Hope this is the right board.
- Dipped my toe in with an R7 360 for a short time (4 - 5 days), a few shares came in - all good.
- Bought another video card, bumped up the hashes, more shares - all good.
- Bought another video card, the R7 360 didn't fit anymore. Ordered some PCI-E risers and while waiting on delivery mined with the two fastest card. Heaps more shares - all good.
- Pulled out an old workstation, put the R7 in and started mining. Nothing in over three days. Past experience showed an average of 5 shares per day - what the?
Totally understand there is an element of luck, but how about this. For shits and giggles I've put the CPUs to work mining too - this rig found three shares in 24 hours and the hash rate between the CPU and GPU are worlds apart. I'd say CPU shares are lucky, but no GPU shares are totally unlucky.
I've deleted the DAG file and re-created it as the only point of troubleshooting. Otherwise, everything looks and seems OK.
Three questions I'm hoping to have some help with:
1. I noticed when the DAG file was being re-created it made the file, started mining and started making another DAG file while mining. Never seen this before, is this normal or something I should even worry about?
2. Regarding the no shares - any thoughts here are appreciated.
3. I'm pool mining with nanopool. The worker isn't reported in the stats page. I'm guessing no shares, no reporting. But what about the contribution of the hash rate to the pool? I's like running last in a race and not even getting a participation award.
Thanks for any help.