OSX, XAMPP, WEB3. Receiving error: Error: exec: "/Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/solc": permission denied

boestinboestin Member Posts: 7
First of all I want to tell something about what I am trying to achieve:
I want to create a contract using web3 (....and probably solc). Since I am a complete and total Noob, I think I screwed up my system, but I'm not sure.

On OSX (Macbook) I have installed and deinstalled the usual stuff using brew (cpp-ethereum and go-ethereum). Also to make it all go wrong, I installed Mist wallet. Later I found out that Mist also comes with cpp and go, but since I couldnt find how to start Mist with command-line options to run on the Test-net, I switched to the Geth commandline.

I have a RPC connection with my wallet, no problems there.

Anyway: here is the problem:

But when I want to create and compile a contract with solc, I see a permission denied error in the developer tools, /Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/solc": permission denied web3.js:3114:16

I opened up geth using the following command:

sudo geth --rpc --rpccorsdomain="*" --testnet --solc "/Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/solc" console

When I try to run admin.setSolc("/Applications/XAMPP/htdocs/solc"), I receive permission error as well.\

To be clear, all the directories are recursively set so that everyone has read/write access.

Hope you guys can help me.