Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!

Martins2040Martins2040 Member Posts: 27
Im getting this in QTminer and Claymore's Dual.

QTminer:
Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!

Claymore's:
ETH: Stratum - socket send failed 10054, disconnect
ETH: Connection lost

I wonder ? It runs but does it every min.

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    What OS? Win 7?
  • Martins2040Martins2040 Member Posts: 27
    Win 10, but it isnt my system. I doubt it. I switched to suprnova, and now it works fine, same commands, same bat file. So i dont know.I guess it was ethermine.org ?
  • ethermine_rocksethermine_rocks Member Posts: 228
    you have a bit lower fee at our pool ethermine.rocks and stratum supported if you would like to give it a go.
    claymore is confirmed to work with our pool just fine.
  • bpvarsitybpvarsity Member Posts: 92

claymore is confirmed to work with our pool just fine.

I cant get qtminer to work either. I am on windows 7. It works fine if I use ethermine.org so its something with your pool

i 22:59:29|main Connecting to stratum server 164.132.25.21 : 8888
    i 22:59:29|main Connection to stratum server established!
    Found suitable OpenCL device [Tonga] with 4294967296 bytes of GPU memory
    i 22:59:29|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:30| Loading full DAG of seedhash: #290decd9…
    i 22:59:30|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:36|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:36|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:36|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:36|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:41|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:41|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:42|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:42|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:47|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:47|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:47|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:47|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:52|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:52|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:52|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:52|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:57|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:57|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:57|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:57|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!

Any ideas? I would like to try your pool
  • EtheriteEtherite Member Posts: 76
    Seems like the connection with the server is unstable?

Your more than welcome to try ours at https://etherite.com to make sure its not your connection?

eth.etherite.com:8888
    you try ethminer or claymore dual. Claymore will stress your cards a bit more but it does mine two currencies at same time and uses stratum as well. If you wish I will help you setup later PM me.Or try ethminer link is here

http://ethermine.rocks/#/help
    edited May 2016
    Etherite said:

Seems like the connection with the server is unstable?

Your more than welcome to try ours at https://etherite.com to make sure its not your connection?

eth.etherite.com:8888

Would'nt surprise me that its unstable. The pool is on a OVH server in France after all. Not the best place plus to far for us USA folks.

eth.etherite.com:8888 works just fine thanks. Any advantage using yours over ethermine.org? besides 0% fee?

bpvarsity said:

Would'nt surprise me that its unstable. The pool is on a OVH server in France after all. Not the best place plus to far for us USA folks.

eth.etherite.com:8888 works just fine thanks. Any advantage using yours over ethermine.org? besides 0% fee?

No advantage over other pools other than the small good luck we had with our first block/uncle and if the latency is better for you. Zero fees are a bonus and it helps spread the hashrate :)
    Etherite said:

bpvarsity said:

No advantage over other pools other than the small good luck we had with our first block/uncle and if the latency is better for you. Zero fees are a bonus and it helps spread the hashrate :)
    Sorry I mispoke. I had to use eth.etherite.com:8008 as QtMiner uses Stratum Proxy. You might want to update that on your homepage as it tells you to use 8888 with QtMiner which will not work.

Also how long does it take for my rigs to show up? I have been pointing at the pool the last hour and still not showing anything on your site.

Thanks
    edited May 2016
    I pointed my rig running ethos at the pool and my rig showed up instantly. My other miner using qtminer on windows is still not showing up and It has been running for an hour and shows to be submitting shares to your server.

Any idea why the qtminer rig isnt showing up?

https://etherite.com/#/account/0x93B1aA1204dc06af4522a321D0BD2F58387909b3
    edited May 2016
    Also QtMiner uses the following structure.

eth.etherite.com:8008 -u YOUR_ETH_ADDRESS.RIG_ID -G
    Post edited by bpvarsity on
    edited May 2016
    I gave up on qtminer with the pool. My rig never showed up. I was able to get ethminer to work with etherite.com. Ill point another 500MH/s if things go well with this test :)
    bpvarsity said:

I gave up on qtminer with the pool. My rig never showed up. I was able to get ethminer to work with etherite.com. Ill point another 500MH/s if things go well with this test :)

Sorry for the troubles you are having, your rigs should show up as soon as they start submitting shares. I see you have a couple of rigs under that address, did you solve it or would you like me to look into it further?
    Etherite said:

bpvarsity said:

Sorry for the troubles you are having, your rigs should show up as soon as they start submitting shares. I see you have a couple of rigs under that address, did you solve it or would you like me to look into it further?
    I tried to get two different rigs with qtminer to work but they did not show up. They were submitting shares according to the rigs logs/output but they were not showing up.

I switched over to ethminer and it showed up instantly. Looks like there is some issues with qtminer compatibility.
    I dont mean to make this sound rude but Etherite you should know your pool code before inviting miners. Your pool code doesnt support qtminer at all. A different gui doesnt make different background code, thats why it appeared to be mining but bpvarsity your wallet didnt show up. Ethminer is supported by pool author and works fine, dwarf stratum proxy isnt supported either as it isnt a real stratum proxy.
    About ethermine.rocks stability I dont really see any issues. We monitor pool at all times and are very active in support. The pool gave 5 blocks today to miners so total profit for most was 5 ETH or more. I fail to see what is the problem with that.

I dont mean to make this sound rude but Etherite you should know your pool code before inviting miners. Your pool code doesnt support qtminer at all. A different gui doesnt make different background code, thats why it appeared to be mining but bpvarsity your wallet didnt show up. Ethminer is supported by pool author and works fine, dwarf stratum proxy isnt supported either as it isnt a real stratum proxy.

It appears your pool doesn't support qtminer either. I never got it working either.
    22:59:30|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:36|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:36|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:36|main Push: New work package received
    i 22:59:36|main Connection to stratum server lost. Trying to reconnect!
    i 22:59:41|main Connection to stratum server established!
    i 22:59:41|main Waiting for work package...
    i 22:59:42|main Push: New work package received

That is what I get when I point my rigs with qtminer to ethermine.rocks.
    I am fine using ethminer but it would be nice to remove the mention of qtminer on etherite until it is supported. Also etherium.rocks needs to say it doesnt support it either. If it does then there seems to be an issue.
    as I mentioned before both pools seem to share same background code, just different front page. This is not bad, the code is very good and benefits to miners, although I did mention on pool thread that ethminer and claymore dual miner are currently supported mining tools, you can also download a stable proxy from help page to mine with stratum support if you cant use claymore. you setup proxy to use ethermine.rocks as pool and stratum port 8008 in eth-proxy.conf then you point ethminer to mine on proxy and you have stratum.
    You are right about pool page though, I will clear that up on help section as soon as possible. thank xou for that.

You are right about pool page though, I will clear that up on help section as soon as possible. thank xou for that.

No problem. Both of the pools are great and I will support both but I just wanted to help you guys make things clear for newcomers about which tools are supported.
    Point taken, will do. I you need any futher help dont hesitate to post. Happy mining!

Point taken, will do. I you need any futher help dont hesitate to post. Happy mining!

Thanks you too.

Can you add SSL to your pool website? I can get you a free Comodo SSL cert as I have a enterprise account with them and can get free ones.