Unable to Sync node

wege12wege12 USAMember Posts: 64
When I start my Mist wallet, it will attempt to download all the newest blocks but it just sits there not downloading a single one. I can't seem to figure out what the issue is. Any suggestions?

Thank you

Comments

• dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Are you forwarding port 30303 on your router? Is your system firewall allowing that port in?
  • wege12wege12 USAMember Posts: 64
    edited April 2016
    Got it to sync but now my wallets are not there :o
    edited April 2016
    Starting to get nervous here. How can I get my wallets back?
    Post edited by wege12 on
    Let it finish syncing.
    edited April 2016
    It did finish syncing and opened with no wallets. However, I have just located my encrypted JSON for the wallets that are missing. I'm just not sure what to do next to restore my wallets in Mist..

EDIT: Are there any better alternatives to Mist?
    Post edited by wege12 on
    How would I go about restoring my wallets in Mist?
    First, your "wallet" per se is on the blockchain. What you have is the keys required to access it (them). On linux the keys are in your home (user) directory under ".ethereum/keystore", but I have no idea where they are in Windows. If you put your key(s) in that directory, you should be able to access the associated account on the blockchain. The file name of the key(s) ends with the account number. I hope this helps, but I'm not sure; I've never used Mist.
  • oslakoslak Member Posts: 191
    C:\Users\#Username#\AppData\Roaming\Ethereum\keystore

The Mist fetches the wallet stored in the keystore folder. You have to check show hidden files in the folder option from the tools tab then navigate to the keystore folder.