Hitchpool - now 0% pool fee until 10th of June.

hitchpoolhitchpool Member Posts: 45
edited May 2016 in Pool Discussion
Hi everyone!

We launched hitchpool.org a while ago and have now reduced the pool fee to 0% until the 10th of June and hope to gather some more hashpower.

Since launch we have added some new features including custom payout thresholds (you can now set your minimum payout amount on your miner page starting from 0.1 eth) and support for claymore and qtminer (in addition to eth proxy support).

Take a look at our site and maybe give us a try. If you have any suggestions for additional features or any other feedback please drop a comment or send us an email.

Happy mining!

Comments

• rincerince Member Posts: 13
    Like the look of your site. I might give it a try today.
  • noonwaynoonway Member Posts: 11
    I'll give you a shot.. Got some questions though which I sent your way via email
  • hitchpoolhitchpool Member Posts: 45
    Thanks guys, hope you caught the lucky blocks yesterday :-)
  • Benni93Benni93 Member Posts: 50
    Giving this pool a Try, with my mini rig :D
    Every hash counts ;-)

I hope we find our next block soon, but the last rounds we were very lucky, might be Lady Fortune is taking a nap ;-)
  • chendchend Member Posts: 1
    We recently switched to this pool because we didn't want to encourage big pools anymore like dwarf and ethpool/ethermine. We all know the problems this is causing on the ethereum network.
    I confirmed this pool is real, pay every time we have 1 ether with the option to customize that amount. I would recommend it anytime.

Hope this helps!
    Chend

**we use claymore miner and it's reporting hashrate and email notications support as well.
  • adasebadaseb Member Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    It says PPS type payments. How do these work exactly?
    adaseb said:

It says PPS type payments. How do these work exactly?

Hi,

this means that when a block is found, every share that was mined between the last found block and the new block gets the proportional amount of the block reward.

So if all miners together mine 10 shares for a block and you have mined 2 shares you get 20% of the block reward.

wow, this block is a tough one. really having some bad luck here, hope it will even out soon!
    Yes this really is a bad round :(
    We are monitoring the situation and everything is working. We will find one :-)
    Is the Stratum server down or a Problem on my side?
    Benni93 said:

Hi,
    the servers are up. I can connect to both us and eu.
    Do you have problems connecting?
    hitchpool said:

Benni93 said:

Hi,
    Yea got 3 Rig not receiving any work packages, but thank u for the info! i will search the problem on my side
    Benni93 said:

hitchpool said:

Benni93 said:

Hi,
    Yea got 3 Rig not receiving any work packages, but thank u for the info! i will search the problem on my side
    You can also send me your address (and which client you are using) and I will check on the server side!

edited June 2016
    We are really unlucky at the moment, I checked ethermine's variance info on blocks and they also have some blocks that go up to 500%, one even to 700%. But with their hashrate it evens out pretty fast :/ ethermine.org/stats/luck
    Let's hope this block gets done soon and we can start a lucky streak...
    A big thanks to all miners who stick with us during this unlucky times :(
    The servers are working normally on the same software which found plenty of blocks the past days...
    If this block doesn't "break our neck" we hopefully will return to more profitable block times soon...
    Wow that was really a tough one. Let's hope the pool luck evens out over the next few days.
  • wxyzsupermodwxyzsupermod Member Posts: 9
    Well you got me I just got into ethereum coming over from bitcoin you have a good website currently sticking with you though I really hope we get some more mining power here 500 mhash/s isn't really enough I'm getting my friend who has never done crypto currency's into ethereum mining and he has a 980ti and I found the cuda miner for him so once the blockchain gets done downloading he's going to join the pool too I'm hoping he adds some much needed hashing power
    Thanks for giving us a try, I hope we have better luck with finding blocks over the next few days and can grow the hashrate again.
    With genoil's cuda miner your friend will currently need to use eth-proxy to be a able to use stratum since genoil's cuda miner's protocol version isn't supported at the moment.
    Could you give me some more detail on that stratum proxy I am not sure what that is again just joining ethereum and bitcoin was point and click so dont know all the things yet but good news my other friend both are kind of rich upgraded his PC and I got a 390x for 10 dollars so that should help
    There are 2 major ways to mine on pools: getwork and stratum. Getwork uses standard http calls and polls the pool for new work every x milliseconds. So when the pool knows there is a new block to work on your mining client only gets this info when he next polls for new work.

Stratum proxy uses a socket connection which stays open all the time and allows the pool to PUSH information about new work to the client. Your client therefore mines less time for a block which was already found by the network.
    Stratum should net you higher payouts at pools.

The standard ethminer client doesn't support stratum, only getwork.
    You can still use ethminer with stratum if you run a second program locally (eth-proxy). This one opens a stratum connection to the pool and you let ethminer poll very often from the proxy (which is on the same machine/network as your mining client so there is almost no latency).

Or you use a mining client which has stratum support built in.
    Currently our pool supports qtminer and claymore miner.
    Basic instructions for using them are on the pool website.

Problem is some client's stratum modes are currently not supported - like genoil's ethminer fork, which afaik gets used by most nvidia users. Because there are different implementations of the stratum protocol and our pool doesn't support all those versions.
    thank you booting up another gpu should double my hashpower so hope we get a lucky streak

thank you booting up another gpu should double my hashpower so hope we get a lucky streak

Great to hear. Yes some pool luck would be nice, we really had a tough week...
    We have extended the 0% pool fee until further notice!
    15 blocks in the last 24 hours? nice! some guys contributing some major hashrate from time to time :o
    edited June 2016
    Yes things are looking good at the moment, pool luck has also returned to normal levels after our tough week. Some fast blocks in the last 24 hours :-)

Thanks for mining with us, we are looking into adding some new features too.
    But we will probably introduce a pool fee in the coming days since we have been operating at a loss by covering development and server costs. We are thinking about 0.5%.
  • ethernerdethernerd Member Posts: 4
    Well 0.5 is still half of the big pools. Trying you out since etherite website has been down non stop for me...
    Thx for giving us a try. Had a pretty tough block but things should turn around again - as they always do ;-)
    Seems luck is turning in our favour :-)