DAO hard-fork voting on ethpool & ethermine

13»

Comments

• o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @AroundTheBlock_ Mod here. You're on notice for abuse. However I'm leaving most of your posts up for now just so everyone can see why....
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Announcement:

ethermine.org: According to the voting result (75% of the voted hashrate is in favor of the fork) ethermine.org will be supporting the upcoming Ethereum hardfork!

ethpool.org: According to the voting result (65% in favor of not supporting the fork) the pool is supposed not to support the fork. But as all other major pools (e.g. dwarfpool, ethermine, nanopool) are supporting the fork we can and will not jeopardize any mining income of the pool by mining on a chain that has a very high probability to get orphaned. Therefore, according to our voting policy stated in the announcement, we will support the hard fork.
  • newmznewmz AustraliaMember Posts: 299 ✭✭✭
    dr_pra said:

Announcement:

ethermine.org: According to the voting result (75% of the voted hashrate is in favor of the fork) ethermine.org will be supporting the upcoming Ethereum hardfork!

ethpool.org: According to the voting result (65% in favor of not supporting the fork) the pool is supposed not to support the fork. But as all other major pools (e.g. dwarfpool, ethermine, nanopool) are supporting the fork we can and will not jeopardize any mining income of the pool by mining on a chain that has a very high probability to get orphaned. Therefore, according to our voting policy stated in the announcement, we will support the hard fork.

Thank you for that - as an Ethpool miner I am very relieved to hear that you voted with the community and ignored the suspicious last minute bump of no voting. Now I feel I can safely stay with Ethpool. Awesome!
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @dr_pra Isn't the ethpool result summary up on ethermine, too, instead of the ethermine results? Since these are sister pools, a combined vote would still have been in favor. It was very obvious certain parties came on ethpool with huge hash for the singular purpose of skewing the vote. Anyway, it's all good. Thank you!
    ah thanks, was a copy & paste error
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    Did our very own @adaseb participate in that run on ethpool yesterday? Or is that just coincidence @adaseb ?

Or were these rigs somehow hijacked? Because to me it looks like a conglomerate of miners that pooled together under maybe a single eth-proxy instance of some sort to try to manipulate the vote.

See top 2: https://ipfs.pics/ipfs/QmcaYb3xTpLghqtxLGzPJ3fycwsxKvMedYcHq4GUo7QgPP
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @MrYukonC https://www.miningrigrentals.com/u/adaseb

He rents out his rigs on MRR. Not hijacked, rented; we already basically knew it was rented hash power.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I rented out the rig. That guy paid like 50% more than regular ETH mining. Towards the end of the day every single rig available was rented out. He ended up losing big when he didn't get his way I guess.

Are payouts going to be halted from ethermine before-during-after fork? or do I need to increase my min payouts to like 10 ETH?
    edited July 2016
    No, we will temporarily halt payouts till it is evident which chain will win. If everything goes well payouts should not be paused for more than a few minutes.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    adaseb said:

Yeah I rented out the rig. That guy paid like 50% more than regular ETH mining. Towards the end of the day every single rig available was rented out. He ended up losing big when he didn't get his way I guess.

Thanks for clarifying. And good to the bolded part!!
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    That guy re-rented my rigs again, he's on the old fork because the blocks aren't getting solved at the same time.
    Seems like a big waste of money.
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    @adaseb sounds like you made a nice profit from him then. :)
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    where are you looking to see that he's on the old chain?
    As the longest chain is evident payouts have been enabled again.
  • ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    @dr_pra Where are you guys looking to compare chains?