<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 09:52:47 May 06, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Can't build pyethereum.

redmageredmage Member Posts: 5
Hi all,

I hope this is the right forum in which to ask this question. I'm attempting to build pyethereum on my X86-64 Ubuntu 13,10 system. I ran pip install -r requirements.txt. Unfortunately, the installation fails with the following errors:

In file included from leveldb_ext.cc:6:0:

leveldb_ext.h:8:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or directory

#include

^

compilation terminated.

error: command 'x86_64-linux-gnu-gcc' failed with exit status 1

Could this be an environment issue? I.e. it's looking for the Python.h file somewhere and can't find in in the PATH? Note that I'm running with Python 2.75

-- redmage

Best Answer

Answers

• malinlubmalinlub Member Posts: 1
    Cant install pyethereum by python setup.py install, can you help me? Ubuntu 14.04 WS

Installing pyethclient script to /usr/local/bin
    Installing pyeth script to /usr/local/bin

Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pyethereum-0.6.33_47_g537d85f-py2.7.egg
    Processing dependencies for pyethereum===0.6.33-47-g537d85f
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "setup.py", line 32, in
    cmdclass=versioneer.get_cmdclass())
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/core.py", line 151, in setup
    dist.run_commands()
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 953, in run_commands
    self.run_command(cmd)
    File "/usr/lib/python2.7/distutils/dist.py", line 972, in run_command
    cmd_obj.run()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/install.py", line 67, in run
    self.do_egg_install()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/install.py", line 117, in do_egg_install
    cmd.run()
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 375, in run
    self.easy_install(spec, not self.no_deps)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 599, in easy_install
    return self.install_item(None, spec, tmpdir, deps, True)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 650, in install_item
    self.process_distribution(spec, dist, deps)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/setuptools/command/easy_install.py", line 709, in process_distribution
    % e.args
    TypeError: not enough arguments for format string