Why am I being charged 115792089237316195423570985008687907853269984665640564039457584007913... gas?

Hi,

I'm a new user, and would like help understanding a record on the blockchain.

I do not understand the gas concept - why is the price so high to send 10 ETH? (Click this link and scroll to line 172.)

The problem is, I can't spend the 10 Ether now.

My wallet--

--although it is displaying my balance as 10 ETH, every attempt to send any amount of it results in a permanent state of "0/12 confirmations."

Yet the wallet seems to think the send has gone through and been confirmed, as the confirmations for the first transaction keep stacking up.

But when I check my DAO balance, it remains at the same amount of DAO tokens, so the 10 ETH clearly have not gone through.

Are they just stuck in the ether (the literal one?) Has this happened before?

Original details of the transaction.

The gas requirements seem to have been met.

Yet the error "Out of gas" occurs mid-transaction,

wherein the transaction obviously did not complete, even though the chain keeps recording confirmations that it did complete.

How do you get your ethereum back?
Post edited by SchniplopLoktix on

Comments

• SchniplopLoktixSchniplopLoktix Member Posts: 2
    It seems like I may have solved my own problem--I'm having success by sending 9.5 ETH instead of clicking "send all."

I don't know what that would have to do with the gas price being so high, but it seems that I'm still able to use my ETH, so I breathe a sigh of relief.
  • TheBitJunkieTheBitJunkie Member Posts: 7
    Yeah, I've noticed this myself, though my gas price didn't seem to be quite as high as you're experiencing... Glad you've figured it out, though. :)