Ideologi: The Universal Collaboration Engine

mykljonzunmykljonzun Member Posts: 19
edited April 2014 in Projects
Ideologi (pronounced the same as "ideology") is the conceptual framework for massive open collaboration engine: a universal resource for collective deliberation, commercial collaboration, civic discourse and more. By merging the best methodologies of real-world group brainstorming with the latest in P2P technology, it can focus the input of an unlimited number of users to rapidly interrogate any possible subject matter. And it can do so in total anonymity without any heirarchy and without the problem of "gaming the system." This could be the Killer (D)app of a blockchain-driven civilization.

Our goal now is to gather the people and resources needed to bring this to life in Ethereum.

Go to www.ideologi.org to find out more.

<<Libertes Philosophica>>

m

Comments

• StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    Is that Ethereum-based @mykljonzun?
  • mykljonzunmykljonzun Member Posts: 19
    Right now, there's only a full-blown feature spec. There's no code as of yet. Until I learned about Ethereum a little more than a week ago, I thought that there would never be a way to manage security policies in a completely decentralized technical infrastructure. I've been sitting on this for seven years, waiting for a solution to appear in P2P. Unless I'm missing something, the only way this can be built is with Ethereum.
  • JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    Seems like an interesting idea, and many people like to talk.. But be careful with the idea that 'creativity' is already in there and only needs to be expressed. In reality, a lot of ideas actually need to be tried and tested, or analysed, throwing math at it. Sometimes it is more effective to try figure out what is not possible to narrow down the search for solutions.

Similar goes for ideologi itself, i havent looked at it in detail. Afaict you could do this centralizedly, i mean i am sure volunteers can figure out a trusted server to do this, and that there are topics that fit that too? Decentralizedly, i am not sure if you neccesarily need decentralized consensus, in particular if people volunteer.(for no money) I suppose it might be a good place to start figuring out a consulting DAO.
  • chris613chris613 Member Posts: 93 ✭✭
    @mykljonzun? can you explain a bit more what you mean by "manage security policies in a completely decentralized technical infrastructure" and why this is needed for Ideologi?
    edited April 2014
    Let say that you wanted to have a contest for some sort of intellectual work (argument, decision, artwork, vote with qualifications, etc.) where there's a prize (bitcoin, altcoin, job offer, real world products and services, etc.). Now imagine that the judging of the contest is done completely by the contestants themselves or, if you so choose, allow an unlimited number of interested parties to participate in the judging of the contest. Picture an online version of American Idol , but without the judges.

Here's how Ideologi could use a Turing-complete block chain environment like Ethereum to enforce fair play in such a system:

First, it would ensure that the initiator of the contest is blocked from to the content of the submissions, the identity of the contestants, and access to their funds during the duration of the contest. The contest could also be configured so that participants would never know the identity of the initiator. Ideologi would run a contest like this by synchronizing the transmission of unique samples of entries to each participant for feedback. After each of these transmissions, participants are asked to evaluate the entries based on how they compare against each other. Participants are also instructed to add anonymous feedback to each of the entries presented to them (which can be reviewed by the owners of each work throughout the course of the contest). Entrants could even be allowed to upgrade their entries during the contest based on feedback and/or inspiration from what they've seen in the samples they've reviewed. It's important to note that what is shown to participants for review is all they would be able to see, and even more importantly, all that they would be able to score.

This random sampling review process continues until a winner is determined. That could be based on being the first to reach a particular point count, the highest score after a set number of rounds, or a number of other options. An escrow period could be put in place at the conclusion of the contest so there'd be time for the initiator or other contestants (based on the parameters set by the initiator prior to the start of the contest) to verify that the winning entry is an original piece of work (or not already owned by someone else, etc.

The conclusion of the contest could be configured so that the initiator can only see just the anonymous winner's work and none of the other entries. And the entrants can be confident that the initiator can't just run off with their work. And in order to protect the work of all of the contestants, the participants would be limited to only viewing the samples they reviewed, even after the contest is concluded. And in order to increase the level of good intentioned feedback during the contest, a portion of the prize money could be apportioned to those in the contest who were lucky enough to review the winning entry, but wise enough to grade it favorably.

As I hope you can now see, Ethereum could be an ideal technical solution for managing the security policies of a system such as Ideologi. And to be clear, these are just the basic security policies; there are a lot more that Ethereum solves.
    FYI: I just posted a full-featured conceptual framework of an Ether-fueled version of Ideologi as a wiki on Github:

https://github.com/ideologi/whatisideologi/wiki/White-Paper

It's time to find Ethereum developers who want to see how far this rabbit hole goes!
  • vaXvaX Austin, TXMember Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    Quite Thee HonorAble 'idea', @mykl.

Though.. Thee term that you've chosen to re:present/brand/idealize and essentially attrackt devotees to-vvards in hopes ov assisting you to DEV 'ideologi' into REALity, carries an already pre-Xisting stigma in the psyche ov post-post modern creator cvlture.

To-Day, many ▼isionAries △lign beyond their ideologies. Thee Ideal trvmpz the Idea and thee APPlikSVN ov svch (Thee DOinG ov Thee 3Y3deal) EVEn mORe sovv.

3y3 hvmbly svggest to all sovls who are KINsidering investing their T.ime E.nergy A.ttention R.esources and S.kills to-VVards the re:viewALL ov @mykl's ideoLogical 'whitepaper', to begin at the end, re:viewing the idea vpvvardly from ITz depths.

Eye RE-SUN8 with much ov your aSpiraZens @mykl.. but 'Thee RA-bit vvhole'.. Take both pills - tranZΞNd Th33 Matrix.

(((o)))
    edited June 2014
    Thank you!

I will admit that the name could be seen as controversial for many, but I wanted to help start the long and necessary process of rationally engineering a fundamental resource that has been left to its own devices for far too long. I would argue that this alone is the under-reported backstory of every major news event in the world today.

If you step back and look at cybercurrencies, block chains, DACs, DAOs and their enablement of near-frictionless commerce and hyper-distributed collaboration, we're talking about "the disruption of all disruptions." The societal layers that could be affected by this type of civilizational "hack" will go much deeper than than the web ever could. Look at what could be "disintermediated" this time: money and credit, voting and elections, how firms (especially large ones) should be organized and controlled, mass-decentralization of commerce and the potential hollowing out of classic industrial manufacturing, the creation of laws and the nature their enforcement! The list goes on and on.

From my perspective, I sense that the financial resources being vectored in this space seems unnaturally slow, considering the revolutionary nature of what's possible. I think that the reason why is that the institutions that normally facilitate (and profit) from disrupting the status quo are finding themselves in the cross-hairs of this new type of disruption. What happens when Uber, Facebook, Big VC, Big Banking, and all of the other interrelated forms of hierarchical control get disrupted?