coin does - that they care about transaction fees. And then other exchanges followed because they wanted a piece of the pie. The Ethereum community executed a successful hard-fork, and then various groups decided to continue the old chain. This isn't the work of the Ethereum Foundation any more then a homestead chain continuing after the hard-fork to metro would be. The only difference is that certain entities are taking advantage of loaded buzz-words (like bailout - a term looked at by many with contempt; but, there was no capital injection, and therefore no bailout by definition - nothing but a loaded buzz-word without a shred of truth) and propaganda (e.g. dev support announcements from people that I can assure you will never develop anything for Eth or ETC) to encourage (mostly young and disenfranchised) people to support the losing chain.
    @G416G the exchanges created competing coins. Without Polo's action, ETC would not exist. It really stops there IMO. Again, if you're arguing it was the foundation that did it, then the foundation also created competing coins when they released homestead... but wait, they didn't.

Calling TheDAO exploit a feature is ridiculous. It was clearly a bug; the intent of the code is clear, and executing the exploit required a significantly modified node. It was not in any way possible with the stock client or Ethereum reference code. It was also a known bug that was being fixed when someone decided to abuse it for their own malicious/nefarious purposes.

When you say created losses... what losses? I don't see any. As for divide - that's on the exchanges that started trading what should have been left untradable.
    edited July 2016
    @G416G trading the Ethereum-Classic chain's asset is what created ETC. Therefore Polo caused ETC... pretty simple. Without Polo's actions, the chain would have died off and nobody would have been mining it.

Pretty sure Eth was worth more after the successful hard-fork then it was before TheDAO funding start. If you are annoyed TheDAO bubble popped, that's one thing, but you can't reasonably call that losses.
  • TermieTermie Member Posts: 130
    edited July 2016
    strange behavior of this pool since a few hours... wrong network diff, wrong network hashrate, miner finds very much shares. New blocks are counted. Immature balance raising, no payouts of pending balance. Whats wrong there? No chance to contact this pool's operator. Better switch to another pool temporary?

Edit:
    right now pool restarts.
    All blocks of last 5 hours are lost.
    @ pool's anonymous admin -> Great job. Great reaction time. Great pool. NOT.
    Fortunately there are alternative pools available, where pool's amin is reachable, too.
    Post edited by Termie on
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50