Will the Bitcoin->Ether ratio remain the same during the 60days sale?

T62AT62A Member Posts: 2
edited March 2014 in Ether Sale
There was a similar discussion before, but there was no concrete answer i could see, also the math was a bit off.

Most of traders know bitcoin has a growing cycle, we are nearing the next bubble and the price will rise. In this thread we will assume the value will rise.

a) Right now bitcoin costs 610 USD. The Ethereum team offers (AFAIK) 2,000 Ether for 1 Bitcoin, meaning they are selling 1 Ether for 0.3 USD which i would consider a fair price.

b) If the 1Bitcoin->2,000Ether ratio remains the same and the bitcoin price rises x10 then my 1 Ether will be worth 3USD and i will be happy to invest my Bitcoins right now regardless the project fails or not, becuase the Ethereum team is rewarding early investors.

c) If the Bitcoin price rises x10 and the Ethereum team decides to reward x10 more Ether per Bitcoin to attract late investors making it 1BTC->20,000Ether or similar then i'm not only losing 10 times my bitcoin value for not holding bitcoins to trade, but ALSO i'm losing Ethereum value by 10, since scarcity is the one that gives value to an altcoin and the more there are in the market the less it costs.

So, will the Bitcoin->Ether ratio remain de same regardless of the prices changes?.

This post comes after the experience of other pre-order markets, where the developers punished early investors by offering more to late investors, it was a total pain, so i would like to know what the Ethereum team thinks about it.

Comments

• StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    We have no plans of any kind similar to your assumption c), and why would we :)

The details haven't been released yet. You can however sleep easy and assume that in fact, the reward ratio diminishes over time, rather than increases.
  • fffgreekfffgreek Member Posts: 3
    are we close to the details release?
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    We're closer, definitely, had some really good results from all the work that went into it in the last month or so. I however don't have an exact date but I can tell you we're very keen to show everyone the business plan, etc!
  • T62AT62A Member Posts: 2
    "You can however sleep easy and assume that in fact, the reward ratio diminishes over time, rather than increases."

Well that's great, i'm more keen to get into Ethereum now.

I'm also interested to know the Fundraiser->Devs premined ethereum ratio, as explained in the 1) point here: (http://bit.ly/1kQxjzn) but i guess that's not defined yet, i can wait for an official update from the team.

Thanks for the answer.