GTX 1070 FE Mining benchmarks

2»

Comments

• mgladden2mgladden2 Member Posts: 12
    I'm thinking mining software developers are going to find a way to make use of ddr5x, but I could be wrong. Man, 36.1 per 1070 is nice. I keep noticing there's a cutoff where power use goes up more than hash rate. Getting into smi tweaks now. Thanks again, Kruisdraad.
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    like i said ... look into power limits ;)
    Here's an image of the guy who has it running on win 10 with some kind of beta driver, plus his comments: http://i.imgur.com/DU7Ulwy.jpg

What you see here is win 10 rs1 14361 build and unreleased driver - this should be ready for july win 10 update, power limit is set to 60% and eaqual to 90w power draw

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1464999.320
    (go to 17th page)
  • kruisdraadkruisdraad Member Posts: 61
    interesting, thanx for this. i thought they were a lot further behind (based on nvidia forums)

if you registered for that Cuda8 account you can download that special driver too btw ;)
    awesome. didn't know that. thanks. sent a pm thanking and one other $ mining suggestion (i might be wrong though)
  • lawrenceonglawrenceong Member Posts: 1
    hi -- newbie here. just wondering if you guys were able to replicate what this in windows following what you mentioned as the updated drivers? I'm planning to set up some cards to mining and was just wondering if this is a more suitable way to go (instead of AMD 480)?

tks
  • MoarHashMoarHash Member Posts: 13
    Any tips on how to force 1070s into performance state p0?

i can get stable 31mh/s on windows 10 but cannot push it further. I believe this is due to being stuck at p2
  • harmachharmach São PauloMember Posts: 10
    MoarHash said:

i can get stable 31mh/s on windows 10 but cannot push it further. I believe this is due to being stuck at p2

on W10

open CMD in ADMIN mode

then type

cd C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\

execute this 3 steps

nvidia-smi -q -d PERFORMANCE (will show your P state)
    (step1)
    then type

nvidia-smi -q -d SUPPORTED_CLOCKS | more
    (step2)
    will show Memory and GPU max clocks

i.e. for me Memory : 3505 MHz
    1th line<==== Graphics: 1506 MHz

write down this 2 values

now to set P0 state, just execute

nvidia-smi -ac 3505,1506
    (step3)**** do NOT type step ;)
    (repair that last values are Memory and GPU clock, that you gathered )

to check if is running on P0 mode, just repeat (step1)

voilá!!! now you can adjust into your GPU adjust program (i.e. MSI Afterburner) till find your better values

helped?

On a 1080 maxing the app clock setting won't push mine to p0. I haven't tried yet but I think you gotta go headless and put in compute mode with tcc driver to max it out. But energy efficiency is terrible beyond about 81% voltage, so I doubt I'll ever run at p0. I think it was 6% hash for 27% increase in power on mine to hit the limit in afterburner before errors started occurring (in wddm graphics mode). I've also heard sli mode squeezes a little more out of them. Good luck.
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    I'm happy running my Gigabyte G1 gaming 1070s at 31MHs each at 110w via nvidia-smi...

I'll be replacing the other 1070s I have with G1 Gaming cards which should give me 700w max via nvidia-smi for x6 G1 Gaming 1070s for a total of 180~190 Mhs...
    harmach said:

MoarHash said:

on W10

open CMD in ADMIN mode

then type

execute this 3 steps

(step1)
    then type

(step2)

1th line
    This technique worked just fine with 970s, but does not work with 1070 :(
    Works fine on a 1080
    mgladden2 said:

Works fine on a 1080

Really? I will definitely give this another try then. Thanks for letting me know
    Not to manually adjust the P setting, but to increase performance with -ac. Not a huge increase but a noticeable one for me. I now script that setting. Afterburner still controls most of it, and again, energy efficiency plummets beyond 81% voltage for me.
  • DonaldShwegaDonaldShwega Member Posts: 1

A story about PascalI am in the process of assembling 6 total -- for starters -- rigs with 6 1070 each. Total of three variations in 1070s. Currently waiting for the final number and my answer to myself is hash rate will remain 'average' once you factor in OC'ing or underCLK. Regardless the 1070 reference cards just feel so superior. For non-block (water) card directional air rather than fan spitting everywhere makes sense in the state I live as I will have to force air -- and why not -- if it won't involve as much extra equipment as other models. Feels better. From the box to the card. We all know why.

