Non-Forking Ether Mining Pool

MinerTopiaMinerTopia Member Posts: 24
Since the recent flaw in DAO was found, ETH has been discussing a soft/hard fork. We do not feel it is fair to the miners to have to pay the price for others mistakes, therefore team Influx has decided to support the ETH project by offering a no fork pool with 0 fees to ETH miners.

Feel free to come and check us out and mine with us.

http://etherhub.io

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    So, we get to mine on pool that mines off into oblivion when the rest of the network hard forks (if a hard fork is even needed)? And what exactly is your supposed "price" the miners will have to pay? Lastly, how do we know this isn't just some scam pool?
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50
    If the big pools follow the sof fork you need to follow to :)
  • MinerTopiaMinerTopia Member Posts: 24
    It's not a scam pool considering that we built INFX and have nothing to hide. You can do your research and see.
    Anyone else mining on the pool ive put more than 1 gh on the pool to help us along. Those that want to join feel free. Payouts are set at 5 ether per payout. We pay the TX fees and there is no fee for mining on our pool. We are just trying to support the ether miners.
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    coryvmcs1 said:

Anyone else mining on the pool ive put more than 1 gh on the pool to help us along. Those that want to join feel free. Payouts are set at 5 ether per payout. We pay the TX fees and there is no fee for mining on our pool. We are just trying to support the ether miners.

So this seems to be running mainly for your profit.

Of your 2.3GH/s you just said that you are running atleast 1GH/s of that, and with 5 ether minimum payout, a small time miner will take days or weeks to get to that limit, and as you said the only reason for running this pool is to oppose the soft-fork, so it is very likely that in the 6 days time that the soft-fork either takes effect or not, most people will switch to other pools and/or you will stop your pool operation as it has served it's purpose. And as the payout limit is that high, there will be lots of ether left in the balance that hasn't been paid out that you will collect.
    Something else that i'm missing here?
    Smokyish said:

coryvmcs1 said:

So this seems to be running mainly for your profit.

Of your 2.3GH/s you just said that you are running atleast 1GH/s of that, and with 5 ether minimum payout, a small time miner will take days or weeks to get to that limit, and as you said the only reason for running this pool is to oppose the soft-fork, so it is very likely that in the 6 days time that the soft-fork either takes effect or not, most people will switch to other pools and/or you will stop your pool operation as it has served it's purpose. And as the payout limit is that high, there will be lots of ether left in the balance that hasn't been paid out that you will collect.
    Something else that i'm missing here?
    Um thats not really the intention. I will gladly change the payout to a lower ammount if it makes everyone happy. As it says we are supporting the no fork for now. If it is decided that it will fork we will fork with it. We like mining on our own pool because there is no fee. Why should we mine on other pools with high fees etc?

What do you propose the min payout be and I will gladly change it ?
    edited June 2016
    Changed Min payouts to 0.05 and payouts to every 15 mins.
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    coryvmcs1 said:

Changed Min payouts to 0.05 and payouts to every 15 mins.

Sounds more like a more reasonable option for those who just wish to support the non-forking.