Etherite.com - New/Fast Anonymous Mining Pool

Comments

• thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Just moved my 770MH farm over...here's to hoping we crack some more BLOCKS!!
    Post edited by thesmokingman on
  • EtheriteEtherite Member Posts: 76

Sorry missed what you had posted, hopefully everything is running all correctly?

• bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Etherite said:

Hi all fellow miners!

https://etherite.com has been operating for nearly 2 weeks now and is slowly building up a miner base and we have found 22 Blocks so far and have a transaction record of all payments made!

We are currently offering all miners that mine with us (based on address) 0% fees for life if you mine with us in the next 48 hours. A record of all miner address's will be made and those address's will never incur a pool fee forever!

Etherite is still 0% fees indefinately at the moment but secure your place for when we eventually up fees to 1% when we build a miner base that is sufficient to mine blocks regularly.

We also pay all transaction fees applicable for payments. So come along try us out, give any feedback or suggestions you have and last of all mine some ETH!

Is this offer still valid? IF so i'll switch over :)
    Etherite said:

Welcome to Etherite, the next generation Anonymous Mining Pool.
    https://etherite.com

Come and try out our blazing fast mining pool, utilizing the latest technologies. Fast and easy, no sign up required and you can be up and mining in minutes.
    We charge a 1% 0% fee, which will run for the next week or potentially longer.

We officially support Ethminer and also Stratum Proxy also other miners are known to work.

• Anonymous Mining
    • Low 1% 0%fee
    • Detailed statistics
    • Stratum Proxy support
    • Highly efficient backend engine, providing fast work updates
    • Rig Monitoring
    Etherite is constantly being further upgraded/updated and optimized and we wish to bring you new features. So please give us your feedback, suggestions or report any bugs!

Ethminer
    eth.etherite.com:8888/YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS/RIG_ID

Stratum Proxy
    eth.etherite.com:8008

Twitter
    https://twitter.com/EtheritePool
    What payment scheme does this use?
    bctopics said:

Unfortunately it has ended but I can make an exception for you and anyone else that pm's me their address today :smiley:

Happy mining all!
    Etherite said:

bctopics said:

Unfortunately it has ended but I can make an exception for you and anyone else that pm's me their address today :smiley:

Happy mining all!
    Went ahead and Pm'ed you :) thanks! What payment scheme does this use?
    bctopics said:

Replied, currently using PROP as round times will hopefully become shorter. Also looking at implementing PPLNS if that is what everyone would like?

Etherite said:

bctopics said:

Replied, currently using PROP as round times will hopefully become shorter. Also looking at implementing PPLNS if that is what everyone would like?

I personally like PPLNS but whatever is fine :P
    For those not familiar with the PROP payout method like I was:

Prop (Proportional)

A proportional pool carries no risk to the pool operator as miners are simply paid out when a block is found. No blocks, no payout! With a Prop pool the risk is all on the miners if it takes longer than expected to find a block then the miners earn less. On the flip side, if the pool is lucky (they will all average out the same eventually) the miners get more. This is in complete contrast to the PPS pool where there is no “Variance”
    Using made up data for simplicity, here’s an example:

-A block is found after 100000 shares
    -You submitted 1000 of those shares (you have 1% of the pools total hash power)
    -There’s 200FTC per block

Quite simply you will get 1% of the block = 2FTC. Now if the pool has a bad round (a round is the time taken to find a block) and it takes 200000 shares to find a block (twice as long) and you have submitted 2000 shares (as you’ve been mining twice as long), you still only get 1% of the block = 2FTC.
    This can also work in the miners favour too as if it takes half the time (50000 shares) to find a block and you submitted only 500 - again - 2ftc.

Basically with a Prop pool you always get you percentage of the block and you win/lose depending on the “Luck” of the pool.

The drawbacks to a prop pool are that there is often a fee although some pool ops rely on donations only and you will have to bear the variance of the block times and luck unlike a PPS pool. Also they are susceptible to “pool hoppers” where PPLNS pools are not.

Generally speaking Prop pools are are a better option than PPLNS pools if you like to move around coins and pools a lot and are only a part time miner.

For those not familiar with the PROP payout method like I was:

Prop (Proportional)

A proportional pool carries no risk to the pool operator as miners are simply paid out when a block is found. No blocks, no payout! With a Prop pool the risk is all on the miners if it takes longer than expected to find a block then the miners earn less. On the flip side, if the pool is lucky (they will all average out the same eventually) the miners get more. This is in complete contrast to the PPS pool where there is no “Variance”
    Using made up data for simplicity, here’s an example:

-A block is found after 100000 shares
    -You submitted 1000 of those shares (you have 1% of the pools total hash power)
    -There’s 200FTC per block

Quite simply you will get 1% of the block = 2FTC. Now if the pool has a bad round (a round is the time taken to find a block) and it takes 200000 shares to find a block (twice as long) and you have submitted 2000 shares (as you’ve been mining twice as long), you still only get 1% of the block = 2FTC.
    This can also work in the miners favour too as if it takes half the time (50000 shares) to find a block and you submitted only 500 - again - 2ftc.

Basically with a Prop pool you always get you percentage of the block and you win/lose depending on the “Luck” of the pool.

The drawbacks to a prop pool are that there is often a fee although some pool ops rely on donations only and you will have to bear the variance of the block times and luck unlike a PPS pool. Also they are susceptible to “pool hoppers” where PPLNS pools are not.

Generally speaking Prop pools are are a better option than PPLNS pools if you like to move around coins and pools a lot and are only a part time miner.

