dwarfpool issues?

kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
looking at their website alle my workers are claimed down and not submitting ... but they are and getting accepted (no DAG issues)

anyone with same issues?

Comments

• ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    Known fact about dwaf is weird behaviour and lowest payouts for miners. Try our pool ethermine.rocks
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    @ethermine_rocks well its always easy to say yours is better .... but why is it better? And why would people use Dwarfpool (its the biggest pool by far) if its that bad?
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50
    I recommend all the miners to spread the hash , Dwarfpool has a big hash and not just Dwarfpool there are some others and sometime thei have to much load on the pool or maybe someone is a bad guy and hit the pool with a ddos :) right now i see Dwarf is on maintenance mode "Due to technical maintenance the website will be offline for a short period of time. All your shares are calculated, all pool servers work"
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    @kruisdraad Dwarfpool doesn't pay out all the components of the block awards, like uncle incentives, while just about every other pool does. As to why people use dwarfpool: they don't know any better - it's the biggest, so they assume it's better. It's the biggest, because it was there at the start of Ethereum and had a good infrastructure early on. It took a bit for other pools to catch up, but by that time "the biggest" attracted new miners much more often than not.
  • scorpio18scorpio18 Member Posts: 50
    There are some pools that dont pays uncle or the fees , on my pool i always pay full block reward including TX fees and uncle rewards :smile:
  • MidisMidis Member Posts: 16
    Same issue here
  • gmexongmexon Member Posts: 4
    It seems they are not paying uncles here anymore.
    Any idea? What happened to stale shares?
  • MidisMidis Member Posts: 16
    edited June 2017
    scorpio18 said:

or maybe someone is a bad guy and hit the pool with a ddos :) right now i see Dwarf is on maintenance mode "Due to technical maintenance the website will be offline for a short period of time. All your shares are calculated, all pool servers work"

This happens very often but has nothing to do with ddos.
    It is a typical technical maintenance for security reasons.
    Can you imagine how many millions $ are been mined on dwarfpool?
    There are places that simple ddos attack isn't working ;)
    Post edited by Midis on
  • SamsanSamsan Member Posts: 39
    yes i have also issues i mine whole day but on website no share show submitted
  • ethertrenchethertrench EuropeMember Posts: 24
    having those issues was the reason to create my own pool (http://ethertrench.com) ....plus the fact that I am not willing to pay a fee for it :smile:

Recently there was another big issue with Expanse, since dwarfpool was not able to adopt the reward from 8 to 4 Expanse with the hard fork.

Cheers, J
  • NekroNekro Member Posts: 16

@ethermine_rocks well its always easy to say yours is better .... but why is it better? And why would people use Dwarfpool (its the biggest pool by far) if its that bad?

the biggest pool doesn't mean the best. You should pay attention to the fees, the system of rewards. Small pools usually have many bonuses and offers.