HASH RATE (mh/s)

One Windows 7 machine is mining Lyra2REv2 at 34/35 mh/s

Windows 10 is not far off and so far with a few tweaks it showing some promising potential.

The architecture of the new cards, new software, time and desire to win -- will prevail. I continue settling on the same card for resale purposes/warranty department is awesome at EVGA. It's all a wash ..except In My Opinion you simply had a Bentley Continental used with a tune racing the Porsche GT3 used.

Why am I writing this

where's my car? Seriously ... Wouldn't mind a pair of 1080s when the 'x' in the ram figure helps in the mining arena!

Good luck with reference. I couldn't return mine fast enough. Maxed out at 42 on lyra with temp as the limiting factor, and was hanging around 79 degrees. Giga g1 69 degrees and 52 hash. Love it.
  • Pminer0208Pminer0208 Member Posts: 5
    Mining with 2x GTX 1070 31 MH/s each, 3x GTX 970 at 68.5 MH/s & 1x XFX R9480 8G at 28MH/s with a total of 158.5 MH/s
  • ProSportsPhotogProSportsPhotog Member Posts: 18
    More info in the 1070 FE's. Any updates?
  • BrucelatsBrucelats Member Posts: 23
    edited June 2017
    harmach said:

MoarHash said:

on W10

open CMD in ADMIN mode

then type

execute this 3 steps

(step1)
    then type

(step2)

1th line
    Anyone know how to do it on Ubuntu 16.04 on gtx 1070? I cant reach level 3 performance. Im always on lv 2 when mining so cant use full potential of gpus. When miner is off it goes sometime to lv 3 but dont need it then -_-
  • mettalmagmettalmag Member Posts: 20
    thank you all for sharing this, it was very helpful for me searching for hardware
  • xMinesxMines Member Posts: 16

Hi there,

I've seen a lot of interested people on stats on the new pascal GPU's from Nvidia. I am actually setting up a new farm and did some testing the last few days wither i need pascal or old-style AMD's.

So out of the box the GTX1080 really sucks, so bad i did not even consider trying. So yes them story's are true.

however (!) the GTX1070 is a totally different story, and the reason is different memory. Perhaps its the driver that really doesn't support the 1080 in performance and it might take a while ... but with the price difference its not interesting anyways.

So back to 1070's. If you open the box and leave it stock you can forget running it in windows. Windows 7 just crashes and Windows 10 will run it, but very very poor performance with maybe 1MH/s tops (my i7 internal GPU performs better with 2MH/s)

so now its Linux's time. Out of the box with Genoil's 1.1.4 compiled with Cuda8 (which you need to install + latest beta driver) then you will get around 22 MH/s flat out, no tuning at less then 100Watts

With some basic tuning with SMI (which uses the outdated API and is pretty limited) you can bork it up to 26MH/s at the 118W usage. If you look the base power limit is 150W and can be extended to 170Watts so loads of room to play with. But as said with SMI you really cant and you need the real GPU tuning tools from Cuda. Once going there (and with a big help with a AsI tool trying all the options) i was able to find the highest possible overclocking settings.

pom pom pom, with fully maxed out you can get: 31,92 MH/s using 145 watts (so you can keep the 100% power limit) and with the FAN at max only gets 53C.

I have Asus GTX OC 970's to compare them and those are based with 18MH/s and can be tuned to their TDP max with 22-22,5 MH/s but is using 160Watts at that point. So the 1070FE is 50% faster and still uses 10% less power. You can even get the power down a few watts by tuning the FAN's and set it to like 70% perhaps.

This is all with single cards, my experience with 970's is that combined in pairs you can get a little more (perhaps 1MH/s) and in addition its not a lot of time spend with manual tuning. At some point i was getting 32,96 MH/s but after a few minutes it got unstable. With a lot more time tuning perhaps you can get that extra 1+ MH/s and if you ever get it stable, do post your settings.

Photo's with 36 GTX1070's following soon

Whith which software did you do the overclocking in linux? Don't find anything similiar to msi afterburner.