I'm interested in seeing how my payouts work out using this payment method. On ethermine's PPLNS and ethpool's SOLO - I was achieving 5ETH a day, and 10ETH on the 4th day when I was able to "mine" two blocks in one day. So 3 days of 5ETH payouts and 10ETH on the 4th day.

I'm a fan of PPLNS if I had a choice.
    There are pros and cons to all payout methods. We are investigating in also offering a PPLNS option but not looking at PPS at this current time as pool fee would have to be higher to cover risk of long rounds.
    More blocks and payouts sent :) welcome aboard all new miners I see we have over 40+ connected and hashing over 4.5GH/s.
    Another lucky streak at the moment 3 blocks in an hour! Payments will be sent shortly :smile:
    Etherite said:

Another lucky streak at the moment 3 blocks in an hour! Payments will be sent shortly :smile:

WOOT! 10 blocks in a day has to be a new record...

@Etherite - Any plans to allow us to set a threshold for payout? Say if I want to be paid out once I reach 5ETH vs .5ETH.

Etherite said:

WOOT! 10 blocks in a day has to be a new record...

@Etherite - Any plans to allow us to set a threshold for payout? Say if I want to be paid out once I reach 5ETH vs .5ETH.
    There has been a good streak of luck in the last 24 hours! Your the first to suggest this, I will look into it and see if we can implement some payment options you can configure.

Another suggestion. Is it possible to setup email alerts for when our rigs go down? I lost a worker in the middle of the night last night and didn't find out till the AM when I woke up to check on things.

I know some miners who won't switch unless there's an alert system, so implementing that may get you some more miners as well...specially those with decent sized farms.
  • 3vil_ETH3vil_ETH Member Posts: 6
    Etherite said:

Hi all fellow miners!

https://etherite.com has been operating for nearly 2 weeks now and is slowly building up a miner base and we have found 22 Blocks so far and have a transaction record of all payments made!

We are currently offering all miners that mine with us (based on address) 0% fees for life if you mine with us in the next 48 hours. A record of all miner address's will be made and those address's will never incur a pool fee forever!

Etherite is still 0% fees indefinately at the moment but secure your place for when we eventually up fees to 1% when we build a miner base that is sufficient to mine blocks regularly.

We also pay all transaction fees applicable for payments. So come along try us out, give any feedback or suggestions you have and last of all mine some ETH!

I've been mining on your pool since around the first block, I didn't see this post but I think I mined then. Am I on the list? 0x39f4d663c6fabf55e1405c575a9f38d1d14ff5cd Thanks
    3vil_ETH said:

I've been mining on your pool since around the first block, I didn't see this post but I think I mined then. Am I on the list? 0x39f4d663c6fabf55e1405c575a9f38d1d14ff5cd Thanks

Yes you are on the list :)

Another suggestion. Is it possible to setup email alerts for when our rigs go down? I lost a worker in the middle of the night last night and didn't find out till the AM when I woke up to check on things.

I know some miners who won't switch unless there's an alert system, so implementing that may get you some more miners as well...specially those with decent sized farms.

E-mail/SMS Notification support is currently being worked on. We are trying to push out the new statistics also as it has taken a little bit longer than expected.
    Etherite said:

E-mail/SMS Notification support is currently being worked on. We are trying to push out the new statistics also as it has taken a little bit longer than expected.
    Sounds good! Would it be possible to allow us to manually set the downtime window for the SMS alerts? i.e. the pool default is 30 minutes but I want a 15 minute window.

Etherite said:

Sounds good! Would it be possible to allow us to manually set the downtime window for the SMS alerts? i.e. the pool default is 30 minutes but I want a 15 minute window.
    We are aiming for the following features at the moment;
    • Per rig monitoring - (Turn monitoring off/on for different rigs)
    • E-mail Notifications
    • SMS Notifications
    • Downtime Window (e.g 10minutes = E-Mail / 30Mins = SMS)
    • Email or SMS Only
    Please note that SMS is only going to be available in certain countries, which are to be confirmed closer to releasing the features.
  • michidamichida Member Posts: 31
    what the h... is wrong with this round :(
    michida said:

what the h... is wrong with this round :(

Was rather unlucky but just found that block :smile:
  • muerethemuerethe Member Posts: 16
    What's up with the website? Last update on the miners page was about an hour ago. My hashrate was off by about 30 mh as well for the last few hours so back to ethermine for now.
    muerethe said:

What's up with the website? Last update on the miners page was about an hour ago. My hashrate was off by about 30 mh as well for the last few hours so back to ethermine for now.

Sorry what exactly do you mean? We had a rather long round before but have found a few blocks rather fast now.

I dont see any issues with the server or payments etc everything seems to be running smoothly.

If you could pm me exactly what your issue was i can look into it further :smile:
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016

@Etherite
    The web site is down and my miners aren't hashing.
    Stats API Temporarily Down
    Usually it's just a temporal issue and mining is not affected.
  • VladskiVladski Member Posts: 1
    Looks like my miners haven't been able to connect for about an hour. Main site and miner stats page is down too?
  • muerethemuerethe Member Posts: 16
    stats api temporarily down is the error online now when going to etherite.com
  • stoonstoon Member Posts: 337 ✭✭✭
    Sorry we did a quick backend update in prepare for notifications and other features.

We appologise for any downtime but it should have been minimal. Most miners are hashing away but you might have failed over to a back up pool if you had one sent.

All payouts have been sent also :smile:
    Couple more blocks found and payouts sent :smile:

We apologise again for any downtime suffered by the update. We will be turning our notification feature on soon after some testing so keep an eye out and happy mining!