Etheres.com - 0% Fee | Pay TX, Uncles, Fees | USA Server | Stratum/GetWork

Comments

• ImAMiner?ImAMiner? Member Posts: 208 ✭✭
    Thanks @work that's exactly what I was looking for.

@Etheres Have you thought about adding a 24 hour average hashrate tile?
  • EtheresEtheres Member Posts: 76
    ImAMiner? said:

Thanks @work that's exactly what I was looking for.

@Etheres Have you thought about adding a 24 hour average hashrate tile?

We can incorporate a 24hour average if that is what people want? Hopefully @work answered your queries regarding stale shares as he was pretty spot on with his explanation :smile:
  • kovancekkovancek Member Posts: 13
    Do you reward accidental dup shares, because I see you use old protocol?
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @kovancek test it yourself and see. Every pool in existence rejects duplicate shares; the "new" stratum protocol that nicehash proposed isn't necessary for this. If pools didn't reject dupes, you could just submit the same share 100+ times... which clearly you can't.
    kovancek said:

Do you reward accidental dup shares, because I see you use old protocol?

Of course we do not accept duplicate shares, otherwise you could submit the same share over and over and get paid to submit the same share multiple times.
    I am asking about accidental ones, not intentional. They happen. I am loosing about 1% because of this....
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @kovancek it would be pretty much impossible to lose 1% due to dupe shares when you consider how large the nonce space is, particularly on a smaller pool. On huge pools people don't get anywhere close to 1% dupe share collisions. If every ethash miner in the world compared nonce's, the chances of hitting the same one would still be less then 1%!

Edit for further explanation:

Ethash uses an 8 byte nonce. 8Bytes gives you 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 possible nonces.
    Etheres is currently showing ~1.82 GH/s for the pool. This means the entire pool is running the ethash algorithm against 1,820,000,000 (1.82 billion) nonce's per second.

So, every second, you have a 1 out of 10,135,573,666 (1 out of 10 billion) chance of hitting the same nonce as another miner at the pool.

On average, it would take you 10,135,573,666 seconds, or 321 years (!!!) to hit the same nonce as another miner.
    edited July 2016
    As per @works wonderful explanation it would statistically improbable to be getting 1% duplicates? Are you able to share a log or screenshot of this?

Edit;
    Also with a 1% duplicate rate you would be hitting some of the upper limits of our anti-flood systems, your miner would have temporarily banned from connecting as it would be considered an attack on the pool with rates that high.
    Did not try this pool, but when buying at NiceHash and pointing to pools that run sammy007 sw, my order gets disconnected, usually right when reaching around 1 GHs...

That is why I am asking for pool that do not have such issues.
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    how's the EU server coming on....do you need a worker to test on it? happy to point some thing at it for a test/few hours

Boysie
    boysie said:

how's the EU server coming on....do you need a worker to test on it? happy to point some thing at it for a test/few hours

Boysie

Hi @boysie I will pm you some details if you still wish to try it, just reminding you its still in testing as we had some connectivity issues we are/have resolved.

Quick restart of Etheres front-end will be completed shortly. Mining will not be effected.
    Did you make any changes on the back end recently? Start including stales or the way hashrate is reported or something along those lines?
    ImAMiner? said:

Did you make any changes on the back end recently? Start including stales or the way hashrate is reported or something along those lines?

We had made some things more efficient and improved some calculations, is there some errors on your end?

Etheres said:

ImAMiner? said:

We had made some things more efficient and improved some calculations, is there some errors on your end?

My reported hashrate went up; more in line with what I see locally.
    ImAMiner? said:

Etheres said:

ImAMiner? said:

My reported hashrate went up; more in line with what I see locally.
    Ah that's good to hear! Is it reasonably accurate now?
    I would say it's better I think. I really would be able to see if you had a 24 hour average. That's just for reporting hashrate however, I haven't checked if payments are ok, I only have a test machine on it.
    Blocks 2,004,706/2,004,706 - Congratulations all miners, payments have been calculated and will be sent within the hour :smile:
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2016
    @Etheres I'm trying to connect and Claymore is giving me a Authorization Failed after the stratum is connected, any ideas?
    stoon said:

@Etheres I'm trying to connect and Claymore is giving me a Authorization Failed after the stratum is connected, any ideas?

Hi @stoon are you using something similar as below?

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool eth.etheres.com:3333 -ewal YourEthereumAddress -epsw x -eworker YourRigID -mode 1 -etha 0 -ethi 16
    Ya my bad, I had -esm set to 1 not 0. I had my rigs at ethpool.

On another note, is there restrictions as to what I can name my rigs? (&*^& or 3453453)
    stoon said:

Ya my bad, I had -esm set to 1 not 0. I had my rigs at ethpool.

On another note, is there restrictions as to what I can name my rigs? (&*^& or 3453453)

Currently alphanumeric rig names are supported, if you are running into issues could you PM us what you are trying to name your rig's and I can have a look into it?
    Current block is proving a bit hard to find, have rented some extra hash to try and find this block!
  • daemonixdaemonix Member Posts: 15
    Etheres said:

Current block is proving a bit hard to find, have rented some extra hash to try and find this block!

Might be an uneducated question, but what is the reason? The Difficulty seems down.
    @Etheres I think you have to add -M to your examples. At least I had to in order to make it work.

ethminer -M -F http://eth.etheres.com:3334/Wallet/Name -G --farm-recheck 200
  • bithexallbithexall Member Posts: 6
    @Etheres hello there, thank you for the service, you guys do great job there!
    I would like to ask you whether it would be possible to add on the website the following two options please:
    1) a way to see the last 24h hash rate (more people have asked before)
    2) Track the payments transaction history per address. currently the payment history available is limited from the length of the page. With more payments and miners, we will not even be able to see the payment transactions of the current day. It is useful on the long run.
    thank you in advance.
    daemonix said:

Etheres said:

Might be an uneducated question, but what is the reason? The Difficulty seems down.
    Round variance can big rather large with a smaller hashrate, hence getting upwards of 300%. Essentially this evens out over a longer period of time it is just larger and more noticeable with a smaller total hashrate.
    bithexall said:

@Etheres hello there, thank you for the service, you guys do great job there!
    I would like to ask you whether it would be possible to add on the website the following two options please:
    1) a way to see the last 24h hash rate (more people have asked before)
    2) Track the payments transaction history per address. currently the payment history available is limited from the length of the page. With more payments and miners, we will not even be able to see the payment transactions of the current day. It is useful on the long run.
    thank you in advance.

Thanks @bithexall yes 24 hour hashrate will be coming, I will try push this out today for all of you who are asking. Payments will also become "paginated" so you will be able to go through your total payment history with ease.

Blocks: 2,015,066, 2,015,717, 2,016,032, 2,017,373 - Have been found and payments have been sent!

Block - 2,020,267 - Unfortunately out first Orphan, we are investigating on improving the back end to see if we can reduce chances even further of Orphans occurring.

Block - 2,023,354, 2,023,408, 2,023,552 - Congratulations, these blocks have been found (2 with a variance of less than 6%). Payments have been processed and sent!
    Another bit of bad luck unfortunately :neutral: after those 3 and 6 % blocks, hopefully we will find it soon!

Nicehash is now supported after some testing, let me know if anyone has any issues!
    Wow that was a bad round 336% and only an uncle!