Dual Affordable GPU For under $200 USD

VarvokeVarvoke Member Posts: 15
Hey, I am new to this forum and Ethereum mining, and am looking for dual AMD graphics cards, with around 30 mhash/s for around $200. Thanks for any and all responses and ideas!

Comments

• densetsdensets Member Posts: 69
    wait for rx 480?
  • VarvokeVarvoke Member Posts: 15
    sorry, I forgot, but how long until the release?
  • toothpicktoothpick Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    I am about to sell a few of my Sapphire R9 290 cards for ~$200 each. They each get 26.5MH on ETH and over 500MH on DCR simultaneously using Claymore's miner. That's with no tweaking/overclocking and a slight underclock to 1100 on memory and undervolted 10% with Afterburner. That was done just to save power. I have easily gotten 31MH in the past on these cards using very slight overclocking of the core. These cards are also capable of BIOS mods for complete tuning ability. They can be flashed with 290X firmware or even 390X BIOS further increases hashrate, so I have read. Power consumption and heat can be cut almost in half as well. IMO, that makes these the best cards for ethereum (or any altcoin) mining when you consider hashrate vs cost. I have 15 mining now, I am willing to sell a few so I can experiment with some of the new models to test in an old HP server I am hoping to get working as a rackmount GPU miner. But the 290s are a little too long to fit in the case... Anyway. Let me know if interested
    I will have to get back to you later @toothpick, but I will keep that in mind. But also, Have they been overclocked, and how long have they been used?
    edited June 2016
    Also @toothpick, IF I buy two for your cards, would you have a 1000w or greater psu, (preferably Corsair fully Modular) I could buy from you?
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    toothpick said:

I am about to sell a few of my Sapphire R9 290 cards for ~$200 each. They each get 26.5MH on ETH and over 500MH on DCR simultaneously using Claymore's miner. That's with no tweaking/overclocking and a slight underclock to 1100 on memory and undervolted 10% with Afterburner. That was done just to save power. I have easily gotten 31MH in the past on these cards using very slight overclocking of the core. These cards are also capable of BIOS mods for complete tuning ability. They can be flashed with 290X firmware or even 390X BIOS further increases hashrate, so I have read. Power consumption and heat can be cut almost in half as well. IMO, that makes these the best cards for ethereum (or any altcoin) mining when you consider hashrate vs cost. I have 15 mining now, I am willing to sell a few so I can experiment with some of the new models to test in an old HP server I am hoping to get working as a rackmount GPU miner. But the 290s are a little too long to fit in the case... Anyway. Let me know if interested

How many you have?